Washington Post Forum “Leading the Way” Discusses Post-War Careers & Contributions of Veterans
Ahead of Veterans Day, Washington Post Live will host a discussion about the post-war careers and contributions of Iraq and Afghanistan war veterans. The Secretary of U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Robert A. McDonald will give remarks, and discuss the department’s “Road to Veterans Day” initiative over the past several months as well as partnerships with other agencies and the private sector to serve Veterans, their families, and survivors better.
For Love of Country (Photo: Business Wire)
Two veterans will discuss their postwar careers: Lt. Col. Kellie McCoy, USA and Lt. Col. (ret.) David Oclander, USA. McCoy is the commander of a combat engineer battalion and Oclander is on track to become a principal of an inner-city charter school in Chicago.
Howard Schultz, the chairman, president and ceo of Starbucks Coffee Company and Rajiv Chandrasekaran, senior correspondent and associate editor for The Washington Post, will also be on hand discussing their latest book “For Love of Country: What Our Veterans Can Teach Us About Citizenship, Heroism and Sacrifice,” which shares unforgettable stories about the sacrifices veterans make during and after battle.
The forum takes place Monday, November 10, the day before Veterans Day, at The Washington Post and will be streamed live at www.washingtonpostlive.com. Video clips will be available following the event. To join the conversation on Twitter, follow #VetsWhoLead.
Washington Post Live’s Leading the Way
Monday, November 10
9:30 am – 11:00 am (Doors open at 9:00 am)
The Washington Post
1150 15th Street, NW, Washington, D.C.
Full agenda available at www.washingtonpostlive.com
Media may request press credentials in advance. Members of the press approved for credentials will be notified in advance. Valid conference press credentials are required to attend.
Washington Post Live’s “Leading the Way” event is sponsored by Lockheed Martin and the USO.
- The Yen Continued to Weaken, Sterling was Also on the Move 1 view
- Bel First Quarter Net Earnings Increase 122%, Sales Set a Record $142.0 Million 1 view
- US Dollar Edges Higher on ADP Employment Report 1 view
- Sterling Breaks Out on Strong Momentum 1 view
- Sterling Slides as Minutes Reveal Hawkish Central Bank that is Not Yet Ready to Act 1 view
- Statistics Canada to Revise July Job Numbers Because of “Error” in Initial Estimate 1 view
- Strong GDP Growth From Ireland 1 view
- USD/JPY Breaks Out as MACD Generates Buy Signal 1 view
- US government shut down for the first time in 17 years 1 view
- Alliance Healthcare Services Establishes Partnership with The Pain Center of Arizona 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Lululemon Tanks on Guidance Woes 1 view
- Baylor Scott & White Health and Tenet to Partner on Five North Texas Hospitals 1 view
- Sterling Falters Against US Dollar As Data Drives Interest Rate Speculation 1 view
- No Rate Moves By ECB Or Bank Of England 1 view
- Cascade Engineering Improves Operations, Saves Time with QAD QMS 1 view
- CHARTS OF THE DAY 1 view
- American Water’s Customer Account Management Website, My H2O Online, Goes Mobile 1 view
- Gramercy Property Trust Inc. Reports Third Quarter 2014 Financial Results 1 view
- BIND Therapeutics Appoints Hagop Youssoufian, M.Sc., M.D. as Chief Medical Officer 1 view
- American manufacturers outpace expectations: ISM 1 view