Thermo Fisher Scientific Appoints New Members to Scientific Advisory Board
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE:TMO) , the world leader in serving science, has appointed three new members to its Scientific Advisory Board: Dr. Andrea Califano, Dr. Arnold J. Levine and Dr. Aviv Regev.
Dr. Andrea Califano (Photo: Business Wire)
Dr. Califano is the founding chairman of the department of systems biology at Columbia University, and he currently serves on the board of scientific advisors of the National Cancer Institute. He is also professor of biomedical informatics at Columbia University.
Dr. Levine is professor emeritus of systems biology at the Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton, N.J. and professor of pediatrics and of biochemistry with the Robert Wood Johnson Medical School at Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey.
Dr. Regev is a core member of the Broad Institute and an associate professor of biology at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. She is also an investigator at the Howard Hughes Medical Institute.
“As pioneers in their fields of study, Andrea, Arnold and Aviv are strong additions to our Scientific Advisory Board,” said Marc N. Casper, president and chief executive officer of Thermo Fisher. “They bring a depth of understanding from the academic and research communities that will help inform our strategies for advancing our customers’ work in computational and systems biology, genomics and cancer research.”
The Scientific Advisory Board, established in 2010 to formalize the two-way exchange of technological information between the company and representatives from some of the world’s premier centers of health, science, and education, also includes the following members:
- Steven P. Gygi, PhD, Professor, Harvard Medical School, Department of Cell Biology
- William C. Hahn, MD, PhD, Associate Professor, Harvard Medical School, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Department of Medical Oncology
- Klaus Lindpaintner, MD, MPH, Chief Scientific Officer, Analytical Instruments, Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Edison T. Liu, MD, President and CEO, The Jackson Laboratory
- Tyler Jacks, PhD, David H. Koch Professor of Biology and Director of the David H. Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research at MIT, and Investigator at the Howard Hughes Medical Institute (also a member of Thermo Fisher’s Board of Directors)
- Iain Mylchreest, VP of R&D, Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry, Thermo Fisher Scientific
- David M. Sabatini, MD, PhD, Professor, Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research and MIT
- Alan Sachs, Chief Scientific Officer, Life Sciences Solutions, Thermo Fisher Scientific
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE:TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our four premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Life Technologies, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
- Canadian housing starts rise in July 1 view
- Echelon Expands its IzoT Platform for the IIoT to Enable Multiprotocol Wired and Wireless Building Automation Systems 1 view
- US Groundbreaking, Building Permits Plunge in January 1 view
- Greek Current Account Deficit Widens 1 view
- UK House Prices Settle Down This Month 1 view
- Slight Drop In Japanese Inflation 1 view
- Schwab Announces Planned Launch of Schwab Intelligent Portfolios 1 view
- Western Union Holds 9th Annual Consumer Protection and Compliance Conference 1 view
- B&W Volund Consortium Awarded Contract To Build Waste-To-Energy Power Plant in Scotland 1 view
- Stocks Trade Mixed Ahead of Data and Earnings 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- The Federal Reserve Begins Its Two Day Meeting Today 1 view
- The Marcus Corporation Appoints Rachel McKinney Vice President of Human Resources 1 view
- US pending home sales decline sharply in October 1 view
- Semis Show Strong Seasonal Tendencies for April 1 view
- JPMorgan’s $7.2 Billion in Legal Fees Weigh on Earnings 1 view
- NTT America Builds on Strengths with New Channel Partner Program 1 view
- Cable Holds Ground Following Mixed Retail Sales Data 1 view
- Rent-A-Center Promotes Jonathan Parks to Vice President, Global Logistics and Distribution 1 view
- Dex Media and Yext Sign Agreement to Expand Small Business Internet Marketing Offerings 1 view
- Canadian housing starts rise in July 1 view