Cinemark to Launch In-Theatre Gaming League in Several Complexes across the U.S.
Cinemark Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:CNK) , one of the world’s leading motion picture exhibitors, announced plans to participate in the Super League Gaming Summer Tour that launches in Los Angeles and will be reaching over 25 major cities across the U.S. To launch the event in Cinemark’s theatres, CaptainSparklez, a YouTube celebrity with over 8.6 million subscribers, will be making an appearance at the June 15 inaugural event at the Cinemark Playa Vista & XD theatre located at 12746 W. Jefferson Blvd Ste. 3190, Los Angeles, CA.
The tour will run from June 15 through August 26 and is designed to introduce the concept of Super League Gaming and inform eSports enthusiasts about league gameplay which starts with a 6-week session on September 14. For the first time ever in Cinemark’s theatres, starting with the game Minecraft, gamers and their teams will have the ability to compete against each other in locations throughout the country for league championship titles. For a list of participating locations and to buy tickets, fans can visit http://www.cinemark.com/superleaguegaming.
“Cinemark is recognized as the leader in technology and innovation in the exhibition industry and our high-quality theatres function as complete entertainment destinations,” stated Tim Warner, Cinemark’s CEO. “We’re interested in providing all types of content and options for our guests and gaming is certainly a big draw. With our large screens, great sound systems and comfortable seating, Cinemark has quickly become recognized by gamers as the premier theatre company and venue to enjoy eSports and other gaming activities.”
Cinemark takes pride in creating the best entertainment experience in the industry. Guests can download the Cinemark app to view show times, purchase tickets on-the go, and use CineMode to earn rewards for being courteous during movies. Customers are invited to stay connected through Cinemark’s social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram and YouTube. Finally guests can sign up online to receive free, weekly show time emailers that contain online coupons for discounts at the concession stand and other weekly special offers.
About Cinemark Holdings, Inc.
Cinemark is a leading domestic and international motion picture exhibitor, operating 497 theatres with 5,687 screens in 41 U.S. states, Brazil, Argentina and 11 other Latin American countries as of March 31, 2015. For more information go to investors.cinemark.com.
- Stocks Notch Up Losses for a Third Consecutive Session 1 view
- Alibaba becomes world’s biggest ever IPO 1 view
- US Dollar Pushes Higher as Yellen Weighs In 1 view
- Synchrony Financial and MEGA Group USA Extend Consumer Financing Agreement 1 view
- Euro Reverses Wednesday’s Gains as Flight to Quality Accelerates 1 view
- DCT Industrial Trust(R) to Present at Citi 2015 Global Property CEO Conference 1 view
- Oil breaks through a key level 1 view
- Intraday Comment 22/01/2015 1 view
- Care.com & Yahoo Parenting Happiness Survey Reveals People Without Kids Are Happier Than Parents; Yet, More Than Half of Them Think They’d Be Happier as Parents. Plus, a Majority of Parents Feel Happier Now That They Have Children. 1 view
- Citigroup Trading Volumes Hurt 3rd Quarter Profits 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- US dollar hits monthly low on Fed speculation 1 view
- Gold Miners Gain Traction Against the Yellow Metal 1 view
- Polish Buses Offer On-Board Self-Ticketing with Verifone NFC Payment Devices 1 view
- Stocks are Buoyed by Robust Retail Sales 1 view
- China Takes Mantel as Largest African Sweet Crude Oil Importer 1 view
- Polish Industrial Production Recovers 1 view
- Unemployment benefit claims fall to five-year lows 1 view
- American Campus Communities Wins Eight INNOVATOR Awards at Student Housing Business’ Interface Conference 1 view
- Asian Stocks Decline; But Not From Chinese Inflation Data 1 view
- Stock rally cut short as partial government shutdown enters its second day 1 view