Mellanox Ethernet Solutions Selected for New HP 64-bit ARM Data Center Platform
Mellanox(R) Technologies, Ltd. (NASDAQ:MLNX) , a leading supplier of high-performance, end-to-end interconnect solutions for data center servers and storage systems, today announced that its ConnectX-3 Pro 10Gb/s Ethernet adapters with RoCE are integrated on the motherboard (LoM) in the new HP ProLiant m400 server cartridge. The HP Moonshot System combines an advanced 64-bit ARM CPU with high performance Mellanox ConnectX-3 Pro 10Gb/s Ethernet adapters to deliver balanced compute, memory and I/O resources in a dense and efficient form factor.
Mellanox 10/40GbE adapters deliver the highest performance and most efficient Ethernet solution available, as well as industry-leading end-to-end latency. Furthermore, ConnectX-3 Pro-based adapters support RDMA over Converged Ethernetv2 (RoCEv2). This advanced Remote Direct Memory Access (RDMA) technology offloads the data transport to free up the CPU to perform data intensive web, cloud and data analytics applications.
“Data center operators and web service providers require a cost-efficient, scalable platform with performance-based interconnects, in order to expand, scale and optimize their services,” said Chuck Tybur, vice president global accounts and America OEM sales at Mellanox Technologies. “Utilizing our ConnectX-3 Pro 10Gb/s Ethernet adapters, the HP ProLiant m400 server cartridge provides highly efficient, scalable application performance while driving down CapEx and OpEx.”
The HP ProLiant m400 server, taking advantage of the advanced message acceleration capabilities of the ConnectX-3 Pro 10Gb/s Ethernet adapter, is ideal for scale-out workloads such as Memcached and distributed web servers, and is optimized for application infrastructure including Canonical Ubuntu LAMP stack, Java, PHP, Perl, and Python.
“Data center operators need to enhance and rapidly scale value-added web-based services to their customers without sacrificing the user experience,” said Gerald Kleyn, director, Platform Engineering, HP. “The HP ProLiant m400 server cartridge with the onboard Mellanox 10GbE adapter is designed to enhance the performance and efficiency of web caching, giving data center operators the ability to generate greater levels of service from a smaller datacenter footprint while driving down operational costs.”
- Connect with HP and Mellanox
- Learn more about Mellanox’s ConnectX-3 Pro
- Follow Mellanox on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Linked-In, and YouTube
- Join the Mellanox Community
Mellanox Technologies is a leading supplier of end-to-end InfiniBand and Ethernet interconnect solutions and services for servers and storage. Mellanox interconnect solutions increase data center efficiency by providing the highest throughput and lowest latency, delivering data faster to applications and unlocking system performance capability. Mellanox offers a choice of fast interconnect products: adapters, switches, software, cables and silicon that accelerate application runtime and maximize business results for a wide range of markets including high performance computing, enterprise data centers, Web 2.0, cloud, storage and financial services. More information is available at www.mellanox.com.
Mellanox and ConnectX are registered trademarks of Mellanox Technologies, Ltd. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
- Stocks close out worst week since June 2 views
- US third quarter GDP beats advance estimate 1 view
- Blackstone Portfolio Company Phoenix Tower International Announces Acquisition of T4U Holding Brasil S.A., Comprising More Than 500 Wireless Towers in Brazil 1 view
- Tech bubble brewing? Analysts are divided 1 view
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees and Accenture Deliver Global Biometric Identity Management System to Aid Displaced Persons 1 view
- Hillary Ebach to become vice president, general counsel for Journal Media Group 1 view
- Stocks Hold Upward Sloping Trend 1 view
- Euro Production Figures Vindicate ECB Decision 1 view
- Aussie Approaches 0.94 US ahead of RBA Meeting Minutes 1 view
- Spain’s PPI Falls Further 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Stocks close out worst week since June 2 views
- Euro area inflation rebounds from 4-year low 1 view
- North American Pair Falls on Income Data 1 view
- Yen Gains Traction after Weak US Data 1 view
- Euro Slides Further Following Weak PMI Report 1 view
- Base Metals Rally, Despite Declines in other Commodities 1 view
- Silver Consolidates After Historic Fall 1 view
- MoSys to Present Scalable SDN/NFV Acceleration Using Bandwidth Engine to Support up to Terabit Networks at the Linley Tech Carrier Conference 2015 1 view
- Outlook on the US dollar ahead of FOMC minutes, key data 1 view
- Christopher Brody to Step down From Intuit Board of Directors; Richard Dalzell Nominated 1 view