The “New Black Friday” Exclusively at Walmart
Walmart today announced the “New Black Friday,” taking the hottest shopping day of the season to the next level. Days – not hours – of deep discounts on the hottest gifts kick off online Thanksgiving morning and lead right into the store’s first event at 6 p.m. The retailer’s “New Black Friday” playbook for 2014 includes five key elements:
- Five days of deals with tailored events;
- More deals than ever – online and in stores on the hot brands and licenses such as Apple, Samsung, Beats by Dr. Dre, “Frozen,” and “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles;”
- The return of its industry exclusive 1-Hour Guarantee;
- Its first-ever interactive circular; and
- Store-specific plans to help manage crowds and make the shopping experience easier.
“Black Friday is no longer about waking up at the crack of dawn to stand in long lines and hope for the best. At Walmart, its become a family shopping tradition where everyone shops at some point throughout the weekend,” said Duncan Mac Naughton, chief merchandising officer, Walmart U.S. “This year, we’re blowing it out with five days of deals in store and online. We’ll have crazy low prices on the gifts our customers want.”
Walmart served 22 million customers on Thanksgiving Day in 2013. With this year’s Black Friday deals beginning Thursday and lasting through Monday, Walmart is predicting that more families – adults and kids – will flock to its digital and physical aisles to take advantage of the retailer’s low prices on electronics, toys, kitchen appliances, bedding and thousands of other popular products.
Compared to 2013, Walmart has lowered the prices on popular Black Friday items. For example, last year a Vizio 60″ Smart TV sold for $688. This year a 65″ Vizio Smart TV will be available for $648 as part of Walmart’s 1-Hour Guarantee. The Xbox One, available last year for $499, will be sold this year as a bundle for $329 with a $30 Walmart Gift Card and is another 1-Hour Guarantee item. The retailer has also increased Black Friday inventory in every category. For example, Walmart has tripled the amount of PlayStation 4 and other gaming consoles available and is offering 30 percent more smartphones, mobile accessories and other wireless offerings.
1-Hour Guarantee – An Exclusive Offer for Walmart Customers
For the third year, Walmart is using its logistics expertise to deliver huge quantities of the hottest gifts with its exclusive 1-Hour Guarantee. Customers in the designated areas of the store between 6 and 7 p.m. on Nov. 27 can purchase the gift they want and either take it home that night or receive it at a store before Christmas. The 1-Hour Guarantee is for the following items:
- 50″ Class LED HDTV for $218 ($180 savings)
- Vizio 65″ Class Smart LED HDTV for $648 ($350 savings)
- Apple iPad Mini 16GB with Wi-Fi for $199 with a $30 Walmart Gift Card ($70 value)
- Xbox One Halo “The Master Chief Collection” Bundle for $329 with a $30 Walmart Gift Card
- RCA 7″ Google Play Wi-Fi Tablet for $29 (special buy)
- Samsung Galaxy Ace Style on Straight Talk Wireless for $29 ($100 savings)
- LG Blu-ray Disc Player for $35 (special buy)
- Beats by Dr. Dre Wireless Headphones for $149 ($130 savings)
- HP Intel Celeron Touch Laptop for $249 (special buy)
“We’re using our entire supply chain to deliver for our customers in a way no other retailer can,” said Mac Naughton. “Our guarantee ensures our customers get the product they came for and enables us to organize the store in a way that makes the shopping experience better for everyone.”
After listening to customers who used Walmart’s 1-Hour Guarantee last year, the retailer has simplified the registration and pick-up process for those that do not receive the product during the event. This year, customers will be asked to take the following steps:
- Bring their 1-Hour Guarantee ticket to the checkout lane and pay for the item.
- Visit Walmart.com before 12:59 p.m. ET Dec. 1 to enter the transaction code from the receipt and choose the store to pick up the item before Christmas.
- Provide the receipt when it’s time to pick up the item. Any corresponding Walmart Gift Cards will be given to the customer at this time.
Mac Naughton added, “We’ve taken significant steps to improve the 1-Hour Guarantee process from beginning to end. It’s simple and seamless.”
