Seagate Receives Honors in 2014 HPCwire Readers’ and Editors’ Choice Awards
Seagate Technology plc (NASDAQ:STX) , a world leader in storage solutions, today announced it has been recognized in the annual HPCwire Readers’ and Editors’ Choice Awards, presented at the 2014 International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage and Analysis (SC14). The list of winners were revealed at the HPCwire booth at the event, and on the HPCwire website, located at www.HPCwire.com. Seagate was recognized with the following honors:
- Readers’/Editors’ Choice: Best HPC Storage Product or Technology: Seagate(R) ClusterStorTM 9000
- Readers’ Choice – Top 5 New Products or Technologies to Watch: Seagate Cloud Systems and Solutions/ Cloud Storage
- Readers’ Choice – Top 5 Vendors to Watch: Seagate
The coveted annual HPCwire Readers’ and Editors’ Choice Awards are determined through a nomination and voting process with the global HPCwire community, along with a selection process in which the editors of HPCwire make selections. The awards are an annual feature of the publication and constitute prestigious recognition from the HPC community. These awards are revealed each year to kick off the annual supercomputing conference, which showcases high performance computing, networking, storage, and data analysis.
“We are honored by this recognition from HPCwire and its readers, our customers. We are building on the Seagate core, extending innovation from the device into the information infrastructure, both on-site and in the Cloud. We have shipped over 17,000 petabytes and nearly two million enclosures for major original equipment manufacturers (OEMs),” said Ken Claffey, Vice President of ClusterStor, Seagate Cloud Systems and Solutions. “We are proud our customers continue to value our innovation, our systems, and our focus on supporting open source technology.”
Engineered for high-performance computing, Seagate’s ClusterStor solutions remove complexities associated with deploying and maintaining traditional high performance systems, by combining ultra-dense data enclosures, operating system, data protection layer, embedded servers and the Lustre(R) file system in a consolidated, scalable platform. With this all-inclusive combination, the award-winning Seagate ClusterStor solution provides world-class performance with simplified ease-of-use and management, significantly reducing the time required to meet mission-critical needs.
“HPCwire readers are among the most informed in the HPC community and these awards are ultimately given to the organizations that are making the biggest impacts in advancing technology and humanity itself through high performance computing,” said Tom Tabor, CEO of Tabor Communications, publisher of HPCwire. “The HPCwire Readers’ and Editors’ Choice Awards send a strong message of support and appreciation from those in the global HPC community. We are proud to be able to recognize these efforts each your and our congratulations go out to all the winners.”
More information on these awards can be found at the HPCwire website (http://www.HPCwire.com) or on Twitter through the following hashtag: #HPCwireAwards.
Seagate is exhibiting at SC14, November 16-21 in New Orleans. Please visit Seagate’s booth (#3239) to hear from industry thought leaders, ClusterStor customers and Seagate technology leaders on how HPC is addressing today’s complex market problems.
HPCwire is the #1 news and information resource covering the fastest computers in the world and the people who run them. Since its inception in 1986, HPCwire has enjoyed a legacy of world-class editorial and journalism, making it the news source of choice selected by science, technology and business professionals interested in high performance and data-intensive computing. Visit HPCwire at www.hpcwire.com.
(c)2014 Seagate Technology LLC. All rights reserved. Printed in the United States of America. Seagate, Seagate Technology, ClusterStor, Lustre and the Wave logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Seagate Technology LLC or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries.
- Stocks close out worst week since June 2 views
- Improvement In South African Retail Sales 1 view
- UK housing construction grows at fastest pace in nearly a decade: Markit 1 view
- Carmelo Anthony, Marshawn Lynch, Skylar Diggins, Serena Williams, LeBron James, Gabby Douglas, Lionel Messi, Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Lindsey Vonn among Top Athletes to Receive Nominations for Nickelodeon’s Kids’ Choice Sports Awards 1 view
- US third quarter GDP beats advance estimate 1 view
- Blackstone Portfolio Company Phoenix Tower International Announces Acquisition of T4U Holding Brasil S.A., Comprising More Than 500 Wireless Towers in Brazil 1 view
- Tech bubble brewing? Analysts are divided 1 view
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees and Accenture Deliver Global Biometric Identity Management System to Aid Displaced Persons 1 view
- Stocks Hold Upward Sloping Trend 1 view
- Euro Production Figures Vindicate ECB Decision 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Stocks close out worst week since June 2 views
- Retail sales lift Canadian dollar 1 view
- Can FOMC Minutes Boost Struggling Greenback? 1 view
- Hyatt Regency Dubai Creek Heights Officially Opens 1 view
- Strong Eurozone Industrial Output Reported 1 view
- Euro area inflation rebounds from 4-year low 1 view
- North American Pair Falls on Income Data 1 view
- Yen Gains Traction after Weak US Data 1 view
- Base Metals Rally, Despite Declines in other Commodities 1 view
- Silver Consolidates After Historic Fall 1 view