Wells Fargo Offers Spanish-Speaking Customers New Text Banking en Espa~nol
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE:WFC) today announced its text banking service is now available in Spanish, giving Spanish-speaking customers a safe and easy way to manage their personal and small business finances.
The list of Spanish-language commands for Wells Fargo’s new Spanish Text Banking (Banca por Texto) (Photo: Business Wire)
“Our convenient text banking service now offers customers the option of performing certain account transactions in Spanish via their mobile phone. Through simple and secure text queries, text banking is the fastest, easiest way for customers to see a snapshot of their accounts,” said Brett Pitts, head of product management for Wells Fargo’s Digital Channels Group. “We are proud to enable even more customers with access to account information in ways that best meet their changing needs and preferences. Text banking is convenient, and customers say it works well with their busy lifestyles.”
According to Pew Research, Hispanic consumers in the U.S. are adopting mobile technology at faster rates than other demographic segments. When the fastest growing demographic in the U.S. is increasingly turning to mobile phones and tablets, it makes sense to be providing digital experiences that are convenient, relevant and meaningful for those consumers.
“We’re committed to giving all of our customers a great experience – whether they come into a store, call us on the phone or log in from their phone or computer,” said Pitts. “For our Spanish-speaking customers, that may mean conducting some banking in Spanish. We want to provide a great experience however they reach out to us. The launch of Spanish text banking is one more way for us to meet their needs.”
How to Enroll in & Use Text Banking
Text banking is a free service from Wells Fargo, but mobile carrier text messaging and web access charges may apply. Customers can activate the service visiting wf.com/text from an internet-enabled mobile phone and provide their mobile phone number. They will quickly receive a “welcome” text message from Wells Fargo with instructions on how to use the service.
Once enrolled, banking is easy by texting 93557 – the short-code that spells “WELLS” on traditional numeric keypads – using some of the following commands:
- “SAL TODO” (“get all balances”) automatically shows current available balances in a text message.
- “VEN” determines Wells Fargo credit card payment information
- “ACC” shows if a check deposited
- “CAJ” along with the customer’s city and state or ZIP code (e.g. “CAJ 94118″ or “CAJ San Diego CA”) shares a list of nearby Wells Fargo ATM locations
Customers can text “Commandos” or “CMD” for a complete list of Wells Fargo’s text banking commands. After the initial text is sent, the text number 93557 can be saved in a mobile phone address book to help make the process even faster for the customer next time.
Wells Fargo Mobile Text Banking is Safe
The Wells Fargo Mobile Text Banking service is safe. Customer accounts are referred to only by nicknames, therefore account numbers, passwords or other personal information are not needed. Mobile Banking is covered by our Online Security Guarantee. Visit Wells Fargo’s Online Security Guarantee to learn more.
Access to account information while “on the go” adds protection for customers when it comes to fraud prevention and detection. Mobile text banking allows customers to review their accounts for unusual activity anytime, and take quick action if necessary.
For more information on how customers can protect themselves, visit the Wells Fargo Fraud Information Center. It reminds customers to never disclose personal information, such as account numbers, passwords, or any combination of sensitive information via text message. Customers should use legitimate sources to verify contact information including:
- Type https://www.wellsfargo.com in their web browser and click on the “Contact Us” link.
- Call 800-869-3557 for Wells Fargo customer service.
- Find official contact information on customers’ online or paper bank statements.
- Confirm the telephone number by cross-checking it with the phone number on the back of their ATM, debit or credit card.
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE:WFC) is a nationwide, diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.6 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 locations, 12,500 ATMs, and the internet (wellsfargo.com), and has offices in 36 countries to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 265,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 29 on Fortune’s 2014 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy all our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories.
SAMPLE TEXT BANKING IMAGES
For electronic copies of sample screenshot images, contact Edna or Jason at the email addresses above.
- THE JOKER and Harley Quinn Bring Havoc, Chaos, Twists and Spins as Two New Rides Open for the 2015 Season 1 view
- US dollar hits monthly low on Fed speculation 1 view
- Gold Miners Gain Traction Against the Yellow Metal 1 view
- Polish Buses Offer On-Board Self-Ticketing with Verifone NFC Payment Devices 1 view
- Knowles Corporation Appoints New Chief Technology Officer 1 view
- China Takes Mantel as Largest African Sweet Crude Oil Importer 1 view
- Polish Industrial Production Recovers 1 view
- Unemployment benefit claims fall to five-year lows 1 view
- USD/CAD – it’s all about volume 1 view
- Asian Stocks Decline; But Not From Chinese Inflation Data 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- PBTEEN UNVEILS ECO-CONSCIOUS CAPSULE COLLECTION WITH WORLD CHAMPION SURFER KELLY SLATER 1 view
- US Consumer Sentiment Declines in March: Reuters/University of Michigan 1 view
- EUR/USD at Risk 1 view
- FDA Approves Jakafi(R) (ruxolitinib) for the Treatment of Patients with Uncontrolled Polycythemia Vera 1 view
- Stocks Notch Up Losses for a Third Consecutive Session 1 view
- Alibaba becomes world’s biggest ever IPO 1 view
- US Dollar Pushes Higher as Yellen Weighs In 1 view
- Synchrony Financial and MEGA Group USA Extend Consumer Financing Agreement 1 view
- DCT Industrial Trust(R) to Present at Citi 2015 Global Property CEO Conference 1 view
- Oil breaks through a key level 1 view