Walmart’s Five Days of Deals
Thanksgiving morning – Parade Watch and Online Shop
On Thanksgiving morning, customers can get a jump on Black Friday shopping on Walmart.com with some of the same deals that will be available in stores that evening. In addition, there will be hundreds of online-only specials with free shipping to home. Some of the online specials include:
- Samsung 55-inch 4K Ultra HD Curved Smart TV for $1,298 ($900 savings)
- Neato XV-21 Robotic Vacuum for $269 ($160 savings)
- Dell 15.6-inch Touchscreen Laptop for $549 ($200 savings)
- Toshiba 2-in-1 11.6-inch Touchscreen Laptop for $299 ($130 savings)
- GoPro Hero3+ Silver Edition Camera for $249.97 ($50 savings)
- Canon Rebel TSi dSLR Camera 2-Lens Bundle for $699 ($400 savings)
6 p.m. on Thanksgiving – Deals for the Entire Family
In addition to the nine 1-Hour Guarantee items, the 6 p.m. event will be full of gifts for the entire family such as toys, pajamas, video games, movies, sheets and more. A few of the deals include:
- Cozy sleepwear featuring top characters from “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles,” “Frozen” and “Hello Kitty” for $4.50
- Disney “Frozen” Snow Glow Elsa Doll for $28.88
- Disney Princess Ultimate Dream Castle for $75
- Dyson DC33 Multi-Floor Bagless Upright Vacuum for $199 ($150 savings)
- More than 100 video games including “Call of Duty” and “Grand Theft Auto” from $15 to $49.96
- Nearly 800 DVD and Blu-ray movies from $1.96 to $9.96
- PlayStation 4 with “Grand Theft Auto V” and “The Last of Us” games for $399
- Rachael Ray 15-piece Porcelain Enamel Nonstick Cookware Set for $89
- Select 28″ Plush toys for $10, including Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Mickey Mouse and Spiderman
- Keurig K40 Brewing System for $99 with a $25 Walmart Gift Card ($35 total savings)
- KitchenAid Classic Stand Mixer for $229 with a $30 Walmart Gift Card ($50 total savings)
- Better Homes and Gardens 525-Thread Count, 100% cotton Sheet Set or a Hotel 800-Thread Count Cotton Rich Sheet Set for $25
- Boys and girls bikes from $19 to $69
8 p.m. on Thanksgiving – BIG Electronics Event!
From new technology such as wearables and Ultra High-Definition smart TVs to tablets, sound bars and streaming devices, Walmart’s 8 p.m. event will be full of brand-name electronics at amazing low prices. Some of the top deals include:
- A range of Samsung Smart HDTVs from 32″ ($298) to 60″ ($798)
- Beats by Dr. Dre Pill Portable Speaker for $99.95 (savings of $100)
- Fitbit Flex Wristband for $69 ($30 savings)
- Google Chromecast HDMI Streaming Media Player for $25 ($10 savings)
- Vizio 50″ Smart LED 4K Ultra HDTV for $698 ($300 savings)
- Nabi 2 Nickelodeon Edition Wi-Fi Tablet for $99 ($80 savings)
- Nikon D3200 dSLR Camera 2-Lens Bundle for $499 ($50 savings)
- Samsung Galaxy S4 on Straight Talk Wireless for $249 ($200 savings)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite 7-inch Wi-Fi Tablet for $99 ($40 savings)
- Sony Bluetooth Sound Bar with Wired Subwoofer for $88 ($50 savings)
6 a.m. to noon on Friday, Nov. 28 – 30 Percent off Entire Categories
During Walmart’s morning event on Nov. 28, early-risers will get 30 percent off ALL music CDs and Monster High toys, as well as select, Samsung TVs and home audio products, Fisher-Price toys, Christmas trees, Christmas lights and Beauty and Personal Care gift sets.
