Elanco Animal Health, Dow AgroSciences Announce Strategic R&D Agreement
Two Indiana agricultural companies, Elanco, the animal health division of Eli Lilly and Company (NYSE:LLY) , and Dow AgroSciences LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Dow Chemical Company (NYSE:DOW) , are announcing a strategic research and development (R&D) agreement that will focus on developing integrated solutions to enable livestock producers to increase meat and milk production to meet the demands of the growing global population.
According to the U.N. Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), demand for meat, milk, and eggs will increase by more than 60 percent in the next few decades. The agreement leverages the strengths of Elanco’s animal health business with the proprietary germplasm and feed technologies of Dow AgroSciences to develop innovative solutions that can increase the efficiency, quality, and productivity of livestock for ranchers and producers worldwide.
“Dow AgroSciences is proud to work closely with another Indiana agricultural company to develop future product solutions for beef and dairy producers,” says Tim Hassinger, President and CEO, Dow AgroSciences. “Collaborating with Elanco is exciting because it unites the strength of their animal health expertise with our feed and forage expertise. Together, we will be looking for ways to develop total solutions that involve improving both the carrying capacity of the land and the health and productivity of production animals to help our customers meet the needs of the growing world.”
“Delivering enough of the high quality meat, milk and eggs we’ll need to feed our growing population is one of the greatest challenges of our time,” said Jeff Simmons, President of Elanco. “And we’ll have to produce more with less because we are already over using our resources, equivalent to 1.5 earths each year. Ultimately, these issues will be solved with innovative solutions, which is at the foundation of this agreement. We are very excited about the opportunities this effort will bring.”
Elanco is a global, innovation-driven company that develops and markets products and services to improve animal health and protein production in more than 75 countries. Elanco employs more than 3,000 people worldwide, with offices in more than 40 countries, and is a division of Eli Lilly and Company, a leading global pharmaceutical corporation. Additional information about Elanco is available at www.elanco.com. Follow Elanco on Twitter @elanco and @JeffSimmons2050.
About Dow AgroSciences
Dow AgroSciences, based in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA, is committed to discovering, developing, and bringing to market crop protection and plant biotechnology solutions for the growing world. Dow AgroSciences is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Dow Chemical Company and had annual global sales of $7.1 billion in 2013. Learn more at www.dowagro.com. Follow Dow AgroSciences on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn or subscribe to our News Release RSS Feed.
- Greek mid-year budget surplus 1 view
- SpartanNash Announces Third Quarter Fiscal Year 2014 Financial Results 1 view
- Aussie Approaches 0.94 US ahead of RBA Meeting Minutes 1 view
- Mercer lead trustee advisor on UK’s largest pension buy-out: lb2.5 billion L&G bulk annuity purchase of TRW Pension Scheme liabilities 1 view
- Economic sentiment, business climate improve in euro area 1 view
- US third quarter GDP beats advance estimate 1 view
- Energy Stocks Could Climb Higher as OPEC Output Falls 1 view
- LNB Bancorp, Inc. Shareholders Vote to Approve Merger with Northwest Bancshares Inc. 1 view
- U.S. Army Orders Oshkosh FMTVs 1 view
- Stocks close out worst week since June 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Eurozone Manufacturing Reaches 31-Month High: Markit 1 view
- US stocks left afloat as congress reaches resolution 1 view
- Box Introduces Box Developer Edition to Power Apps for the Digital Enterprise 1 view
- US Homebuilder Confidence Soars to 8-year High in December: NAHB 1 view
- Strong PMI Data Fails Ignite the Euro 1 view
- UK Services PMI Recovers Strongly 1 view
- Greek mid-year budget surplus 1 view