Itron and i2O Water Announce New Alliance to Offer Smart Pressure Management Solutions
Itron, Inc. (NASDAQ:ITRI) , a world-leading technology and services company dedicated to the resourceful use of energy and water, announced a new alliance with i2O Water, the U.K.-based world leader in smart pressure management for water networks. The collaboration will expand Itron’s water portfolio and round out its non-revenue water (NRW) offering, enabling utilities to more effectively and efficiently manage water resources around the world. i2O’s innovative technology helps minimize non-revenue water by reducing physical water losses in the distribution network.
i2O’s Smart Pressure Management solution joins Itron’s suite of NRW products, including acoustic leak detection, district metering and analytics. i2O’s solution automatically and continuously optimizes water pressure according to consumption and day-to-day changes in flow. The patented technology provides utilities with visibility into network performance and remote control of pressures to reduce operating costs, better serve customers and extend the life of network infrastructure. The technology conserves water resources through reduced leakage and bursts, cutting the energy consumption associated with water distribution and reducing the carbon footprint of operating distribution networks.
“i2O’s unique solution rounds out Itron’s portfolio of water technology, giving our customers access to the industry’s leading pressure management technology,” said Gavin van Tonder, president of Itron’s water business line. “i2O’s technology is critical to managing precious water resources and helping utilities realize efficiencies by reducing non-revenue water and associated energy costs. Our collaboration with i2O opens new doors for current and future customers around the world.”
Itron has signed a five-year agreement to distribute i2O’s Smart Pressure Management products. This new alliance will combine the strengths of each company, including Itron’s leadership in the smart water metering space and i2O’s market-leading Smart Pressure Management technology, giving Itron’s customers access to a comprehensive NRW offering.
“We are delighted to be working with Itron. The company’s skills and expertise in the smart metering industry make Itron an ideal partner to distribute i2O’s new Smart Pressure Management solutions,” said Adam Kingdon, business development director and co-founder of i2O Water. “Through this collaboration, Itron will be able to help many more water utilities reduce their leakage and burst frequency, lower operational costs and improve customer service.”
Itron is a world-leading technology and services company dedicated to the resourceful use of energy and water. We provide comprehensive solutions that measure, manage and analyze energy and water. Our broad product portfolio includes electricity, gas, water and thermal energy measurement devices and control technology; communications systems; software; as well as managed and consulting services. With thousands of employees supporting nearly 8,000 customers in more than 100 countries, Itron applies knowledge and technology to better manage energy and water resources. Together, we can create a more resourceful world. Join us: www.itron.com.
- Greek mid-year budget surplus 1 view
- SpartanNash Announces Third Quarter Fiscal Year 2014 Financial Results 1 view
- Aussie Approaches 0.94 US ahead of RBA Meeting Minutes 1 view
- Mercer lead trustee advisor on UK’s largest pension buy-out: lb2.5 billion L&G bulk annuity purchase of TRW Pension Scheme liabilities 1 view
- Economic sentiment, business climate improve in euro area 1 view
- US third quarter GDP beats advance estimate 1 view
- Energy Stocks Could Climb Higher as OPEC Output Falls 1 view
- LNB Bancorp, Inc. Shareholders Vote to Approve Merger with Northwest Bancshares Inc. 1 view
- U.S. Army Orders Oshkosh FMTVs 1 view
- Stocks close out worst week since June 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Outlook on the US dollar ahead of FOMC minutes, key data 1 view
- USD/JPY currency pair moves up to resistance levels near 100 1 view
- Yellen’s Comments Wednesday will Drive Market Sentiment 1 view
- Carmelo Anthony, Marshawn Lynch, Skylar Diggins, Serena Williams, LeBron James, Gabby Douglas, Lionel Messi, Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Lindsey Vonn among Top Athletes to Receive Nominations for Nickelodeon’s Kids’ Choice Sports Awards 1 view
- EXCO Resources, Inc. Announces Credit Agreement Amendment, 2015 Capital Budget and Provides Operations and Reserves Update 1 view
- Eurozone Manufacturing Reaches 31-Month High: Markit 1 view
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees and Accenture Deliver Global Biometric Identity Management System to Aid Displaced Persons 1 view
- US stocks left afloat as congress reaches resolution 1 view
- Box Introduces Box Developer Edition to Power Apps for the Digital Enterprise 1 view
- US Homebuilder Confidence Soars to 8-year High in December: NAHB 1 view