6 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 28 through Sunday, Nov. 30 – Tires, Wireless, Diamonds and More
For items that can’t be grabbed on the go, the retailer will offer the following deals Friday through Sunday:
- Tires from $49 to $119 – (up to $53 savings per tire; deal available through Dec. 7)
- iPhone 5S 16GB for $79 with a 2-year contract and a $75 Walmart Gift Card
- iPhone 6 16GB for $179 with a 2-year contract and a $75 Walmart Gift Card
- LG G Vista for 97 cents with a 2-year contract and a $100 Walmart Gift Card
- Samsung Galaxy S4 for 97 cents with a 2-year contract a $100 Walmart Gift Card
- Samsung Galaxy S5 for $99 with a 2-year contract a $100 Walmart Gift Card
- AT&T NEXT and Verizon EDGE installment plans will be available
- Diamond Jewelry:
- Diamond jewelry priced $28 to $30 ($10 savings)
- Diamond jewelry priced $98 to $138 ($30 savings)
- Diamond jewelry priced $298 to $798 ($100 savings)
In addition to these items, products across the retailer’s store will be discounted all weekend long, including the Ninja Kitchen System Compact ($79; includes a $30 Walmart Gift Card) and Luxury Microfiber Sheet Sets ($19.97).
Saturday, Nov. 29 and Sunday, Nov. 30 – Hundreds of Online Specials
Walmart.com will also have hundreds of online specials for the two days leading in to Cyber Monday.
Monday, Dec. 1 – Cyber Monday!
Walmart.com has plans to offer amazing prices on everything from electronics to home goods Dec. 1. Cyber Monday will be bigger and better than ever this year at Walmart. Details will be shared soon.
A Better Shopping Experience
Walmart has taken steps to help make shopping its stores on Black Friday fun and safe for its customers. Examples include:
- An interactive circular on Walmart.com, bringing customers product reviews, buyer’s guides, how-to tutorials and other helpful tips.
- Wristbands for in-demand products like the Beats Pill, Nabi 2 Tablet and iPad Air will once again be handed out so customers don’t stand in line for a product that isn’t available.
- Store maps that highlight where 1-Hour Guarantee items, wristband items, and other hot products like sheets, DVDs and kid’s clothing are located. Maps can be viewed on Walmart.com starting Nov. 18 and can also be accessed by customers on their mobile device during the 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. events Nov. 27. Printed copies of the maps will also be available in the store.
- Store-specific crowd management and safety plans for each of Walmart’s more than 4,300 stores.
“We’ve started our pregame stretch and are giving our customers just what they need to score their top picks,” said Mac Naughton. “We’re ready to deliver the Super Bowl of savings once again.”
Appreciating our Associates
In appreciation for their hard work, Walmart will provide more than $70 million in holiday pay to hourly store associates. Walmart store associates who work on Thanksgiving Day will also receive a 25 percent discount on an entire purchase Dec. 4 or 5, enabling associates to save millions of dollars on holiday gifts for their families. This is on top of the quarterly bonus opportunity full- and part-time store associates receive based on their stores’ fourth quarter performance.
- Wristbands: Here’s how it works: Prior to the 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. events, customers need to go to the designated line within the store to secure a wristband for certain products. Wristbands will be distributed while supplies last. Customers can shop for other gifts throughout the store while they wait for the 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. events to start. Then customers with a wristband simply need to come back to the designated line within two hours after the event start time to pick up their product.
- Savings Claims: Unless otherwise indicated, the savings claims in this release are based on comparison of the Black Friday deals to Walmart’s prior pricing.
- Holiday Pay: Holiday pay is available to full and part-time associates who work their regular hours that week, not just those who work on Thanksgiving. The additional pay is equal to the associate’s average daily pay in the 12 weeks leading up to Thanksgiving week.
- Store Hours: Opening hours may vary due to local laws. Customers should check with their local stores to confirm event opening times. Prices and items may vary in Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE:WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better – anytime and anywhere — in retail stores, online and through their mobile devices. Each week, more than 245 million customers and members visit our 11,053 stores under 71 banners in 27 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2014 sales of over $473 billion, Walmart employs more than 2 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting http://corporate.walmart.com on Facebook at http://facebook.com/walmart and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/walmart. Online merchandise sales are available at http://www.walmart.com and http://www.samsclub.com.
Sorry. No data so far.