INVESTOR ALERT: Class Action Lawsuit Against AcelRx Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Filed By Glancy Binkow & Goldberg LLP
Glancy Binkow & Goldberg LLP, representing investors of AcelRx Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (“AcelRx” or the “Company”) (NASDAQ:ACRX) , has filed a class action lawsuit in the United States District Court for the Northern District of California on behalf of a class (the “Class”) comprising those who purchased or otherwise acquired AcelRx’s common stock and/or call options, or sold/wrote AcelRx’s put options between December 2, 2013 and September 25, 2014 inclusive (the “Class Period”).
Please contact Casey Sadler or Lesley Portnoy at (310) 201-9150 or (888) 773-9224, or at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this matter. If you inquire by email, please include your mailing address, telephone number and number of shares purchased.
AcelRx is a specialty pharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of innovative therapies for the treatment of acute and breakthrough pain. The Company plans to commercialize its product candidates in the United States and license the development and commercialization rights to its product candidates for sale outside of the United States through strategic partnerships and collaborations. One such product is Zalviso, which consists of sufentanil tablets delivered by the Zalviso System, a needle-free, handheld, patient-administered, pain management system (collectively, “Zalviso”).
The Complaint alleges that defendants made false and/or misleading statements and/or failed to disclose during the Class Period: (1) that the Instructions for Use (IFU) for Zalviso were not designed to adequately address the risk of the inadvertent misplacement of tablets; (2) that the Company had not submitted to the FDA sufficient data to support the shelf life of the product; and (3) that, as a result of the foregoing, Defendants’ statements about Zalviso, including the drug’s regulatory approval and financial prospects, were materially false and misleading at all relevant times and/or lacked a reasonable basis.
On July 25, 2014, after the market closed, AcelRx announced that it had received a Complete Response Letter (“CRL”) from the FDA regarding its New Drug Application for Zalviso. According to the Company, the FDA requested additional information on the Zalviso System to ensure proper use of the device, including changes to the Instructions for Use for the device and additional data to support the shelf life of the product. On this news, shares of AcelRx declined $4.44 per share, nearly 41%, to close on July 28, 2014, at $6.39 per share, on unusually heavy volume.
On September 26, 2014, AcelRx revealed that the resubmission process for its Zalviso NDA would not be complete until the first quarter of 2015 at the earliest. According to the Company, the FDA also communicated that the planned resubmission will qualify as a Class 2 resubmission with a review period of six months. On this news, shares of AcelRx declined $1.31 per share, over 19%, to close on September 26, 2014, at $5.41 per share, on unusually heavy volume.
If you are a member of the Class described above, you may move the Court no later than sixty (60) days from the date of this Notice, to serve as lead plaintiff, if you meet certain legal requirements. To be a member of the Class you need not take any action at this time; you may retain counsel of your choice or take no action and remain an absent member of the Class. If you wish to learn more about this action, or if you have any questions concerning this announcement or your rights or interests with respect to these matters, please contact Casey Sadler, Esquire, or Lesley Portnoy, Esquire, of Glancy Binkow & Goldberg LLP, 1925 Century Park East, Suite 2100, Los Angeles, California 90067, at (310) 201-9150 or (888) 773-9224, by e-mail to email@example.com, or visit our website at http://www.glancylaw.com. If you inquire by email, please include your mailing address, telephone number and number of shares purchased.
This press release may be considered Attorney Advertising in some jurisdictions under the applicable law and ethical rules.
- Stocks close out worst week since June 2 views
- US stocks rise as signs of prolonged stimulus emerge 1 view
- Retail sales lift Canadian dollar 1 view
- Can FOMC Minutes Boost Struggling Greenback? 1 view
- Hyatt Regency Dubai Creek Heights Officially Opens 1 view
- Strong Eurozone Industrial Output Reported 1 view
- BIND Therapeutics Appoints Hagop Youssoufian, M.Sc., M.D. as Chief Medical Officer 1 view
- Euro area inflation rebounds from 4-year low 1 view
- North American Pair Falls on Income Data 1 view
- Yen Gains Traction after Weak US Data 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Stocks close out worst week since June 2 views
- Austrian Consumer Confidence Remains Low 1 view
- Christopher Brody to Step down From Intuit Board of Directors; Richard Dalzell Nominated 1 view
- Stocks flat, US Dollar declines following FOMC minutes 1 view
- FOREX Watch: Pound sterling soars as unemployment drops to 7.7 percent 1 view
- Outlook on the US dollar ahead of FOMC minutes, key data 1 view
- Brazilian Current Account Widens Further 1 view
- Improvement In South African Retail Sales 1 view
- UK housing construction grows at fastest pace in nearly a decade: Markit 1 view
- Strong PMI Data Fails Ignite the Euro 1 view