STARZ PLAY and ENCORE PLAY Add Chromecast Device Support – New TV Viewing Option for “The Missing,” Other Great STARZ Original Series and Movies
Starz announced today that STARZ PLAY and ENCORE PLAY launched successfully on Chromecast from Google, offering new device compatibility and viewing flexibility for its online users. STARZ PLAY and ENCORE PLAY are the authenticated online TV Everywhere services for STARZ and ENCORE premium subscribers respectively.
The new launch marks STARZ PLAY’s most recent successful deployment to the television. STARZ PLAY launched on Xbox One and Xbox 360 within the past year.
The PLAY service device support is now available on a wide array of platforms for displays big and small including the Xbox One, Xbox 360, and Chromecast for TV viewing, PCs/Macs, and personal devices including iPhone, iPad & iPod touch and several Android handsets, tablets and other platforms including Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD, NOOK HD, NOOK HD+ and select Google Nexus devices including the Nexus 4, Nexus 7, and Nexus 10. For a complete list of supported devices, please visit assets.starzplay.com/devices.
STARZ PLAY, ENCORE PLAY, and MOVIEPLEX PLAY offer robust online monthly access to more than 2,000 of the premier movies, originals, and additional TV episodes from the respective Starz premium services. Provided at no additional monthly charge, the three authenticated online PLAY services provide a suite of easy-to-use, online viewing options for STARZ, ENCORE, and MOVIEPLEX subscribers to enjoy the quality original programming and commercial-free movies offered on the respective STARZ, ENCORE, and MOVIEPLEX services.
STARZ PLAY, ENCORE PLAY and MOVIEPLEX PLAY are accessible through 3G/4G cellular, Wi-Fi, and broadband connections. The PLAY services have a recommended minimum required bandwidth of 1Mbps, and a minimum 2.5Mbps for an optimal viewing experience. The STARZ PLAY, ENCORE PLAY, and MOVIEPLEX PLAY PC/Mac(R) interfaces are available at www.starzplay.com, www.encoreplay.com, and www.movieplexplay.com respectively.
More about the PLAY Services
STARZ PLAY offers more than 400 monthly selections, including 300 movies comprising first-run films from Disney (Frozen, Planes, Saving Mr. Banks, Monsters University) and Sony (American Hustle, Captain Phillips, The Monuments Men) and other great films from a wide selection of Hollywood studios, and over 100 episodes of exclusive STARZ Original series, including “Survivor’s Remorse,” “Outlander,” “Power,” “Black Sails,” and “Spartacus.” ENCORE PLAY offers more than 1,500 monthly selections, with 300 movies and select series (Iron Man 3, Oz The Great and Powerful, Thor: The Dark World, Gone in Sixty Seconds, “Murphy Brown,” “Magnum, P.I.”). MOVIEPLEX PLAY (Look Who’s Talking, Throw Momma From the Train, Popeye, The Natural) offers additionally about 200 movies every month.
With simple and intuitive layouts and designs, the STARZ PLAY, ENCORE PLAY, and MOVIEPLEX PLAY applications offer fun and easy ways to enjoy the wide range of premium content offered on the STARZ, ENCORE, and MOVIEPLEX channels and services.
Family members can “PLAY” everything from great family films, to the epic tale of “Outlander,” and the smart comedy series “Survivor’s Remorse,” on many new platforms in addition to television. Resume functionality allows the user to seamlessly pick up from where they left off in watching a great movie or TV show on any registered device in the account.
Easy set-up of parental controls provides families with options for limiting content accessibility. Menus, screens and commands are optimized for touchscreens to provide a fun, but efficient, means to drop down and swipe through the quality content selection and viewership controls. Facebook and Twitter integrations let fans talk about the latest episode of their favorite STARZ Original series or big hit movie.
Starz (NASDAQ: STRZA, STRZB) is a leading integrated global media and entertainment company with operating units that provide premium subscription video programming on domestic U.S. pay television channels (Starz Networks), global content distribution (Starz Distribution) and animated television and movie production (Starz Animation), www.starz.com.
Starz Networks is a leading provider of premium subscription video programming through the flagship STARZ(R) and ENCORE(R) pay TV networks which showcase premium original programming and movies to U.S. multichannel video distributors, including cable operators, satellite television providers, and telecommunications companies. As of September 30, 2014, STARZ and ENCORE serve a combined 56.2 million subscribers, including 22.5 million at STARZ, and 33.7 million at ENCORE, making them the largest pair of premium flagship channels in the U.S. STARZ(R) and ENCORE(R), along with Starz Networks’ third network MOVIEPLEX(R), air more than 1,000 movies monthly across 17 linear networks, complemented by On Demand and authenticated online offerings through STARZ PLAY, ENCORE PLAY, and MOVIEPLEX PLAY. Starz Distribution develops, produces and acquires entertainment content, distributing it to consumers globally on DVD, digital formats and traditional television. Starz Distribution’s home video, digital media and worldwide distribution business units distribute original programming content produced by Starz, as well as entertainment content for itself and third parties. Starz Animation produces animated TV and movie content for studios, networks, distributors and audiences worldwide.
- AOL Furthers its Commitment to Investing in Women and Youth and Strengthening Local Communities with Launch of AOL Charitable Foundation 2 views
- Euro Cuts Losses as CPI Moderates at 0.5% 2 views
- EA Announces Unravel, a Beautiful Physics-Based Puzzle Platformer 1 view
- Merck Sinks on Januvia Concerns 1 view
- Bank of England leaves policy unchanged as recovery takes shape 1 view
- The Hershey Company Unwraps Dramatically Different ‘Candy Experience’ at Winn-Dixie; Invests in the Future of the Candy Aisle Beyond Center Store 1 view
- Currency Markets Await Central Bank Decisions; Aussie Breaks Higher 1 view
- RingCentral Executive Kira Makagon Selected for YWCA Silicon Valley’s 2015 Tribute to Women Award 1 view
- Bitcoin at the centre of international drug trade 1 view
- Gold advances as risk-aversion creeps in 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Euro Cuts Losses as CPI Moderates at 0.5% 2 views
- Three Wells Fargo Veterans to Lead Commercial Banking in SoCal 1 view
- US Wholesale Inventories Rise Only 0.1 Percent in July 1 view
- US dollar treading water ahead of service PMI 1 view
- Sharp Jump In Eurozone Retail Sales 1 view
- Cracker Barrel Foundation Sponsors Military Retreat in Nashville 1 view
- Retrophin Names Margaret Valeur-Jensen, Ph.D. as General Counsel 1 view
- Bank of Canada maintains rate targets, revises growth outlook 1 view
- Christopher Brody to Step down From Intuit Board of Directors; Richard Dalzell Nominated 1 view