Blackstone Portfolio Company Phoenix Tower International Announces Acquisition of T4U Holding Brasil S.A., Comprising More Than 500 Wireless Towers in Brazil
Phoenix Tower International (“PTI”), owned by funds managed by Blackstone’s Tactical Opportunities business, announces the acquisition of T4U Holding Brasil, S.A. (“T4U”). The acquisition is to be structured as a merger of T4U into PTI’s existing Brazilian tower business. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20150615005728/en/
The combined businesses will operate under the name Phoenix Tower do Brasil, which will own and operate 529 wireless infrastructure assets with a pipeline of over 250 wireless towers under construction for all of the major wireless operators in Brazil.
“We are thrilled to announce this investment in Brazil, a market where we see considerable growth in the wireless market and where we hope to explore further investment activity more broadly,” said Jasvinder Khaira, a Managing Director in Blackstone’s Tactical Opportunities business. “We believe the combination of PTI and T4U’s experienced teams create a strong foundation from which to build upon T4U’s existing portfolio of assets and pursue additional growth opportunities in the sector.”
“We feel that the merged business offers our wireless customers a significant footprint of high quality tower assets in major urban locations across Brazil as well as a strong combined team of experienced tower professionals focused on leasing, operating and building towers to meet our customer’s network demands now and in the future,” said Dagan Kasavana, Chief Executive Officer of Phoenix Tower International.
About Phoenix Tower International
Phoenix Tower International (“PTI”) owns and operates towers and other wireless infrastructure and related sites throughout Latin America and the United States. PTI’s customers include Am’erica M’ovil, Telefonica, Cable & Wireless Communications, AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint-Nextel, Verizon and Digicel Group. PTI was founded in 2013 with a mission to be a premier site provider to wireless operators across various high-growth markets internationally. PTI is currently operating in Costa Rica, Panama, Dominican Republic, Colombia, the United States and Brazil. PTI’s investors include funds managed by Blackstone Tactical Opportunities, as well as various members of the management team. PTI is based in Boca Raton, Florida. For more information about Phoenix Tower International, please visit www.phoenixintnl.com.
Blackstone’s Tactical Opportunities business employs an opportunistic investment strategy across asset classes, industries and geographies. The strategy seeks to capitalize on time-sensitive or non-traditional investment opportunities that are differentiated and difficult to source, analyze or execute.
Blackstone is one of the world’s leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with over $300 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Blackstone also provides various financial advisory services, including financial and strategic advisory, restructuring and reorganization advisory and fund placement services. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone.
- Canada Wholesale Sales Sharply Higher 1 view
- Stocks close on their lows, Blackberry disappoints 1 view
- Detroit Bankruptcy Draws Visitors to the City’s Ruins: LA Times 1 view
- Stock Tread Water Ahead of Fed Meeting 1 view
- Financials on the Ropes; XLF Underperforms 1 view
- FOREX Watch: Euro edges higher ahead of ECB 1 view
- Blackberry Foxconn Partnership 1 view
- Aussie Dollar forms a bottom 1 view
- French Consumer Confidence Stalls 1 view
- ECB:Surprise interest rate cut 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- American Express Soars on Q3 Results 1 view
- Yen Gains Traction Following Weak Chinese PMI; Traders Eye Services PMI 1 view
- Western Union Offers Apple PayTM as New Pay-In Option for Money Transfer Customers 1 view
- Eurozone Labour Costs Fall 1 view
- AUDUSD pauses downtrend 1 view
- Cancer and pregnancy top reasons for using disability insurance benefits, Unum says 1 view
- Stocks buoyed by strong manufacturing data 1 view
- GBPUSD Weighed Down By Increasing UK Deficit 1 view
- EPIX Documentary Investigates the Arrest of Ross Ulbricht, the Alleged “Dread Pirate Roberts” — Founder of Online Black Market Silk Road, in the Original Documentary “Deep Web” 1 view
- Canada Wholesale Sales Sharply Higher 1 view