DTS Acquires Manzanita Systems
DTS Inc. (Nasdaq: DTSI), a leader in high-definition audio solutions, today announced that it has acquired Manzanita Systems, the industry-leading developer of MPEG software solutions for digital television, video on demand (VOD) and over-the-top (OTT) markets, in a move designed to enable DTS to offer greater value to its customers in those markets.
“We are committed to growing our business in the network-connected media ecosystem and believe that the acquisition of Manzanita Systems will help DTS further strengthen its position in the space,” said Geir Skaaden, Sr. Vice President of Digital Content and Media Solutions, DTS.
The acquisition will enable DTS to leverage Manzanita’s toolset offerings to more rapidly deploy new technologies into the market, broaden customer support capabilities and accelerate progress in the network-connected market. Together, DTS and Manzanita will provide industry-leading content packaging and delivery solutions for emerging media formats, which in turn supports greater strategic alignment with studios, music labels and other content providers.
“As part of DTS, we will continue to offer the industry’s most advanced transport stream analyzers and software multiplexer solutions,” said Greg Vines, Vice President, Product Commercialization, DTS. “Joining DTS allows us to take advantage of its much larger platform and scale to further develop our product portfolio and offer customers even greater value.”
DTS will be showcasing streaming demos that utilize tools developed by Manzanita Systems at IBC 2014 at its stand located in Hall 2, 2.B50. Media and analysts interested in setting up a demo and interview can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manzanita Systems is a leading provider of MPEG software solutions for digital television, VOD, and digital ad insertion. Renowned for adherence to standards, Manzanita’s transport stream analyzer and multiplexer are indispensible tools that enable service providers, broadcasters, post-production houses, and manufacturers of digital video technologies to produce better MPEG content, workflows, and solutions. The Manzanita products are available as standalone applications and SDKs for offline and real-time applications. Learn more about Manzanita’s proven solutions at http://www.manzanitasystems.com.
About DTS Inc.
DTS Inc. (Nasdaq:DTSI) is a premier audio solutions provider for high-definition entertainment experiences-anytime, anywhere, on any device. DTS exists to make the world sound better. DTS’ audio solutions are designed to enable recording, delivery and playback of simple, personalized, and immersive high-definition audio, and are incorporated by hundreds of licensee customers around the world into an array of consumer electronics devices. From a renowned legacy as a pioneer in high definition multi-channel audio, DTS became a mandatory audio format in the Blu-ray DiscTM standard and is now increasingly deployed in enabling digital delivery of compelling movies, music, games and other forms of digital entertainment to a growing array of network-connected consumer devices. DTS technology is in televisions, personal computers, smartphones, tablets, digital media players, video game consoles, Blu-ray Disc players, audio/video receivers, soundbars, DVD based products, automotive audio systems, set-top-boxes, and home theater systems. Founded in 1993, DTS’ corporate headquarters are located in Calabasas, California. DTS also has offices in Los Gatos and Santa Ana, California, Washington, China, France, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan and the United Kingdom. Copyright 2014, DTS, Inc. DTS, the Symbol, and DTS and the Symbol together are registered trademarks of DTS, Inc. All other trademarks are the properties of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
- Visa Falls Despite Revenue Gains 2 views
- Sam’s Club to Offer LifeLock(R) Identity Theft Protection 1 view
- Dow Jones Industrial Average: correction can extent to 17,000! 1 view
- Euro area manufacturing economy maintains recovery pace: Markit 1 view
- Dex Media and Yext Sign Agreement to Expand Small Business Internet Marketing Offerings 1 view
- Stocks Consolidates on Weak Data 1 view
- DRESSER-RAND SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Proposed Sale of Dresser-Rand Group Inc. under Investigation by Johnson & Weaver, LLP in Connection with the Proposed Sale of the Company to Siemens AG 1 view
- The Importance of Cash Savings 1 view
- Canadian Business Optimism rises: BOC 1 view
- Sterling Slides as Minutes Reveal Hawkish Central Bank that is Not Yet Ready to Act 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Visa Falls Despite Revenue Gains 2 views
- US Pension Fund Fitness Tracker: No Reversal in Q4, Funding Ratios Decline for Fourth Consecutive Quarter 1 view
- Forex News – Week Ahead – RBNZ and Australian jobs data in focus 1 view
- Euro Moves Higher as Tensions are De-escalated 1 view
- US Dollar Weaker Ahead of FOMC Minutes 1 view
- JPY weaker on BoP, SEK inflation in focus 1 view
- European Session – Dollar under 120.00 yen ahead of FOMC minutes 1 view
- Financials on the Ropes; XLF Underperforms 1 view
- Stocks move higher after strong employment report 1 view
- Loonie Poised to Gain Ground on Strong Employment Report 1 view