Bank of America Has Changed the Game With Preferred Rewards
Preferred Rewards, a groundbreaking program that recognizes and rewards clients for choosing Bank of America for more of their banking and Merrill Edge(R) for their investment needs, is now available for clients nationwide. Availability of the program in New York, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, New Jersey, Delaware, Virginia, Washington, D.C. and Maryland marks the completion of the final wave of the four-wave rollout that began in June.
“Preferred Rewards is the first program of its kind to offer clients benefits and rewards for everyday banking,” said Dean Athanasia, president of Preferred and Small Business Banking and co-head of Consumer Banking at Bank of America. “It is the result of deep client research to develop and deliver a simple program that provides clients benefits and rewards they will actually use, and shows them how much we appreciate it when they choose to do more business with us.”
Clients with a Bank of America personal checking account and a three-month average combined balance as low as $20,000 across their checking, savings and/or Merrill Edge investment accounts can enroll. And, as clients’ combined balances grow, so do their benefits and rewards. With a three-tier structure – Gold, Platinum and Platinum Honors – clients have additional opportunities to earn, save and get more back based on their tier, including:
- Twenty-five to 75 percent Rewards bonus: Bonus rewards – points or cash back – on eligible Bank of America credit cards.
- Priority service: Access to a dedicated team of specialists available to handle all our Preferred clients’ banking and service needs.
- Five to 20 percent Extra interest: Higher interest rates on Rewards Money Market Savings accounts.
- $0 equity and ETF trades*: For clients with a Merrill Edge online investment account (30 per month for Platinum and 100 per month for Platinum Honors).
- Home equity interest rate discount: Interest rate reductions for home equity loans or lines of credit.
- Mortgage relationship credit: A relationship credit – $200 for Gold, $400 for Platinum and $600 for Platinum Honors – on a mortgage purchase or refinancing of a loan.
- No fees on select everyday banking services: Fees waived for services standard check orders, cashier’s checks and stop payments.
There is no fee to enroll in the Preferred Rewards program for qualified Bank of America clients. Once clients begin receiving benefits, their three-month average balance will be reviewed monthly for the opportunity to achieve additional benefits. The program was created to bring more benefits to Bank of America clients who do more business with the bank.
“The lower qualifying balance for Preferred Rewards than Platinum Privileges means more of our clients are able to participate in the program and earn greater rewards,” said Aron Levine, head of Preferred Banking and Merrill Edge Investing at Bank of America. “The rewards are broader and reach across the bank, so more clients can experience all that Bank of America has to offer through one simple program.”
Clients who are currently enrolled in Bank of America’s Platinum Privileges program are encouraged to enroll in Preferred Rewards at http://bankofamerica.com/preferredrewardsnews. Once they enroll in Preferred Rewards, their new benefits will replace existing Platinum Privileges benefits.
Bank of America Preferred Banking
Bank of America Preferred Banking, which launched in 2012, has added more than 2,100 specialists in more than 1,500 banking branches to work on the Preferred Rewards program. Specialists act as one team within banking centers to proactively reach out and offer advice and solutions to clients regarding the Preferred Rewards program. Preferred Banking was created to provide clients with access to all of their Bank of America banking and Merrill Edge investing information in one place, transfer funds among those accounts and receive guidance when they need it.
Bank of America
Bank of America is one of the world’s leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small businesses, middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services. The company provides unmatched convenience in the United States, serving approximately 49 million consumer and small business relationships with approximately 5,000 retail banking offices and approximately 16,000 ATMs and award-winning online banking with 30 million active users and more than 15 million mobile users. Bank of America is among the world’s leading wealth management companies and is a global leader in corporate and investment banking and trading across a broad range of asset classes, serving corporations, governments, institutions and individuals around the world. Bank of America offers industry-leading support to approximately 3 million small business owners through a suite of innovative, easy-to-use online products and services. The company serves clients through operations in more than 40 countries. Bank of America Corporation stock (NYSE:BAC) is listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
Visit the Bank of America newsroom for more Bank of America news.
