Brand New Sam’s Club to Open in Papillion this Thursday
Sam’s Club will open its Papillion club at 9851 S. 71st Plaza following an 8 a.m. Grand Opening ceremony Thursday, September 25. The membership warehouse club that brought 180 new jobs to the community will give residents and small business owners the opportunity to access incredible savings on quality merchandise, including products made in Nebraska.
“We are excited to bring this brand new club to Papillion,” said Club Manager Jeremy McDowell. “We are extremely grateful for the warm welcome we’ve received so far, and we look forward to being a part of the community for years to come.”
The Sam’s Club team in Papillion selected several local organizations to receive $23,000 in community giving grants. In the last fiscal year, Sam’s Club, and parent company Walmart, gave more than $11 million to non-profits in the state of Nebraska. The following local organizations will be presented checks prior to Thursday’s grand opening:
- Papillion Town and Country Humane Society
- Bellevue Community Foundation
- La Vista Community Foundation
- Baright Public Library
- First Sergeants Organization
- Midlands Community Foundation
- Offutt Air Force Base
- Sarpy County Safety Program
Grand Opening ceremony features local officials, special events
Mayor David Black and Sarpy County Chamber Representative Karen Gibler will be among those in attendance at Thursday’s Grand Opening ceremony. Students from the Papillion La-Vista South NJROTC Color Guard will present colors and Ardente Voce will perform the National Anthem at the grand opening.
As part of the grand opening weekend celebration, Sam’s Club will be hosting unique events, including an extreme pumpkin carver looking to set a Guinness World Record. Tom Nardone will be attempting to carve the most pumpkins ever carved in one hour on Saturday, September 27 at 11 a.m. in the club parking lot.
The club opens just in time for Papillion residents to stock up on food and gear for their Husker Homecoming game tailgates and viewing parties.
In that Big Red spirit, the club is bringing in former Husker athletes for autograph signing events, including:
- Tommie Frazier will be in the club September 26 from 3 – 5 p.m. A former Husker quarterback, Frazier is best known for leading the Huskers to back-to-back national championships in 1994 and 1995.
- Eric Crouch will be in the club September 27 from 3 – 5 p.m. In 2001, as the quarterback for the Huskers, Crouch broke school and/or NCAA records almost weekly, and ultimately won the Heisman Trophy.
Sam’s Club will also be featuring a variety of food samples and product demonstrations. Special showcase events including JB’s Fat Boy BBQ rubs and spices out of Lincoln. Members will find incredible savings on merchandise, like:
- Pork Loin Back Ribs for $2.98/lb
- A 12″ Caramel Apple Pie for $7.98
- An HP 15.6″ Notebook for $299
A number of health and wellness services will also be available including:
- Free health screenings will be offered for both members and the public monthly. Grand opening screenings will assess cholesterol, blood pressure, vision, hearing and a variety of other wellness areas, and will run September 25 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., and September 26 and 27 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- The Sam’s Club Pharmacy, which is open to the public, features many $4 and $10 generic prescriptions.
- The Optical Center offers $40 off one additional pair of regularly priced prescription eyeglasses with the purchase of a complete pair of eyeglasses at regular price.
- The Hearing Aid Center features premium technology in hearing aids and personal listening devices.
A Sam’s Club membership is an investment that more than pays for itself. Whether buying for a household or a business, a Sam’s Club member can access exclusive savings on merchandise and outstanding benefits. With early shopping hours, and additional discounts on pharmacy and optical services, Sam’s Plus memberships offer even more with additional great benefits. Sam’s Plus memberships are $100 annually. Sam’s Savings memberships and Sam’s Business memberships are $45 annually. Special savings for college students and military families are also available. For more information, visit SamsClub.com/membership.
Residents who are not yet members are encouraged to take advantage of a free One-Day Pass to learn why Life is Better in The Club. Passes are available on our website.
About Sam’s Club
Sam’s Club(R), a division of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE:WMT) , is a leading membership warehouse club offering superior products, savings and services to millions of members in 636 clubs in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. To learn more about Sam’s Club, visit the Sam’s Club Newsroom, shop at SamsClub.com, and interact with Sam’s Club on Twitter and Facebook.
*Sam’s Club(R) Advertised Merchandise Policy
It is our firm intention to have every advertised item in stock. Occasionally, however, an advertised item may not be available for purchase due to unforeseen difficulties. We reserve the right to limit quantities to normal retail purchases or one-per-member or household, and to exclude resellers. We have done our best to ensure all information in this piece is accurate and up to-date. Errors and omissions occasionally occur and are subject to correction. Pricing and item availability may vary by location and in Alaska, Hawaii, Oklahoma, Puerto Rico, Wisconsin and on SamsClub.com. Pricing and items are valid at your 9851 S. 71st Plaza, Papillion, Neb. club and are good September 25-28, 2014. (c)Copyright 2014 Sam’s Club. All rights reserved.
Sorry. No data so far.