U.S. Department of Defense Approves Spok’s Public Safety Solutions
Spok, Inc. today announced that its solutions for 9-1-1 call taking and dispatch, call center recording and quality management, and IP phone tracking have received Joint Interoperability Test Command (JITC) certification and are now listed under the Department of Defense’s Unified Capabilities Approved Products List. This encompasses Information Assurance (IA) Accreditation from the Defense IA/Security Accreditation Working Group (DSAWG) and Interoperability Certification (IOC) from the Joint Staff (JS). This accreditation means these solutions provide the highest levels of security and interoperability as required by the U.S. Government and the U.S. Military.
- Spok pc/psap: This 9-1-1 call center solution lets military bases handle 9-1-1 calls made from the base as well as from off-base housing. This system speeds dispatching and response to
9-1-1 calls through intuitive functionality for call handling, integration with mapping systems, and the ability to record all 9-1-1 calls.
- Spok Call Recording: This call center recording and quality management tool enables bases to record all calls going in and out of their contact center to improve service for internal and external callers. It is invaluable for training operators on particular skills as well as having a repository to store all call recordings where they can be reviewed and used for security, legal, and compliance requirements.
- Spok IP Phone Tracking Gateway: This solution empowers organizations to keep track of the current location for VoIP phones, soft phones, and any other authorized VoIP telephony devices. This is important in a wired VoIP environment because users can move their phones, or they can log on to another IP phone with their phone number and credentials, making it difficult to find them should they dial 9-1-1 and cannot speak.
To qualify for IOC and IA approval, Spok completed rigorous federal government testing and compliance processes under real-life conditions. Part of this testing is an evaluation of security through an assessment of potential vulnerabilities. According to JITC, their system tests national security and IT systems to show they have the ability to provide and accept data, information, materials and services; including both the technical exchange of information and the end-to-end operational effectiveness of that exchange. JITC serves the Defense Information Systems Agency, combatant commands, the Department of Defense and other federal agencies, allies, coalition partners and commercial vendors.
In addition to the three newest certifications, several other Spok solutions have received IA/IOC certification:
- Spok Smart Console operator console with computer-telephony integration (CTI), including Oracle(R) Fast Start Failover database capabilities for redundancy in emergencies
- Spok Smart Web online directory and on-call scheduling
- Spok Smart Speech voice-based directory and morale calls
- Spok e.Notify incident management communications
Spok, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Spok Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: SPOK), headquartered in Springfield, Va., is proud to be a leader in critical communications for healthcare, government, public safety, and other industries. We deliver smart, reliable solutions to help protect the health, well-being, and safety of people around the globe. More than 125,000 organizations worldwide rely on Spok for workflow improvement, secure texting, paging services, contact center optimization, and public safety response. When communications matter, Spok delivers. Visit us at spok.com or find us on Twitter @Spoktweets.
Spok is a trademark of Spok Holdings. Oracle is a trademark of Oracle Corporation.
Sorry. No data so far.