Compugen Immune Checkpoint Results Being Presented at Three Scientific Conferences
Compugen Ltd. (NASDAQ: CGEN) today announced that certain aspects of its predictive approach to therapeutics discovery as applied to novel immune checkpoints will be presented in poster sessions at three leading scientific conferences this month and next. The presentations also include experimental results from some of the immune checkpoint based product candidate programs addressing cancer immunotherapy and autoimmune diseases now being pursued by the Company:
- At the Cancer Research Institute’s 22nd Annual International Cancer Immunotherapy Symposium, being held on October 6-8, 2014 in New York City, Ilan Vaknin, PhD, Senior Scientist, Immunology Research and Discovery at Compugen, will present the predictive discovery of novel immune checkpoint targets for cancer immunotherapy. Certain validation data relating to CGEN-15049 and CGEN-15052, two of the eleven novel B7/CD28-like immune checkpoint candidates discovered by Compugen, will be included in the poster presentation.
- At the Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer Annual Meeting, to be held November 6-9, 2014, in National Harbor, MD, Galit Rotman, PhD, Chief Scientist, Therapeutics at Compugen, will also present the predictive discovery of novel immune checkpoint targets for cancer immunotherapy. Dr. Rotman’s presentation will include certain validation data relating to selected B7/CD28-like immune checkpoint candidates discovered by the Company.
- At the American College of Rheumatology Annual Meeting 2014, to be held on November 14-19, 2014, in Boston, Iris Hecht, PhD, Principal Scientist at Compugen, will present results for CGEN-15001 for the potential treatment of autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis and type 1 diabetes. CGEN-15001 is a novel Fc fusion protein drug candidate based on one of the eleven Compugen-discovered B7/CD28-like immune checkpoint candidates.
Compugen is a leading drug discovery company focused on therapeutic proteins and monoclonal antibodies to address important unmet needs in the fields of immunology and oncology. The Company utilizes a broad and continuously growing integrated infrastructure of proprietary scientific understandings and predictive platforms, algorithms, machine learning systems and other computational biology capabilities for the in silico (by computer) prediction and selection of product candidates, which are then advanced in its Pipeline Program. The Company’s business model includes collaborations covering the further development and commercialization of product candidates at various stages from its Pipeline Program and various forms of research and discovery agreements, in both cases providing Compugen with potential milestone payments and royalties on product sales or other forms of revenue sharing. Compugen’s wholly-owned U.S. subsidiary located in South San Francisco is developing monoclonal antibody therapeutic candidates against its novel drug targets. For additional information, please visit Compugen’s corporate website at www.cgen.com.
Forward Looking Statement
This press release contains “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements can be identified by the use of terminology such as “will,” “may,” “expects,” “anticipates,” “believes,” and “intends,” and describe opinions about future events. These forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties that may cause the actual results, performance or achievements of Compugen to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Some of these and other factors are discussed in the “Risk Factors” section of Compugen’s most recent Annual Report on Form 20-F as filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission as well as other documents that may be subsequently filed by Compugen from time to time with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In addition, any forward-looking statements represent Compugen’s views only as of the date of this release and should not be relied upon as representing its views as of any subsequent date. Compugen does not assume any obligation to update any forward-looking statements unless required by law.
- ABG and WWE(R) Launch TapoutTM Joint Venture 2 views
- European Session – Dollar recovers post-Fed losses, Swiss franc firm after SNB 1 view
- Dollar Weakens as Sentiment Improves 1 view
- Crude Oil Hits Contracts Highs Driving Up Energy Shares 1 view
- Western Union Offers Apple PayTM as New Pay-In Option for Money Transfer Customers 1 view
- Germany Sentiment Lowers 1 view
- Strong Data Lifts Sterling but Resistance Holds 1 view
- Spanish Retail Sales Numbers Improve 1 view
- Rise in German Inflation Figures 1 view
- German Inflation Drops Further 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- ABG and WWE(R) Launch TapoutTM Joint Venture 2 views
- Christopher Brody to Step down From Intuit Board of Directors; Richard Dalzell Nominated 1 view
- Finnish Economy Still Struggles 1 view
- JPY weaker on BoP, SEK inflation in focus 1 view
- US Wholesale Inventories Rise Only 0.1 Percent in July 1 view
- General Motors Hits the Gas 1 view
- Moderation In US Inflation 1 view
- Lululemon Swings on CEO Shakeup 1 view
- Poland’s Inflation Remains Subdued 1 view
- Tame Inflation Should Ease the Greenback 1 view