The Jimmy Dean(R) Brand Sun Character Shines from Coast to Coast Creating the “Sunniest Day of the Year”
The makers of Jimmy Dean(R) products announced today the launch of the “Sunniest Day of the Year,” a daylong activation designed to bring brightness to consumers while shining attention on the new Jimmy Dean lunch and dinner offerings. The iconic Jimmy Dean brand Sun character (“the Sun”) will embark on a one day journey today across the U.S., where he will surprise and delight consumers along the way and document every step of his adventure across digital and social media. In addition to the robust digital content, the “Sunniest Day of the Year” also includes a national television advertising integration with a guest appearance by the Sun, the launch of a custom microsite (www.sunniestday.com) to track the cross-country journey and a national consumer sweepstakes.
“While summer may be long gone and the hours of daylight decreasing, the ‘Sunniest Day of the Year’ leverages the brand’s association with the Sun to engage with consumers in a unique, fun and unexpected way,” said Rachel Friedstat, brand manager, Jimmy Dean brand. “In the same way the sun shines long beyond the morning hours, the ‘Sunniest Day of the Year’ activation reinforces that the Jimmy Dean brand no longer only makes breakfast products, but now has offerings for lunch, dinner or snack time.”
Following the solar path across the U.S., the Sun will begin his adventure today at sunrise on the East Coast at 6:58 am EDT, making various stops in cities across the U.S. before ending his day at sunset on the West Coast at 6:30 pm PDT. In his mission to brighten consumers’ days in unexpected ways, the cross-country journey will also include a national television appearance on the Daytime Emmy award-winning game show, “The Price is Right,” network television’s #1-rated Daytime series and longest-running game show, which airs on CBS Weekdays 11a-12p ET/10a-11aPT.
Further delivering bits of brightness following the daylong activation, consumers are invited to visit the brand’s Facebook page beginning on Oct. 7 and enter for their chance to win prizes.
In his excitement to spread the news about the new Jimmy Dean lunch and dinner offerings with everyone he meets, the Sun will share entertaining photos and videos captured during his whimsical journey across the Jimmy Dean branded social media channels – showing consumers what he’s doing, who he’s meeting and, of course, what he’s eating. Consumers can follow the entire adventure in real time at www.sunniestday.com and also join in on the journey via Facebook (Facebook.com/JimmyDean), Twitter (@jimmydean), Instagram (@jimmydean) and Vine (vine.co/officialjimmydean) using #FollowTheSun. The Sun’s itinerary for the “Sunniest Day of the Year” will include:
- Morning From the Sun: As the sun rises on the East Coast, the Sun gets himself ready for his big day ahead, inviting consumers to follow him on his journey as he spreads the news about the new Jimmy Dean lunch and dinner offerings.
- CheeseheadTM Dreams: The Sun finds himself in the land of the CheeseheadTM, where the delicious new Jimmy Dean Smoked Bacon Mac & Cheese Bowl has inspired him to dream big, really big.
- Baggage Claim: While passing through the Midwest, the Sun surprises weary and hungry passengers at a baggage claim with Delights by Jimmy Dean Smoked Ham Sandwiches.
- Slow-Roast Shuffle: While in Texas, the Sun teaches his friends some lunch-inspired western line dance moves.
- Parking Meters: Making his way west, the Sun brightens people’s days, even if it gets him in a little hot water.
- Set with the Sun: The Sun ends his day on a beautiful beach in Los Angeles, where he reflects on sharing the news about the new lunch and dinner offerings before he sets for the evening.
For more information about Jimmy Dean brand products including the new line of lunch and dinner offerings, visit www.jimmydean.com.
About The Jimmy Dean Brand
The Jimmy Dean brand is America’s favorite protein breakfast brand*. Since 1969, the brand has ensured quality in every plate, providing warm, satisfying breakfast options the whole family can enjoy. In 2014, the Jimmy Dean brand expanded beyond breakfast with the launch of a full line of lunch and dinner offerings featuring sandwiches and bowls, including eight Delights items containing 300 calories or less. The new lunch and dinner offerings join the brand’s robust product portfolio which includes Fresh Roll Breakfast Sausage, Fresh Links & Patties, Fully Cooked Sausage Links & Patties, Omelets, Skillets, Sandwiches, Breakfast Bowls, Heat ‘N Serve Sausage Links & Patties, and Pancakes & Sausage on a Stick. Whether it’s breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack time, the Jimmy Dean brand offers families a variety of products that boast full flavors and top quality ingredients guaranteed to make any meal the best.
About Tyson Foods, Inc.
Tyson Foods, Inc. (NYSE:TSN) , with headquarters in Springdale, Arkansas, is one of the world’s largest producers of chicken, beef, pork and prepared foods that include leading brands such as Tyson(R), Jimmy Dean(R), Hillshire Farm(R), Sara Lee(R), Ball Park(R), Wright(R), Aidells(R) and State Fair(R). The company was founded in 1935 by John W. Tyson, whose family has continued to lead the business with his son, Don Tyson, guiding the company for many years and grandson, John H. Tyson, serving as the current chairman of the board of directors. Tyson Foods provides a wide variety of protein-based and prepared foods products and is the recognized market leader in the retail and foodservice markets it serves, supplying customers throughout the United States and approximately 130 countries. It has approximately 124,000 Team Members employed at more than 400 facilities and offices in the United States and around the world. Through its Core Values, Code of Conduct and Team Member Bill of Rights, Tyson Foods strives to operate with integrity and trust and is committed to creating value for its shareholders, customers and Team Members. The company also strives to be faith-friendly, provide a safe work environment and serve as stewards of the animals, land and environment entrusted to it.
*Share of Frozen Protein Breakfast, data per IRI Multi-Outlet52 weeks ending September 14, 2014
- Wall Street Webcasting Presents: Wells Fargo Securities: Geopolitical Tensions Cool Down But Growth Concerns in Europe Heat Up 2 views
- US Service Economy Expands at Fastest Pace since September: Markit 1 view
- Euro on the Defensive Ahead of ECB Rate Decision 1 view
- Health Net Gives $50,000 to Help Train Community Clinic Enrollers in Los Angeles County 1 view
- Fed decision lifts stocks 1 view
- Radian Boosts Secure Homeownership with Job Loss Protection Insurance 1 view
- US manufacturing output strengthens, total output falls 1 view
- Sarah Stewart, Bassfield, Miss., Branch Service Leader, Receives Regions Bank’s Top Associate Honor 1 view
- Symetra Financial Corporation Names Mark Hunt Executive Vice President and Chief Investment Officer 1 view
- Tame Inflation Should Ease the Greenback 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Stocks tread water amid strong housing data 1 view
- Brazil’s Trade Balance Now In Deficit 1 view
- Quarterly Tankan survey shows challenges ahead for Japan 1 view
- Avnet’s Steve Phillips Inducted into CIO Magazine’s CIO Hall of Fame 1 view
- DAX Hits All-time High; RSI is Overbought 1 view
- Greek Retail Sales Show Improvement 1 view
- Portugal Trade Deficit Widens 1 view
- Teva CEO Rumors Surface, Shares Higher 1 view
- Phillips 66 Partners Revises Timing of Conference Call Webcast on First-Quarter Financial Results 1 view