Veterans Day Events Push Bank of America Home Donations Past 1,600 for Military Veterans and Their Families
At events immediately surrounding Veterans Day, Bank of America will join five of its nonprofit partners to present veterans and their families with keys to new homes at local home dedication ceremonies, bringing the number of Bank of America properties donated to nonprofits supporting military service members to more than 1,600. Honored recipients who will be presented keys to mortgage-free homes include:
- Retired U.S. Air Force and Staff Sgt. Army veteran Marc Carroll on Nov. 6 in Columbia, S.C. with Nehemiah Community Reinvestment Fund
- Retired Army Sgt. Bobby Smith on Nov. 7 in Lakeland, Fla. with Keystone Challenge Fund, Inc. and National Community Stabilization Trust
- Retired U.S. Army Staff Sgt. William Duffer on Nov. 7 in New Orleans, La. with Military Warriors Support Foundation
- U.S. Marine Corps Veteran Michael Bawden on Nov. 8 in Lake Elsinore, Calif. with HomeStrong USA
- Retired Sr. Airman, U.S. Air Force, Michael “Shaun” Grogan on Nov. 11 in Peoria, Ariz. with Veterans Association of Real Estate Professionals
“As the nation reflects on the great sacrifices made by military service men and women this Veterans Day, we’re very proud of the progress of our property donation program and the difference it is making in our efforts to both revitalize communities and help veterans return to civilian life,” said Ron Sturzenegger, Bank of America Enterprise Business and Community Engagement executive.
The bank continues to extend beyond its initial three-year goal, announced in August 2012, to donate 1,000 properties to nonprofit organizations that renovate properties for veterans and first responders. In two states with prominent military presence, Texas and Florida, more than 550 veterans have received keys to homes renovated by the bank’s nonprofit partners.
Across all of the company’s community revitalization programs — including donations to municipalities, land banks, Habitat for Humanity and other community-based nonprofits — Bank of America has donated more than 5,300 homes and properties in 46 states since 2012.
Support for the military has been an integral part of Bank of America’s culture since 1920. That support permeates every aspect of the business, from hiring to philanthropy, volunteerism and products and services for military customers. In 2012, the company formed the Military Affairs team, which brings together partners from across the company to help service members reintegrate into the civilian workforce through education, employment, wellness and housing.
- The bank employs more than 8,000 veterans, Guard and Reservists, and earlier this year announced a goal to hire 10,000 more over the next several years. To help with the job search, the company has a dedicated military staffing team and also launched an industry-leading career website dedicated to providing service members, veterans and spouses information that can help them build their workplace and business knowledge (militarytransition.bankofamerica.com).
- Bank of America also supports veterans through partnerships with organizations like the Wounded Warrior Project, Welcome Back Veterans, the Military Spouse Employment Partnership, Operation Homefront, Student Veterans of America and the George W. Bush Institute.
- Since 2009, the bank has donated nearly $13 million to nonprofit partners who serve the military, and in 2013, bank employees contributed more than 40,000 volunteer hours to support veterans and the military.
Bank of America
Bank of America is one of the world’s largest financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small businesses, middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services. The company provides unmatched convenience in the United States, serving approximately 48 million consumer and small business relationships with approximately 4,900 retail banking offices and approximately 15,700 ATMs and award-winning online banking with 31 million active users and more than 16 million mobile users. Bank of America is among the world’s leading wealth management companies and is a global leader in corporate and investment banking and trading across a broad range of asset classes, serving corporations, governments, institutions and individuals around the world. Bank of America offers industry-leading support to approximately 3 million small business owners through a suite of innovative, easy-to-use online products and services. The company serves clients through operations in more than 40 countries. Bank of America Corporation stock (NYSE:BAC) is listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
For information about our military nonprofit partners, visit:
- Nehemiah Community Reinvestment Fund
- Keystone Challenge Fund, Inc.
- National Community Stabilization Trust
- Military Warriors Support Foundation
- HomeStrong USA
- Veterans Association of Real Estate Professionals
Sorry. No data so far.