Thousands Attend QuickBooks Connect
Last week Intuit welcomed more than 4,000 accounting professionals, small businesses, entrepreneurs and developers to San Jose, CA to garner deeper insights through breakout sessions and connect with each other at the inaugural QuickBooks Connect. Based on the success of this year, Intuit announced that it will host another event in the fall of 2015.
“This is the first time that we’ve brought the entire QuickBooks ecosystem – entrepreneurs, small businesses, accountants and developers – under one roof to connect and grow by learning from each another and a dynamic line-up of speakers,” said Brad Smith, Intuit Inc.’s (Nasdaq:INTU) president and chief executive offer. “QuickBooks Connect was a game-changer for the industry because it showcased how this interdependent ecosystem is united by a common goal, a common dream, and a common determination to achieve small business success.”
A First-of-its-Kind Event
QuickBooks Connect featured a powerful lineup that included Martha Stewart, founder and Chief Creative Officer of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia; Marc Andreessen, cofounder and partner of Silicon Valley venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz; Earvin “Magic” Johnson, chairman and CEO of Magic Johnson Enterprises and NBA legend; Arianna Huffington, chair, president and editor-in-chief of the Huffington Post; and Bill and Giuliana Rancic, entrepreneurs and reality-television celebrities, shared personal stories and provided real advice to help attendees. The talks are now available on demand at www.qbconnectlive.com.
In addition to the main stage activity, the entire conference was an engaging, immersive experience with special activities for every audience:
- Small businesses and entrepreneurs received one-on-one speed mentoring conducted by Lean Startup Productions with top exerts in their field.
- Accounting professionals were able to get QuickBooks Online Advanced ProAdvisor certification exam preparation for the first time ever, and weeks before anyone else.
- Hundreds of developers spent over 36-hours straight competing in a Hackathon for $100,000 in prizes. Method:CRM took home the $55,000 grand prize for its Method:Donor app, while $15k runner prizes went to Payments Cloud by Cloud Conversion, Safety Net by Jobber, and Service Titan.
Notable News from the Show
Intuit also introduced over 100 new product enhancements at QuickBooks Connect. These fell under three big themes:
- Making accounting seem invisible for small businesses because the time-intensive work of keeping the books organized happens automatically every time an invoice is sent, a customer makes a payment or an employee gets paid.
- Launching a new developer experience and app store so developers can create next generation business management solutions with best-in-class developer tools and access a global market of cloud-based small businesses.
- Revolutionizing the way accounting professionals work with their small business clients so that the books are always up-to-date and the accountant-small business relationship can focus on offering business advice and insights.
Mark Calendars for 2015
Intuit confirmed that it would host another event in Fall 2015. More information about the exact date and location will be released in the coming months. To get an overview of the 2014 event, watch http://youtu.be/pbjygojOHX0. To view the keynote presentations, visit www.qbconnectlive.com or www.QuickBooksConnect.com.
About Intuit Inc.
Intuit Inc. creates business and financial management solutions that simplify the business of life for small businesses, consumers and accounting professionals.
Its flagship products and services include QuickBooks(R), Quicken(R) and TurboTax(R), which make it easier to manage small businesses and payroll processing, personal finance, and tax preparation and filing. Mint.com provides a fresh, easy and intelligent way for people to manage their money, while Demandforce(R) offers marketing and communication tools for small businesses. ProSeries(R) and Lacerte(R) are Intuit’s leading tax preparation offerings for professional accountants.
Founded in 1983, Intuit had revenue of $4.5 billion in its fiscal year 2014. The company has approximately 8,000 employees with major offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, India and other locations. More information can be found at www.intuit.com.
- 3 December Forex daily review 1 view
- Stocks flat, US Dollar declines following FOMC minutes 1 view
- Canadian dollar holds ground despite weak retail sales data 1 view
- INVESTOR ALERT: Investigation of 21Vianet Group, Inc. Announced by Glancy Binkow & Goldberg LLP 1 view
- Softness Evident In US Manufacturing 1 view
- Detroit pensioners helped bankrupt the city: report 1 view
- Unilever Acquires Talenti(R) Gelato & Sorbetto 1 view
- Rate Rise In South Africa 1 view
- Data from Three Abstracts Validating Potential of BIND Therapeutics’ AccurinsTM to be Presented at American Association for Cancer Research Annual Meeting 1 view
- Daily Commentary 14/01/2015 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Daily Commentary 20/01/2015 1 view
- US pending home sales decline sharply in October 1 view
- A Widening of the Yield Curve should Help Banks 1 view
- Western Union Offers Apple PayTM as New Pay-In Option for Money Transfer Customers 1 view
- SanDisk Unveils the World’s Highest Capacity microSDTM Card 1 view
- Stocks Hold Steady After Yellen Nominated as Fed Chair 1 view
- A High Impact News Week 1 view
- Canadian Dollar Slips on Weak GDP 1 view
- Dex Media and Yext Sign Agreement to Expand Small Business Internet Marketing Offerings 1 view
- Berry Genomics NextSeq CN500 Instrument and Non-Invasive Prenatal Testing Reagent Kit Receives Chinese FDA Premarket Clearance 1 view