Cooper Tire Unveils New Discoverer A/TW Tire
Delivering uncompromising all-terrain performance for all seasons, Cooper is launching its most progressive SUV/light truck tire yet, the Discoverer A/TW. Expanding upon the proven technology of Cooper’s best-selling Discoverer A/T3 tire, the new all-terrain winter traction tire boasts a fusion of advanced compound technologies and design innovations.
The Cooper Discoverer A/TW provides a reliable all-terrain design with both off-road and on-road capabilities aggressive enough to achieve the “severe snow” rating via the 3-peak mountain snowflake symbol. Micro-gauge corrugated siping and SnowgrooveTM 2.0 technology give numerous biting edges for fierce snow-on-snow traction and superior winter performance for geographies that experience harsh winter conditions.
“In our centennial year, Cooper continues to innovate like an upstart with this new all-terrain tire,” said Scott Jamieson, Cooper’s Director of Product Management. “Following in the footsteps of our successful Discoverer family product lineup, the A/TW far exceeds the standards set to earn the mountain snowflake symbol for superior snow capability, and this tire leads the way for drivers seeking a diverse, 12-month tire option.”
Computer optimized pitch sequence and twin tie-bars are incorporated in the Discoverer A/TW for excellent handling and control on roads and highways, adding stability and hydroplane resistance for wet conditions and reducing in-vehicle noise. In addition, off-road adventures are supported by chevron grooves and cut and chip compound additives that complement the advanced all-terrain tread pattern to keep consumers moving steadily through mud, sand, rocks and loose soil.
This premium all-terrain, severe weather rated tire will be available in 23 SUV and light truck sizes beginning September 2014. Additional sizes will be added in the spring of 2015. All sizes come with a tread wear protection warranty. The Discoverer A/TW will be distributed in Canada exclusively at Canadian Tire stores and is available in the U.S. through Cooper’s network of independent tire dealers.
About Cooper Tire & Rubber Company
Cooper Tire & Rubber Company (NYSE:CTB) is the parent company of a global family of companies that specialize in the design, manufacture, marketing, and sales of passenger car and light truck tires. Cooper has joint ventures, affiliates and subsidiaries that also specialize in medium truck, motorcycle and racing tires. Cooper’s headquarters is in Findlay, Ohio, with manufacturing, sales, distribution, technical and design facilities within its family of companies, located in 11 countries around the world. For more information on Cooper, visit www.coopertire.com, www.facebook.com/coopertire, or www.twitter.com/coopertire.
- Mortgage REITs Still Trading Below Book Value…And Still a Bargain 1 view
- Loonie Poised to Gain Ground on Strong Employment Report 1 view
- US Housing Data Steps into the Spotlight 1 view
- Movado Group, Inc. to Present at the Telsey Advisory Group 5th Annual Fall Consumer Conference 1 view
- CHARTS OF THE DAY 1 view
- American Water’s Customer Account Management Website, My H2O Online, Goes Mobile 1 view
- Weak Manufacturing Data Sends Euro to Fresh 8-month Lows 1 view
- US stocks rise as signs of prolonged stimulus emerge 1 view
- Netflix tops S&P 500 in 2013, investors eye earnings report 1 view
- Strong GDP Growth From Ireland 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Earnings preview: Target Corp. 1 view
- EUR/USD trades virtually unchanged 1 view
- Steady Reading On French Inflation 1 view
- Sterling Breaks Out on Strong Momentum 1 view
- Sterling Slides as Minutes Reveal Hawkish Central Bank that is Not Yet Ready to Act 1 view
- Bel First Quarter Net Earnings Increase 122%, Sales Set a Record $142.0 Million 1 view
- Stocks Rebound on Outside Reversal Day Following Fed Minutes 1 view
- Burger King-Tim Hortons Merger Boosts Canadian Dollar 1 view
- North American Pair Falls on Income Data 1 view
- USD/JPY Breaks Out as MACD Generates Buy Signal 1 view