OvaScience CEO Michelle Dipp Named Outstanding Young Leader
OvaScienceSM (NASDAQ:OVAS) , a global life sciences company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of new fertility treatments, announced today Michelle Dipp, M.D, Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer at OvaScience, has received the Ten Outstanding Young Leaders (TOYL) Award from the Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce.
“Michelle is an inspiring leader who has made an important impact on the life sciences industry through her many professional accomplishments. She is also a generous and caring person who contributes her time and expertise to organizations and causes that benefit the community. We congratulate Michelle and the other leaders on this well-deserved recognition,” said Rich Aldrich, Co-Founder and Chairman of the Board of Directors of OvaScience.
The TOYL Awards identify and celebrate the region’s young leaders. Since its inception, over 500 young leaders, including President John F. Kennedy, community advocate Carol Fulp, business leader Jack Connors, Jr., and Boston Red Sox legend Carl Yastrzemski, have been honored for their professional, personal, and civic commitment to improving the quality of life within the Boston community.
OvaScience (NASDAQ:OVAS) is a global life sciences company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of new fertility treatments. The Company’s patented technology is based on the discovery of egg precursor cells (EggPCs), which are found in the ovaries. By applying proprietary technology to identify and isolate EggPCSM cells, OvaScience is developing potential next generation in vitro fertilization (IVF) treatments. OvaScience launched the AUGMENTSM treatment, which aims to improve egg quality and increase the success of IVF, in international markets and has two additional treatments in development: the OvaPrimeSM treatment, designed to boost a woman’s egg reserve using her own EggPC cells; and the OvaTureSM treatment, which seeks to create mature fertilizable eggs from a woman’s own EggPC cells without the need for hormone injections. OvaScience’s team of scientists, physicians and advisers includes recognized leaders in the field of reproductive medicine. For more information, please visit www.ovascience.com and connect with us on Twitter and Facebook.
This press release includes forward-looking statements about the Company’s plans for the AUGMENT treatment and its two fertility treatments in development. Actual results may differ materially from those indicated by these forward-looking statements as a result of various important factors, including risks related to: our expectation that the AUGMENT treatment and OvaPrime treatment meet the requirements of a class of products exempt from premarket review and approval under applicable regulations in those countries where we have launched or plan to introduce the AUGMENT treatment and plan to introduce the OvaPrime treatment; the science underlying our treatment and treatments in development (including the AUGMENT, OvaPrime and OvaTure treatments), which is unproven; our ability to obtain regulatory approval where necessary for our potential treatments; our ability to develop our potential treatments, including the OvaPrime and OvaTure treatments, on the timelines we expect, if at all; our ability to commercialize the AUGMENT treatment and our potential treatments, including the OvaPrime treatment, on the timelines we expect, if at all; as well as those risks more fully discussed in the “Risk Factors” section of our most recently filed Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q and/or Annual Report on Form 10-K. The forward-looking statements contained in this press release reflect our current views with respect to future events. We anticipate that subsequent events and developments will cause our views to change. However, while we may elect to update these forward-looking statements in the future, we specifically disclaim any obligation to do so. These forward-looking statements should not be relied upon as representing our view as of any date subsequent to the date hereof.
- CHARTS OF THE DAY 1 view
- American Water’s Customer Account Management Website, My H2O Online, Goes Mobile 1 view
- Gramercy Property Trust Inc. Reports Third Quarter 2014 Financial Results 1 view
- BIND Therapeutics Appoints Hagop Youssoufian, M.Sc., M.D. as Chief Medical Officer 1 view
- American manufacturers outpace expectations: ISM 1 view
- Crown Castle Expands Telemedicine Clinic, Adds Access for Employee Dependents 1 view
- The Yen Continued to Weaken, Sterling was Also on the Move 1 view
- Bel First Quarter Net Earnings Increase 122%, Sales Set a Record $142.0 Million 1 view
- US Dollar Edges Higher on ADP Employment Report 1 view
- Sterling Breaks Out on Strong Momentum 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Sterling Breaks Out on Strong Momentum 1 view
- Sterling Slides as Minutes Reveal Hawkish Central Bank that is Not Yet Ready to Act 1 view
- Statistics Canada to Revise July Job Numbers Because of “Error” in Initial Estimate 1 view
- Strong GDP Growth From Ireland 1 view
- USD/JPY Breaks Out as MACD Generates Buy Signal 1 view
- US government shut down for the first time in 17 years 1 view
- Alliance Healthcare Services Establishes Partnership with The Pain Center of Arizona 1 view
- US dollar maintains 81.00 1 view
- Stocks close mixed despite strong economic data 1 view
- US Demand, Global Prospects to Boost Canada’s Economy in 2014 1 view