CSG Releases Survey Results on In-Home Customer Service
CSG International (NASDAQ: CSGS), a global provider of interactive transaction-driven solutions and services, today released results of its new survey, “Delivering a Differentiated Customer Experience in the Home,” that explores the ways consumers want to be engaged before, during, and after service installation or a technician appointment.
Survey findings reveal that in today’s hyperconnected, multidevice world, consumers still expect a personalized experience from cable and satellite providers, particularly when it comes to a technician’s visit to their homes-and they are willing to pay a modest fee to receive priority treatment and preferred appointment times. The CSG survey polled 400 consumers across the U.S. to gauge interest in faster, more convenient tools to monitor a service truck’s location, determine technician arrival time, and provide technician information such as names and photographs to improve the service experience. Key findings include:
- An overwhelming 89% of respondents prefer an “Uber-like” tool that provides technician location and continually updated estimated arrival times; some 70% also want to see the technician’s name and photo.
- Some 86% of respondents are willing to pay a premium-up to $25-to make the scheduling process more convenient; they favor choosing specific technician arrival times, same-day service, weekend appointments, and guaranteed one-hour service windows.
- Fifty-six percent of respondents want to receive a mobile alert if a tech is running late, while 35% prefer a text message.
- Nearly all respondents-97.5%-want more control of the scheduling process and prefer alternatives to calling providers for an appointment:
- Slightly more than 64% want the option to book appointments online while others want to schedule using a mobile app; still others show no strong preference for online or mobile requests but want service providers to offer them.
- Fully 86% want to try to troubleshoot problems themselves using Web-based or video instructions before scheduling a service call.
“Given the widespread use of smart devices and a growing do-it-yourself culture, the survey findings should not be surprising,” said Chad Dunavant, vice president of product management at CSG. “Leading providers already use real-time notifications and proactive outbound calls to provide service updates, but investing in additional technologies that use geographic analysis and location-based information can boost field-service efficiency and enhance the customer experience, especially if consumers feel informed, in charge, and empowered.”
To successfully meet the needs of always-on digital consumers-and provide the Uber experience those consumers increasingly demand-providers might also consider providing customer service ratings, company tenure, and technician performance records. One-third of respondents asked for them.
The full survey and key findings are available at http://info.csgi.com/field-technicians-and-customer-experience-survey.
About CSG International
CSG Systems International, Inc. (NASDAQ:CSGS) is a market-leading business support solutions and services company serving the majority of the top 100 global communications service providers, including leaders in fixed, mobile, and next-generation networks such as AT&T, Comcast, DISH, Orange, Reliance, SingTel Optus, Spark New Zealand, Telefonica, Time Warner Cable, T-Mobile, Verizon, Vivo, and Vodafone. With more than 30 years of experience and expertise in voice, video, data, and content services, CSG International offers a broad portfolio of licensed and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)-based products and solutions that help clients compete more effectively, improve business operations and deliver a more impactful customer experience across a variety of touch points. For more information, visit our website at www.csgi.com.
Sorry. No data so far.