Rick Fitz Joins Splunk as Vice President of IT Markets
Splunk Inc. (NASDAQ:SPLK) , provider of the leading software platform for real-time Operational Intelligence, today announced the appointment of Rick Fitz as vice president of IT Markets. Fitz will have worldwide responsibility for Splunk’s strategy in the IT Operations and Application Delivery market segment and will serve as the leader of a cross-functional team that includes experts in product development, product management, marketing, business development, sales and field technical services. Fitz will report to Steve Sommer, chief marketing officer, Splunk.
“We are pleased to welcome Rick to Splunk and look forward to Rick leading Splunk’s global strategy and initiatives for the IT Market,” said Sommer. “With more than 20 years of experience at software companies serving the IT operations market across our core verticals, Rick is ideally suited to lead this team.”
“I am excited to be part of an organization that has become an established leader in IT Operations because of its focus and passion around developing innovative solutions that provide fast and compelling value to its customers,” said Fitz. “Splunk’s technology provides the company with a unique ability to serve virtually every kind of organization. Joining Splunk is a tremendous opportunity and I am looking forward to helping the company grow even further.”
Previously, Fitz served as vice president, product strategy and management at Markmonitor, a Thomson Reuters company. Prior to joining Markmonitor, Fitz served as senior vice president, product management at CA Technologies, where he oversaw the Service Assurance portfolio of products including CA Application Performance Management, NetQoS, Service Operations Insight and Spectrum IM. Before joining CA Technologies, Fitz was vice president, product management at Network General and director, product management at BMC Software. He also held leadership positions at Peregrine Systems and Remedy Corporation.
About Splunk Inc.
Splunk Inc. (NASDAQ:SPLK) provides the leading software platform for real-time Operational Intelligence. Splunk(R) software and cloud services enable organizations to search, monitor, analyze and visualize machine-generated big data coming from websites, applications, servers, networks, sensors and mobile devices. More than 7,900 enterprises, government agencies, universities and service providers in 100 countries use Splunk software to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce cost. Splunk products include Splunk(R) Enterprise, Splunk CloudTM, Hunk(R), Splunk MINT ExpressTM and premium Splunk Apps. To learn more, please visit http://www.splunk.com/company.
Splunk, Splunk>, Listen to Your Data, The Engine for Machine Data, Hunk, Splunk Cloud, Splunk Storm, SPL, Splunk MINT Express and Splunk MINT Enterprise are trademarks and registered trademarks of Splunk Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective owners. (c) 2014 Splunk Inc. All rights reserved.
- Visa Falls Despite Revenue Gains 2 views
- The Importance of Cash Savings 1 view
- Canadian Business Optimism rises: BOC 1 view
- Sterling Slides as Minutes Reveal Hawkish Central Bank that is Not Yet Ready to Act 1 view
- Synchrony Financial and MEGA Group USA Extend Consumer Financing Agreement 1 view
- Ronald Porter Joins Korn Ferry’s Global Human Resources Center of Expertise 1 view
- US Pension Fund Fitness Tracker: No Reversal in Q4, Funding Ratios Decline for Fourth Consecutive Quarter 1 view
- Forex News – Week Ahead – RBNZ and Australian jobs data in focus 1 view
- Euro Moves Higher as Tensions are De-escalated 1 view
- US Dollar Weaker Ahead of FOMC Minutes 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Visa Falls Despite Revenue Gains 2 views
- US Housing Data Steps into the Spotlight 1 view
- Violin Memory and Arrow Electronics Sign North America Distribution Deal 1 view
- FOREX Watch: EUR/USD falls on inflation woes 1 view
- American manufacturers outpace expectations: ISM 1 view
- Sam’s Club to Offer LifeLock(R) Identity Theft Protection 1 view
- Dow Jones Industrial Average: correction can extent to 17,000! 1 view
- Euro area manufacturing economy maintains recovery pace: Markit 1 view
- Dex Media and Yext Sign Agreement to Expand Small Business Internet Marketing Offerings 1 view
- Stocks Consolidates on Weak Data 1 view