Barnes & Noble Celebrates PreK-12 Teachers & Administrators During Educator Appreciation Days, October 11-19
Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE:BKS) , the nation’s largest retail bookseller and the leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products, will celebrate Fall Educator Appreciation Days, October 11-19. As public, private and homeschool educators embark on the new year of educating and inspiring students, Barnes & Noble stores nationwide and Barnes & Noble.com (www.bn.com) will offer special discounts*, promotions and giveaways for preK-12 educators and administrators.
Barnes & Noble’s Educator Appreciation Days recognize educators and provides them with an opportunity to explore, learn and save. This October’s offerings are the best ever for educators:
- 25% discount on personal and classroom book purchases, including Children’s and Teen titles and educational toys and games;
- 25% discount on music, movies, tech gear and more;
- 10% off the current price of the Samsung Galaxy Tab(R) 4 NOOK(R) and NOOK GlowLightTM (limit of five devices per customer with the presentation of a valid Barnes & Noble Educator Discount Card);
- 10% discount on all Caf’e consumables purchases;
- A $1,000 shopping spree sponsored by NOOK(R). The grand prize winner will receive a $1,000 Barnes & Noble Gift Card, while three runners up will be able to choose a Samsung NOOK or a NOOK GlowLight. To enter, educators can simply visit a local Barnes & Noble store October 11-19, approach the NOOK Boutique(R) and look for the specially-created Educator Week Sweeps NOOK AppTM on the Samsung NOOK devices displayed.
- A regional sweepstakes drawing for a $500 Barnes & Noble Gift Card and a NOOK GlowLight. One educator per region (five total) is eligible; educators can ask a bookseller for details on how to enter at their local store.
- Other local prizes and giveaways, such as gift cards, books, posters, educator guides, sticker sheets, activity kits, tote bags and more.
These special offers are available to PreK-12 teachers and administrators enrolled in the free Barnes & Noble Educator Discount program. To take advantage of these offers, educators can apply for the Barnes & Noble Educator Discount Card in their local store. The application form is available in stores or can be downloaded at BN.com.
As part of Educator Appreciation Days, all Barnes & Noble stores will host free workshops** and educator receptions. Educators will have the opportunity to explore the breadth of Barnes & Noble product offerings, discover creative ways to incorporate them into classrooms, and learn about the many programs and services Barnes & Noble offers schools and educators. Educator Appreciation Days events may focus on a variety of topics, including Barnes & Noble bookfairs, using the Samsung NOOK in classrooms, incorporating educational toys and games into learning, grant writing books and tools, information about new children’s titles and award-winning books, new titles teachers may add to their yearly reading lists, and what’s new in test and college prep materials for the school year. Many stores will also host events with local authors and featured speakers on trending topics in education during the week. Educators will have the opportunity to meet with authors to learn more about their approach to writing and discover great new books. Workshops and educator receptions will vary by store; educators are encouraged to contact their local Barnes & Noble store for details.
“Barnes & Noble is committed to celebrating educators in the communities we serve,” said Sarah DiFrancesco, Vice President, Business Development, Barnes & Noble, Inc. “We think it is important to recognize the hard work and dedication of our local teachers and administrators. Often times, many of our educators spend their own money to purchase books and materials for their classrooms. That’s why we offer these special Educator Appreciation Days three times a year to honor our communities’ most valuable resources-our teachers.”
Additionally, educators who visit stores during Educator Appreciation Days will receive information about Barnes & Noble’s 2015 My Favorite Teacher Contest, which provides middle and high school students the opportunity to tell their communities how much they appreciate their teachers by writing an essay, poem or letter about them. Local winning teachers are recognized at an in-store event in the spring and are eligible to win prizes at the regional level. One regional winner will be named the Barnes & Noble National Teacher of the Year and receive a cash prize of $5,000, with their school also receiving $5,000. The My Favorite Teacher Contest runs from September 8, 2014, to March 1, 2015.
Educators can follow Barnes & Noble on Twitter, Instagram, and Tumblr, and like Barnes & Noble on Facebook, for the latest information about upcoming events and promotions. Fans can follow NOOK on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter to learn more about special offers and promotions.
* Exclusions can be found in the Educator Program Terms and Conditions available at www.bn.com/bn-at-school. Educators must present a valid Barnes & Noble Educator Discount Card to receive the discounts. See any bookseller for details.
** Workshop and event topics will vary by store.
About Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE:BKS) is a Fortune 500 company, the nation’s largest retail bookseller and the leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products. The Company operates 658 Barnes & Noble bookstores in 50 states, and one of the Web’s largest e-commerce sites, BN.com (www.bn.com). Its NOOK Media LLC subsidiary is a leader in the emerging digital reading and digital education markets. The NOOK digital business offers award-winning NOOK(R) products and an expansive collection of digital reading and entertainment content through the NOOK Store(R) (www.nook.com), while Barnes & Noble College Booksellers LLC operates 705 bookstores serving over five million students and faculty members at colleges and universities across the United States. General information on Barnes & Noble, Inc. can be obtained by visiting the Company’s corporate website: www.barnesandnobleinc.com.
Barnes & Noble(R), Barnes & Noble Booksellers(R) and Barnes & Noble.com(R) are trademarks of Barnes & Noble, Inc. or its affiliates.
For more information on Barnes & Noble, follow us on https://twitter.com/BNBuzz, http://instagram.com/barnesandnoble and http://thebarnesandnoble.tumblr.com, and like us on https://www.facebook.com/barnesandnoble.
Sorry. No data so far.