Banking products are provided by Bank of America, N.A., and affiliated banks, Members FDIC and wholly owned subsidiaries of Bank of America Corporation.
Merrill Edge(R) is available through Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated (MLPF&S), and consists of the Merrill Edge Advisory Center (investment guidance) and self-directed online investing.
MLPF&S is a registered broker-dealer, Member SIPC and wholly owned subsidiary of Bank of America Corporation.
|Are Not FDIC Insured||Are Not Bank Guaranteed||May Lose Value|
*$0 trades are only available with an individual or joint Merrill Edge self-directed brokerage account. MLPF&S waives its commission fee for as many as 30 monthly online equity trades, including stock and exchange traded funds (ETFs) for Platinum Privileges clients. To learn about additional ways to qualify for $0 trades, call 1.888.MER.EDGE (1.888.637.3343) or visit http://www.merilledge.com/pricing.
To determine the 30-trade limit, MLPF&S adds the qualifying trades in your individual accounts and joint accounts. Commission fees apply when qualification requirement is not met, or when you exceed 30 qualifying trades a month. Brokerage fees associated with, but not limited to, margin transactions, option trading, special stock registration/gifting, account transfer and processing, research request and termination apply. See merrilledge.com for details. Standard deposit account fees apply. Relationship requirements and pricing are subject to change.
This offer does not apply to Business/Corporate Accounts, Investment Club Accounts, Partnership Accounts and certain fiduciary accounts held at MLPF&S.
In addition to your stock or ETF commission, there may be an assessment of between $0.01 and $0.03 per $1,000 of principal that is added to sell orders. The Securities and Exchange Commission imposes this assessment on the financial services industry to cover the U.S. Government’s costs of regulating the security markets and security professionals. If applicable, this fee appears under “Transaction Fee” on a Trade Confirmation. There are also fees associated with investing in ETFs. Read the Expenses & Charges sections of the prospectus to find out what they are. Contact us to obtain a prospectus. Sell orders may also be subject to a fractional share liquidation fee of 10% of fractional share proceeds.
(c) 2014 Bank of America Corporation. All rights reserved.
- SanDisk Unveils the World’s Highest Capacity microSDTM Card 3 views
- MUFG Union Bank Names Art Smith Chief Communications and Marketing Officer for the Americas 1 view
- Avolon Delivers a Boeing 737-800 to Aeroflot 1 view
- Teva Presents Data Comparing Early Treatment with COPAXONE(R) 40 mg/mL to Delayed Start Treatment at 67th American Academy of Neurology (AAN) Annual Meeting in Washington, D.C. 1 view
- Imprivata Honored for Excellence in Customer Experience in the Healthcare Technology Industry 1 view
- Citigroup Trading Volumes Hurt 3rd Quarter Profits 1 view
- US Productivity Falls 1 view
- SunCoke Energy, Inc. Begins Executing Contingency Plan to Downsize Coal Mining Business 1 view
- Currency Markets Await Central Bank Decisions; Aussie Breaks Higher 1 view
- Belgium Federal Public Service of Foreign Affairs Relies on Orange Business Services to Secure Mobile Devices for Senior Officials around the World 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- SanDisk Unveils the World’s Highest Capacity microSDTM Card 3 views
- Dollar slumps after Bernanke statement 1 view
- US Wholesale Inventories Rise Only 0.1 Percent in July 1 view
- Metals Break Through Support Driving Mining Stocks Lower 1 view
- European Session – Dollar recovers post-Fed losses, Swiss franc firm after SNB 1 view
- US Factory Orders Rebound in June 1 view
- Western Union Offers Apple PayTM as New Pay-In Option for Money Transfer Customers 1 view
- Christopher Brody to Step down From Intuit Board of Directors; Richard Dalzell Nominated 1 view
- US dollar treading water ahead of service PMI 1 view
- Stocks tread water amid strong housing data 1 view