Company News »

TCF Bank and Susan G. Komen(R) Raise $166,000 To Fight Breast Cancer

Business Wire
Share on StockTwits
Published on

TCF Bank and its customers raised $166,000 during Breast Cancer Awareness Month to support Susan G. Komen(R). TCF Bank customers donated funds at 183 branches in Illinois and Wisconsin to support Susan G. Komen’s efforts to save lives, ensure quality care and find a cure for breast cancer. The funds raised at TCF Bank will remain in the communities through Susan G. Komen affiliates in Chicago and the surrounding area, Peoria, Ill. and in the state of Wisconsin.

“We are grateful for the generosity of our customers and employees in raising valuable dollars to support the important work of Susan G. Komen,” said Lou Campos, Executive Vice President and Lakeshore Director of Branch Banking at TCF Bank. “TCF has a deep and longstanding commitment to build better communities where we serve and we are proud to play a small part in the large and important task of improving the lives of women and men who are fighting breast cancer.”

“We truly value our partnership with TCF Bank and thank them for raising vital dollars in the fight against breast cancer,” said Susan Tybon, CEO at Susan G. Komen – Chicago. “The Change Makes Change Campaign is the perfect example of how the impact of just one person’s donation, no matter how small, adds up to make a big difference. On behalf of Susan G. Komen, thank you to the entire TCF Bank family and to all the individuals who donated.”

TCF Bank is committed to building a better community. During the past three years, TCF Bank raised nearly $1 million in Illinois and Wisconsin for Susan G. Komen and the March of Dimes. TCF Bank also supports high school education by offering free financial education courses in more than 150 high schools in Illinois and Wisconsin to help students make smarter financial decisions.

About the Chicagoland Affiliate of Susan G. Komen

The Chicagoland Affiliate of Susan G. Komen was established in 1997 and held the first Susan G. Komen Chicago Race for the Cure(R). The Chicagoland affiliate is one of only two affiliates that operate two Race for the Cure(R) events and has awarded over $13.5 million towards the fight against breast cancer by funding grassroots breast health navigation, breast cancer screening and treatment projects, as well as global research. Seventy-five percent (75%) of net proceeds generated by the Komen Chicagoland Affiliate stay in the metropolitan area while the remaining twenty-five percent (25%) supports the Susan G. Komen(R) Grants Program for research. For more information please call 773-444-0061 or visit www.komenchicago.org.

About TCF Bank

TCF Bank is a wholly-owned subsidiary of TCF Financial Corporation (NYSE:TCB) , a Wayzata, Minnesota-based national bank holding company with $18.8 billion in total assets as of June 30, 2014. The company has 380 branches in Minnesota, Illinois, Michigan, Colorado, Wisconsin, Indiana, Arizona and South Dakota, providing retail and commercial banking services. TCF, through its subsidiaries, also conducts commercial leasing and equipment finance business in all 50 states, commercial inventory finance business in the U.S. and Canada, and indirect auto finance business in over 40 states. For more information about TCF, please visit www.tcfbank.com.

Share on StockTwits