Lincoln Financial Group Deferred Income Annuity Enhancements Help Advisors, Consumers Prepare For the Opportunities That Come With Living A Longer Life
Lincoln Financial Group (NYSE:LNC) today announced enhancements to its deferred income annuity (DIA), Lincoln Deferred Income SolutionsSM Annuity, that help advisors prepare their clients for the opportunities and uncertainties that often come with living longer. The updates, which include flexible premium options and a shorter minimum deferral period, are designed to help advisors reach a broader client base with a highly-customizable source of future guaranteed lifetime income.
The flexible premium Lincoln Deferred Income Solutions Annuity offers clients the choice of spreading premiums over multiple years at any frequency. This can help clients increase their future income stream over time with systematic contributions as they approach retirement.
Lincoln Deferred Income Solutions Annuity now also allows clients to begin taking income as early as 13 months for those requiring income in the near term, such as early retirees needing to bridge the gap to other sources of retirement income, like Social Security.
“Today, many Americans are spending 20 to 30 years in retirement, increasing the importance of having a guaranteed income strategy that helps ensure retirement is enjoyed as intended, while also protecting against some of the financial uncertainties associated with longevity,” said Dan Herr, vice president of Annuity Product Management for Lincoln Financial Group. “The Lincoln Deferred Income Solutions Annuity is designed to be that income stream that has become increasingly rare in today’s retirement landscape. We continue to enhance our deferred income annuity to better arm advisors with a flexible, goals-based retirement income plan designed to adjust with their clients’ needs.”
Lincoln Deferred Income Solutions Annuity strengthens a client’s ability to plan for future income needs by allowing them to select when they begin receiving income payments. The exact amount of those payments is determined at the beginning of the contract and is adjusted with each additional premium payment made at least 13 months prior to the income start date, providing income transparency. Lincoln Deferred Income Solutions Annuity also offers optional death benefit protection during the deferral and income phases, providing a legacy for heirs.
Lincoln Deferred Income Solutions Annuity is part of Lincoln’s broad portfolio that offers solutions that help protect wealth due to a range of issues consumers face leading up to and during retirement. With Lincoln Deferred Income Solutions Annuity, a client has the flexibility to accelerate or delay the payment start date during the deferral phase of the contract should retirement plans change1. In addition, a client has the flexibility during the income phase to receive six months of payments all at once, which can help cover unexpected expenses such as medical costs when other sources of income have been exhausted.
About Lincoln Financial Group
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE:LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $215 billion in assets under management as of September 30, 2014. Learn more at: www.LincolnFinancial.com. Find us on Facebook, Twitter (@lincolnfingroup), LinkedIn and YouTube.
1. Not available with “Life Only” payment options, and subject to contract provisions
Lincoln Deferred Income SolutionSM Annuity (contract form 13-618S and state variations) is issued by The Lincoln National Life Insurance Company, Fort Wayne, IN.
The Lincoln National Life Insurance Company does not solicit business in the state of New York, nor is it authorized to do so. The “contract” may be referred to as a “certificate” in certain states. The certificate is a group annuity certificate issued under a group annuity contract issued by The Lincoln National Life Insurance Company to a group annuity trust.
Contractual obligations are subject to the claims-paying ability of The Lincoln National Life Insurance Company.
Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation and its affiliates. Affiliates are separately responsible for their own financial and contractual obligations.
- Visa Falls Despite Revenue Gains 2 views
- US Housing Data Steps into the Spotlight 1 view
- Violin Memory and Arrow Electronics Sign North America Distribution Deal 1 view
- FOREX Watch: EUR/USD falls on inflation woes 1 view
- American manufacturers outpace expectations: ISM 1 view
- Sam’s Club to Offer LifeLock(R) Identity Theft Protection 1 view
- Dow Jones Industrial Average: correction can extent to 17,000! 1 view
- Euro area manufacturing economy maintains recovery pace: Markit 1 view
- Dex Media and Yext Sign Agreement to Expand Small Business Internet Marketing Offerings 1 view
- Stocks Consolidates on Weak Data 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Visa Falls Despite Revenue Gains 2 views
- Sterling Slides as Minutes Reveal Hawkish Central Bank that is Not Yet Ready to Act 1 view
- Synchrony Financial and MEGA Group USA Extend Consumer Financing Agreement 1 view
- Ronald Porter Joins Korn Ferry’s Global Human Resources Center of Expertise 1 view
- US Pension Fund Fitness Tracker: No Reversal in Q4, Funding Ratios Decline for Fourth Consecutive Quarter 1 view
- Forex News – Week Ahead – RBNZ and Australian jobs data in focus 1 view
- Euro Moves Higher as Tensions are De-escalated 1 view
- US Dollar Weaker Ahead of FOMC Minutes 1 view
- JPY weaker on BoP, SEK inflation in focus 1 view
- European Session – Dollar under 120.00 yen ahead of FOMC minutes 1 view