Aerohive Networks Simplifies Onboarding and Management of Personal and BYO Devices in the Enterprise
Aerohive Networks(R) (NYSE:HIVE) , a leader in controller-less Wi-Fi and cloud-managed mobile networking for the enterprise market, today announced that it is launching a new version of ID Manager, its enterprise guest and personal device access management system. The added functionality simplifies mobile device management on the network by providing self-service device onboarding as part of the Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) and Bring Your Own Technology (BYOT) trends, further reducing operational cost and complexity.
- Today, enterprises are embracing BYOD more than ever with 65 percent of employees citing their smartphones as their most relied-upon device. As a result, companies need to accommodate the influx of mobile devices while still retaining management, control and visibility of the network, as well as the myriad of applications, security risks and compliance requirements they are subject to.
- Aerohive’s ID Manager is the first enterprise access management system to leverage the cloud to simplify and automate the deployment and management of personal device access for employees and guests. ID Manager uses Aerohive’s Cloud Services Platform to eliminate the need for additional hardware or software to deliver a simple-to-administer management solution that streamlines the onboarding of BYO devices and visitors, without breaking the budget or requiring the expertise of IT staff.
- In an effort to further ease the burden of onboarding personal devices, Aerohive today delivered new features for ID Manager. With these new features, Aerohive takes managed, highly secure guest and personal device access to the next level by providing simple, self-service onboarding for these devices within the enterprise, while providing IT administrators complete application visibility and granular control of exactly what is happening on the network from every device.
- With Aerohive’s ID Manager, users can request a unique key to access the network from any device. Aerohive’s Private Pre-Shared Key (PPSK) technology enables complete, individualized management and control without the hassle of certificates or specialized client configuration. Once the devices are securely connected to the network, Aerohive’s Application Visibility and Control (AVC) can be used to ensure devices are productive and do not negatively impact business-critical access.
- Aerohive’s AVC provides IT visibility and granular control over mobile applications, including enabling advanced collaboration and productivity with Microsoft Lync support. Since Lync is such a flexible application for mobile devices, Aerohive AVC gives control back to the enterprise by using deep-packet inspection to granularly control and limit services within Lync such as audio, video conferencing and file sharing.
- Aerohive’s Bonjour Gateway enables productivity in the enterprise by ensuring devices can access Zero-Configuration services such as Apple AirPrint and AirPlay. In HiveOS(R) and HiveManager(R) 6.2, Bonjour Gateway updates provide even more scalability for large enterprises with stateless advertisements and discovery support.
- ID Manager meets IT’s desire to provide employees and guests with a self-service portal in which an employee can authenticate with their corporate credentials, while being presented with guest types defined by IT. Based on available guest types, the chosen credential can provide advanced security, application-level policy setting and privacy controls for all connected mobile devices without the hassle of certificates or specialized client configuration. In addition, Aerohive’s AVC can be used to ensure the integrity of sensitive corporate resources is protected.
- This launch also includes an ID Manager iOS application that empowers employees to use their iPhones to request credentials for guests and their own personal use.
- New ID Manager APIs enable Aerohive customers to integrate ID Manager into their business processes and enhance a variety of end user workflows that would benefit from credential management. Use cases include being able to integrate with CRM and other customer systems to automatically generate guest credentials for visitors and universities integrating APIs into their student applications so students can create device credentials for themselves and visiting parents.
- ID Manager
- ID Manager Data Sheet
- HiveManager 6.2 Datasheet
- HiveOS 6.2 Network Operating System Routing Features
- HiveOS 6.2 Network Operating System Wi-Fi Features
- HiveOS 6.2 Network Operating System Switching Features Datasheet
Pricing and Availability
- ID Manager is available in tiers based on concurrent users, starting at $500 US list price. These new features are free to all existing ID Manager customers and will be available later this month.
- Application Visibility and Control and Bonjour Gateway are free in HiveOS/HiveManager 6.2.
“In a world in which the majority of employees cite their mobile phone as their most relied-upon device, secure and managed access for that device is critical to assure productivity and increase employee satisfaction,” said Abby Strong, Director of Product Marketing, Aerohive Networks. “Our ID Manager application provides managed, highly secure guest and personal device access with individualized management and control without the hassle of certificates or specialized client configuration. The new features we’ve added, including an iOS app and new APIs, are a recognition of the evolving nature of enterprise and employee mobility.”
“Companies have shifted their strategies to embrace the mobile mind-shift of their employees and customers, and are using personal device access to enhance user experience,” said Zeus Kerravala, principal analyst, ZK Research. “This requires simplified onboarding and access to the network, real-time application control and visibility to facilitate access to mobility applications, and a mobile-centric network focused on productivity.”
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive (NYSE:HIVE) unleashes the power of enterprise mobility. Aerohive’s technology enables organizations of all sizes to use mobility to increase productivity, engage customers and grow their business. Deployed in over 16,000 customers worldwide, Aerohive’s proprietary mobility platform takes advantage of the cloud and a distributed architecture to deliver scalable, simplified, secure and cost-effective networks. Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif. For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog, join our community or become a fan on our Facebook page.
“Aerohive,” “HiveManager” and “HiveOS” are registered trademarks of Aerohive Networks, Inc. All product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
Sorry. No data so far.