Delaware Investments(R) Dividend and Income Fund, Inc. Announces Dividends
Today, Delaware Investments Dividend and Income Fund, Inc. (the “Fund”), a New York Stock Exchange-listed closed-end fund trading under the symbol “DDF,” declares a monthly dividend of $0.0525 per share. This dividend is payable June 26, 2015, to shareholders of record at the close of business on June 12, 2015. The ex-dividend date will be June 10, 2015.
The Fund is a diversified closed-end fund. The primary investment objective is to seek high current income; capital appreciation is a secondary objective. The Fund seeks to achieve its objectives by investing, under normal circumstances, at least 65% of its total assets in income-generating equity securities, including dividend-paying common stocks, convertible securities, preferred stocks, and other equity-related securities. Up to 35% of the Fund’s total assets may be invested in nonconvertible debt securities consisting primarily of high yield, high risk corporate bonds. In addition, the Fund uses leveraging techniques in an attempt to obtain a higher return for the Fund. There is no assurance that the Fund will achieve its investment objectives.
The Fund has implemented a managed distribution policy. Under the policy, the Fund is managed with a goal of generating as much of the distribution as possible from net investment income and short-term capital gains. The balance of the distribution will then come from long-term capital gains to the extent permitted, and if necessary, a return of capital. Even though the Fund may realize current year capital gains, such gains may be offset, in whole or in part, by the Fund’s capital loss carryovers from prior years. For federal income tax purposes, the effect of such capital loss carryovers is to convert (to the extent of such current year gains) what would otherwise be nontaxable returns of capital into distributions taxable as ordinary income. The use of such capital loss carryovers in this circumstance will produce no tax benefit for shareholders, and the capital loss carryovers available to offset future capital gains of the Fund will be reduced. Under the Regulated Investment Company Modernization Act of 2010, this tax effect attributable to the Fund’s capital loss carryovers (the conversion of nontaxable returns of capital into distributions taxable as ordinary income) will no longer apply to net capital losses of the Fund arising in Fund tax years beginning after Nov. 30, 2011. The actual determination of the source of the Fund’s distributions can be made only at year end. Shareholders should receive written notification regarding the actual components and tax treatments of all Fund distributions for the calendar year 2015 in early 2016.
About Delaware Investments
Delaware Investments, a member of Macquarie Group, is a global asset management firm that offers a wide variety of equity and fixed income solutions for individual and institutional investors. Delaware Investments is supported by the resources of Macquarie Group (ASX: MQG; ADR: MQBKY), a global provider of asset management, investment, banking, financial and advisory services. Visit delawareinvestments.com for more information.
Delaware Investments is the marketing name for Delaware Management Holdings, Inc. and its subsidiaries. Advisory services provided by Delaware Management Business Trust, a registered investment advisor. Macquarie Group refers to Macquarie Group Limited and its subsidiaries and affiliates worldwide. For more information about Delaware Investments, visit delawareinvestments.com or call 800 523-1918.
Investments in the Fund are not and will not be deposits with or liabilities of Macquarie Bank Limited ABN 46 008 583 542 and its holding companies, including their subsidiaries or related companies (the “Macquarie Group”), and are subject to investment risk, including possible delays in repayment and loss of income and capital invested. No Macquarie Group company guarantees or will guarantee the performance of the Fund, the repayment of capital from the Fund, or any particular rate of return.
(c) 2015 Delaware Management Holdings, Inc.
- Green Dot’s GoBank Checking Account Launches Exclusively at Walmart 1 view
- US, global stocks rise amid revised IMF forecast 1 view
- Aussie Edges Lower as Yuan Declines 1 view
- The Pound moves toward support levels 1 view
- Breaking News: Target Data Keys Potentially Compromised 1 view
- US dollar hits monthly low on Fed speculation 1 view
- Gold Miners Gain Traction Against the Yellow Metal 1 view
- Polish Buses Offer On-Board Self-Ticketing with Verifone NFC Payment Devices 1 view
- Stocks are Buoyed by Robust Retail Sales 1 view
- China Takes Mantel as Largest African Sweet Crude Oil Importer 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Stocks Notch Up Losses for a Third Consecutive Session 1 view
- Alibaba becomes world’s biggest ever IPO 1 view
- US Dollar Pushes Higher as Yellen Weighs In 1 view
- Synchrony Financial and MEGA Group USA Extend Consumer Financing Agreement 1 view
- Euro Reverses Wednesday’s Gains as Flight to Quality Accelerates 1 view
- DCT Industrial Trust(R) to Present at Citi 2015 Global Property CEO Conference 1 view
- Oil breaks through a key level 1 view
- Intraday Comment 22/01/2015 1 view
- Care.com & Yahoo Parenting Happiness Survey Reveals People Without Kids Are Happier Than Parents; Yet, More Than Half of Them Think They’d Be Happier as Parents. Plus, a Majority of Parents Feel Happier Now That They Have Children. 1 view
- Citigroup Trading Volumes Hurt 3rd Quarter Profits 1 view