Semtech LoRaTM Platform Selected by AREVA for Its Next Generation of Wireless Sensor Networking Solutions
Semtech Corporation (Nasdaq: SMTC), a leading supplier of analog and mixed-signal semiconductors, today announced that AREVA (Paris) has adopted the company’s LoRaTM (Long Range) RF technology in its new generation of wireless smart sensor communication platforms.
AREVA, a supplier of high-technology solutions for low carbon energy production, has finalized the development of its next generation wireless solutions dedicated to site management and asset tracking applications using smart sensors that provide geolocalization of equipment in complex industrial environments.
Increasing complexity and security concerns are leading to an ever-increasing number of sensors in industrial facilities. Wiring new sites or retrofitting existing sites is not an option, in many cases, due to installation costs and extended operation down time. Connecting sensors and valves wirelessly reduces both the cost and down time and is the way to go for next-generation industrial wireless monitoring.
With its LoRa-based solution, AREVA will be in a position to provide customers with solutions to manage sites in both normal and critical operations with unmatched performance and security.
LoRa long-range technology from Semtech enables a large number of sensor network applications ranging from wireless process control, sensor communication and asset tracking with a noninvasive and small size infrastructure. LoRa technology also provides Internet of Things network access to devices allowing onsite and, if required, off-site communication as well as redundancies.
“AREVA’s smart sensor solution is a real technological breakthrough in the field of wireless data transmission. It will transform and simplify the management of industrial sites by providing information in real-time to give operators a comprehensive vision of their assets,” said Jean-Reynald Mac’e, R&D manager at AREVA.
“We are delighted by AREVA’s decision to use our LoRa-based transceivers in their systems moving forward,” said Alain Dantec, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Wireless, Sensing and Timing Product Group. “AREVA’s expertise and technical excellence combined with our superior technology will set a new standard in the market segments served by AREVA.”
Semtech Corporation is a leading supplier of analog and mixed-signal semiconductors for high-end consumer, computing, communications and industrial equipment. Products are designed to benefit the engineering community as well as the global community. The company is dedicated to reducing the impact it, and its products, have on the environment. Internal green programs seek to reduce waste through material and manufacturing control, use of green technology and designing for resource reduction. Publicly traded since 1967, Semtech is listed on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol SMTC. For more information, visit http://www.semtech.com.
AREVA is a world leader in nuclear power. The group’s offer to utilities covers every stage of the nuclear fuel cycle, reactor design and construction, and operating services. Its expertise and uncompromising dedication to safety make it a leading industry player. AREVA also invests in renewable energies to develop, via partnerships, high technology solutions.
Through the complementary nature of nuclear and renewables, AREVA’s 45,000 employees contribute to building tomorrow’s energy model: supplying the greatest number of people with energy that is safer and with less CO2.
Semtech, the Semtech logo, and LoRa are registered marks of Semtech Corporation. All other trademarks are property of their owners.
- Stocks close out worst week since June 2 views
- Retail sales lift Canadian dollar 1 view
- Can FOMC Minutes Boost Struggling Greenback? 1 view
- Hyatt Regency Dubai Creek Heights Officially Opens 1 view
- Strong Eurozone Industrial Output Reported 1 view
- Euro area inflation rebounds from 4-year low 1 view
- North American Pair Falls on Income Data 1 view
- Yen Gains Traction after Weak US Data 1 view
- Base Metals Rally, Despite Declines in other Commodities 1 view
- Silver Consolidates After Historic Fall 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Stocks close out worst week since June 2 views
- Christopher Brody to Step down From Intuit Board of Directors; Richard Dalzell Nominated 1 view
- Stocks flat, US Dollar declines following FOMC minutes 1 view
- FOREX Watch: Pound sterling soars as unemployment drops to 7.7 percent 1 view
- Outlook on the US dollar ahead of FOMC minutes, key data 1 view
- Improvement In South African Retail Sales 1 view
- UK housing construction grows at fastest pace in nearly a decade: Markit 1 view
- Carmelo Anthony, Marshawn Lynch, Skylar Diggins, Serena Williams, LeBron James, Gabby Douglas, Lionel Messi, Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Lindsey Vonn among Top Athletes to Receive Nominations for Nickelodeon’s Kids’ Choice Sports Awards 1 view
- US third quarter GDP beats advance estimate 1 view
- Blackstone Portfolio Company Phoenix Tower International Announces Acquisition of T4U Holding Brasil S.A., Comprising More Than 500 Wireless Towers in Brazil 1 view