IR’s Gen8 IGBT Technology Platform and IR3847 SupIRBuck(R) Named 2014 China ACE Awards Winners
International Rectifier, IR(R) (NYSE:IRF) , a world leader in power management technology, today announced that the company’s Generation 8 (Gen8) 1200V Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor (IGBT) technology platform and IR3847 SupIRBuck(R) high current integrated voltage regulator have been named winners of the prestigious 2014 China Annual Creativity in Electronics (ACE) Awards.
IR’s Gen8 IGBT platform won the High Performance Component of the Year category of the 2014 China ACE Awards. The Gen8 IGBTs utilize IR’s latest generation Trench Gate Field Stop technology to offer benchmark performance for industrial and energy saving applications. The novel design allows best-in-class Vce(on) to reduce power dissipation and increase power density, and delivers superior robustness.
The IR3847 was named Outstanding Power Semiconductor/Voltage Converter Product of the Year. The IR3847 extends the current rating of IR’s third generation SupIRBuck(R) family up to 25A in a compact 5×6 mm package. As a result of a new thermally enhanced package using copper clip and several proprietary innovations in the controller, the IR3847 can operate at 25A without heatsink, and reduces PCB size by 20% compared to alternative integrated solutions and 70% compared to discrete solutions using a controller and power MOSFETs. A complete 25A power supply solution can be implemented in as little as 168mm2.
“IR’s Gen8 IGBTs and IR3847 SupIRBuck(R) devices meet our customers’ needs by delivering benchmark performance and density in their respective applications, and we are delighted to receive these prestigious awards in recognition of our market-leading innovations from the China engineering community,” said Adam White, IR’s Senior Vice President, Global Sales.
The China Annual Creativity in Electronics (ACE) Awards honor the technologies, companies and people that have shaped innovative electronic design in Mainland China.
About International Rectifier
International Rectifier (NYSE:IRF) is a world leader in power management technology. IR’s analog and mixed signal ICs, advanced circuit devices, integrated power systems and components help enable high performance computing and reduce energy waste from motors, the world’s single largest consumer of electricity. Leading manufacturers of computers, energy efficient appliances, lighting, automobiles, satellites, aircraft and defense systems rely on IR’s power management benchmarks to power their next generation products. For more information, go to www.irf.com.
IR(R) and SupIRBuck(R) are registered trademarks of International Rectifier Corporation. All other product names noted herein may be trademarks of their respective holders.
- FOREX Watch: US dollar breaks sticking point 1 view
- US Dollar Edges Higher on ADP Employment Report 1 view
- Fedex & UPS Scramble Amid Media Fire 1 view
- Stocks close mixed despite strong economic data 1 view
- US Demand, Global Prospects to Boost Canada’s Economy in 2014 1 view
- Alliance Healthcare Services Establishes Partnership with The Pain Center of Arizona 1 view
- Eurozone Retail Sector Under Pressure 1 view
- Spanish Inflation Falls Back To Zero 1 view
- Vernalis, all eyes on the new cough/cold drug 1 view
- Lululemon Tanks on Guidance Woes 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Loonie Poised to Gain Ground on Strong Employment Report 1 view
- US Housing Data Steps into the Spotlight 1 view
- Movado Group, Inc. to Present at the Telsey Advisory Group 5th Annual Fall Consumer Conference 1 view
- CHARTS OF THE DAY 1 view
- American Water’s Customer Account Management Website, My H2O Online, Goes Mobile 1 view
- US stocks rise as signs of prolonged stimulus emerge 1 view
- Netflix tops S&P 500 in 2013, investors eye earnings report 1 view
- Strong GDP Growth From Ireland 1 view
- BIND Therapeutics Appoints Hagop Youssoufian, M.Sc., M.D. as Chief Medical Officer 1 view
- American manufacturers outpace expectations: ISM 1 view