Betty Gonzales, O’Fallon, Mo. Bank Teller, Receives Regions Bank’s Top Associate Honor
Regions Bank (NYSE:RF) today announced that Betty Gonzales is the November 2014 recipient of the Regions Bank Better Life Award. Gonzales is a teller in O’Fallon, Missouri. The Better Life Award is the top honor given to a Regions associate for outstanding dedication and job performance, as well as exemplary involvement and commitment to the community.
Betty Gonzales, a Regions Bank teller in O’Fallon, Missouri, takes pride in her role with the American Legion, her support of U.S. Marines, and delivering exceptional service to Regions customers. (Photo: Business Wire)
In addition to the recognition, Regions donates $1,000 in the name of the recipient to a charity of the winner’s choice. Gonzales, who is a Marine veteran, chose FOCUS Marines Foundation (FOCUS), a nonprofit group that helps wounded warriors transition from military to civilian life. A video profile of Gonzales is available on the Regions Financial YouTube channel.
In the 29 years she has worked for Regions, Gonzales has maintained strong ties to the U.S. Marine Corps. Twice a year, she spends a week as a team leader on the FOCUS compound outside of St. Louis. The intensive five-day program involves confidence-building sessions, resum’e preparation exercises, and interview practice for Marines who were injured in the line of duty.
“It’s just an amazing thing to watch these guys break down their barriers. They don’t have to worry about their back, because it’s just Marines helping Marines,” Gonzales said. “I enjoy watching our wounded warriors turn their life around and find purpose.”
Gonzales is also an active member of the American Legion in Missouri. When she became the state’s first female district commander in 2010, the city of St. Louis set aside a day as Betty Gonzales Day.
Gonzales is a rifleman in the Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery’s only all-female military funeral detail team. She teaches flag etiquette at local grade schools and is currently campaigning statewide to become American Legion vice commander. Winning that post could pave the way for Gonzales to become the first female commander of the entire American Legion organization for Missouri.
“Betty is the least selfish person I’ve ever met; she always puts everybody else first. I wish there were more like her,” said Chris Patterson, O’Fallon branch manager. “So much of her spare time goes to help others. It’s more than a full-time job outside of this job, and it’s all volunteer.”
Gonzales shares her heart for service with her four daughters and three grandchildren. They each volunteer with the American Legion because of her influence.
“I teach them that there always needs to be respect. You should pay respect to all people, especially the military. They’ve given years of their lives to serving our country. We owe them the honor they deserve,” Gonzales said.
About The Better Life Award
The Better Life Award is presented monthly to a Regions associate who lives the company’s mission to make life better for customers, associates and the communities Regions serves, and who is an example of the company’s values:
- Put People First
- Do What Is Right
- Focus On Your Customer
- Reach Higher
- Enjoy Life
Regions associates are nominated for the award by their managers and peers. Regions Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer Grayson Hall honors recipients at the company’s headquarters in Birmingham, Ala., at a meeting broadcast live to offices in the 16 states Regions serves. In addition to the recognition, associates who earn the Better Life Award receive an additional week of vacation, a crystal award, and a $1,000 donation is made in their name to the charity of their choice.
About Regions Financial Corporation
Regions Financial Corporation (NYSE:RF) , with $119 billion in assets, is a member of the S&P 500 Index and is one of the nation’s largest full-service providers of consumer and commercial banking, wealth management, mortgage, and insurance products and services. Regions serves customers in 16 states across the South, Midwest and Texas, and through its subsidiary, Regions Bank, operates approximately 1,700 banking offices and 2,000 ATMs. Additional information about Regions and its full line of products and services can be found at www.regions.com.
- Eurozone Labour Costs Fall 1 view
- AUDUSD pauses downtrend 1 view
- Cancer and pregnancy top reasons for using disability insurance benefits, Unum says 1 view
- Stocks buoyed by strong manufacturing data 1 view
- GBPUSD Weighed Down By Increasing UK Deficit 1 view
- EPIX Documentary Investigates the Arrest of Ross Ulbricht, the Alleged “Dread Pirate Roberts” — Founder of Online Black Market Silk Road, in the Original Documentary “Deep Web” 1 view
- Canada Wholesale Sales Sharply Higher 1 view
- Stocks close on their lows, Blackberry disappoints 1 view
- Detroit Bankruptcy Draws Visitors to the City’s Ruins: LA Times 1 view
- Stock Tread Water Ahead of Fed Meeting 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Aussie Dollar forms a bottom 1 view
- French Consumer Confidence Stalls 1 view
- ECB:Surprise interest rate cut 1 view
- US Dollar Index Higher as Greenback Climbs Versus Euro 1 view
- Canadian Economy Sheds 28,900 jobs in April 1 view
- US Dollar Still Vulnerable to Durable Goods 1 view
- Domestic demand drives German growth in Q3 1 view
- Dollar Steady Ahead of Housing Starts and Confidence 1 view
- Harman to Collaborate with Pono and Neil Young to Bring Pono HD Music into the Car 1 view
- American Express Soars on Q3 Results 1 view