Baku 2015 European Games signs Motorola Solutions as Official Supporter
Baku 2015 European Games has teamed up with Motorola Solutions as the Official Radio Communications Supporter of next year’s historic sporting event.
As part of the agreement, Motorola Solutions, a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for public safety and commercial customers, will deliver digital radio services to Baku 2015 to help ensure the smooth and effective communication and coordination of the event.
Mr Simon Clegg, Chief Operating Officer of Baku 2015, said: “This is an important agreement which will see Motorola Solutions use their extensive expertise and experience to support Baku 2015.
“It is vital that we are able to maintain regular high-quality communication between ourselves at Games time and Motorola Solutions will play an important role in ensuring this as together we work towards the successful delivery of the historic first European Games.”
Mr Axel Rettig, MSSSI Vice President of Eastern Europe, Russia and Central Asia at Motorola Solutions, said: “Motorola Solutions has a long history of successfully delivering reliable communication solutions for large international sporting events. We are honoured to become an Official Supporter of Baku 2015 and we look forward to working with them over the coming months.”
The agreement means Motorola Solutions becomes the fifth Official Supporter of Baku 2015 after McDonald’s Azerbaijan, Tickethour, Milla and Sitecore.
Mr Charlie Wijeratna, Commercial Director of Baku 2015, said: “Adding another great brand name to our roster of Official Partners and Supporters is an important endorsement of the Baku 2015 project. We are very pleased with the development of the commercial programme and have now announced a total of 11 Official Partners and Supporters, with more to come in the next few weeks.”
Motorola Solutions is a radio solutions supplier to public safety and commercial enterprises around the world, with a heritage of over 85 years serving a mission-critical customer base. Customers in over 120 countries trust Motorola Solutions’ expertise in this field. The company has successfully implemented communication solutions at major sporting events, including many Olympic Games and major soccer tournaments around the world.
NOTES TO EDITORS
Baku 2015 is the first ever European Games, an exciting and innovative multi-sport event for the continent which will take place from 12 – 28 June 2015.
There will be a total of 20 sports at Baku 2015: 16 Olympic sports and four non-Olympic sports. More than 6,000 athletes from across Europe will be representing their nations over 17 days of competition.
Eleven of the sports will offer qualification opportunities for the Rio 2016 Olympic Games. Those sports include Archery, Athletics, Boxing, Cycling, Shooting, Swimming, Table Tennis, Taekwondo, Triathlon, Wrestling and Volleyball.
Baku was awarded the Games by the European Olympic Committees (EOC) in December 2012. The Baku European Games Operations Committee (BEGOC) will organise and run the Games in co-operation with the EOC.
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions is a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for public safety and commercial customers.
Through leading-edge innovation and communications technology, it is a global leader that enables its customers to be their best in the moments that matter. Motorola Solutions trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker ‘MSI’. To learn more, visit www.motorolasolutions.com. For ongoing news updates, visit the newsroom or subscribe to the news feed.
- CHARTS OF THE DAY 1 view
- American Water’s Customer Account Management Website, My H2O Online, Goes Mobile 1 view
- Gramercy Property Trust Inc. Reports Third Quarter 2014 Financial Results 1 view
- BIND Therapeutics Appoints Hagop Youssoufian, M.Sc., M.D. as Chief Medical Officer 1 view
- American manufacturers outpace expectations: ISM 1 view
- Crown Castle Expands Telemedicine Clinic, Adds Access for Employee Dependents 1 view
- The Yen Continued to Weaken, Sterling was Also on the Move 1 view
- Bel First Quarter Net Earnings Increase 122%, Sales Set a Record $142.0 Million 1 view
- US Dollar Edges Higher on ADP Employment Report 1 view
- Sterling Breaks Out on Strong Momentum 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- USD/JPY Breaks Out as MACD Generates Buy Signal 1 view
- US government shut down for the first time in 17 years 1 view
- Alliance Healthcare Services Establishes Partnership with The Pain Center of Arizona 1 view
- US dollar maintains 81.00 1 view
- Stocks close mixed despite strong economic data 1 view
- US Demand, Global Prospects to Boost Canada’s Economy in 2014 1 view
- CA Technologies Unlocks Management Insights Required to Win in the Application Economy 1 view
- Lululemon Tanks on Guidance Woes 1 view
- Baylor Scott & White Health and Tenet to Partner on Five North Texas Hospitals 1 view
- Sterling Falters Against US Dollar As Data Drives Interest Rate Speculation 1 view