Cree Announces New Generation of High Power LEDs to Achieve Better Performance and Lowest System Cost
Cree, Inc. (Nasdaq: CREE) introduces the XLamp(R) MH-B LED, a new generation of high power LEDs that delivers better performance and a more effective way to achieve low-cost systems than mid-power (MP) LEDs. Using Cree’s high reliability ceramic package technology, the XLamp MH-B LED is able to operate at higher temperatures than MP LEDs with no reduction in rated lifetime, enabling an impressive 60 percent reduction in heat sink size and cost. Using up to 26 times fewer LEDs than MP LEDs to achieve the same level of performance, the XLamp MH-B is optimized to simplify LED system designs for applications where multiple MP LEDs are currently used.
“Cree has once again invented a lighting-optimized solution that can lower my costs and decrease manufacturing times,” said Frank Chen, technical director, Zhejiang Shenghui Lighting Co., Ltd. and Sengled Optoelectronics Co., Ltd. “While chip-on-board LEDs are an attractive alternative to MP LEDs in terms of reliability and cost, they aren’t compatible with my automated manufacturing processes. The new XLamp(R) MH-B LED finally gives me a more reliable alternative to mid-power LEDs – I no longer have to compromise my brand and reputation to achieve a lower system cost.”
Featuring Cree’s EasyWhite(R) technology and a small 5-mm light emitting surface, the XLamp MH-B provides many system benefits over arrays of MP LEDs, including tighter beam angles, simpler optics, a more traditional appearance and easier color consistency. As a single LED, the XLamp MH-B LED delivers up to 830 lumens at 175 mA and can also be used in arrays to address higher lumen applications that require low cost and high reliability, such as high bay, outdoor area and downlights.
“The new XLamp(R) MH-B LED combines the reliability and manufacturability of Cree’s high power LEDs with the simplicity and performance of our CXA LED arrays,” said Paul Thieken, director of marketing, LED components. “MH-B introduces a new technology platform that gives customers the best of both technologies, while avoiding the limitations of mid-power LEDs.”
The XLamp MH-B LED is available in 2700K – 6500K with high CRI options. Product samples are available now and production quantities are available with standard lead times. Please visit www.cree.com/xlamp/mhb to learn more.
Cree is leading the LED lighting revolution and making energy-wasting traditional lighting technologies obsolete through the use of energy-efficient, mercury-free LED lighting. Cree is a market-leading innovator of lighting-class LEDs, LED lighting, and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications.
Cree’s product families include LED fixtures and bulbs, blue and green LED chips, high-brightness LEDs, lighting-class power LEDs, power-switching devices and RF devices. Cree(R) products are driving improvements in applications such as general illumination, backlighting, electronic signs and signals, power suppliers and solar inverters.
Please refer to www.cree.com for additional product and company information.
This press release contains forward-looking statements involving risks and uncertainties, both known and unknown, that may cause actual results to differ materially from those indicated. Actual results may differ materially due to a number of factors, including the risk that actual savings will vary from expectations; the risk we may be unable to manufacture these new products with sufficiently low cost to offer them at competitive prices or with acceptable margins; the risk we may encounter delays or other difficulties in ramping up production of our new products; customer acceptance of LED products; the rapid development of new technology and competing products that may impair demand or render Cree’s products obsolete; and other factors discussed in Cree’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including its report on Form 10-K for the year ended June 29, 2014, and subsequent filings.
Cree(R), EasyWhite(R) and XLamp(R) are registered trademarks of Cree, Inc.
- Stocks Notch Up Losses for a Third Consecutive Session 1 view
- Alibaba becomes world’s biggest ever IPO 1 view
- US Dollar Pushes Higher as Yellen Weighs In 1 view
- Synchrony Financial and MEGA Group USA Extend Consumer Financing Agreement 1 view
- DCT Industrial Trust(R) to Present at Citi 2015 Global Property CEO Conference 1 view
- Oil breaks through a key level 1 view
- Intraday Comment 22/01/2015 1 view
- Care.com & Yahoo Parenting Happiness Survey Reveals People Without Kids Are Happier Than Parents; Yet, More Than Half of Them Think They’d Be Happier as Parents. Plus, a Majority of Parents Feel Happier Now That They Have Children. 1 view
- Green Dot’s GoBank Checking Account Launches Exclusively at Walmart 1 view
- US, global stocks rise amid revised IMF forecast 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- THE JOKER and Harley Quinn Bring Havoc, Chaos, Twists and Spins as Two New Rides Open for the 2015 Season 1 view
- US dollar hits monthly low on Fed speculation 1 view
- Gold Miners Gain Traction Against the Yellow Metal 1 view
- Polish Buses Offer On-Board Self-Ticketing with Verifone NFC Payment Devices 1 view
- Stocks are Buoyed by Robust Retail Sales 1 view
- Knowles Corporation Appoints New Chief Technology Officer 1 view
- China Takes Mantel as Largest African Sweet Crude Oil Importer 1 view
- Polish Industrial Production Recovers 1 view
- Unemployment benefit claims fall to five-year lows 1 view
- USD/CAD – it’s all about volume 1 view