Hunting and Fishing App Sets The Standard for Outdoor Mobile Technology
Utah.Gov, a leader in mobile and online technology, in partnership with the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources (DWR), recently launched a free Hunting and Fishing iPhone and Android app. The application gives Utah’s outdoor enthusiasts the best information available on their mobile phones and helps them get the most out of their outdoor adventures. The application is Utah’s mobile resource for wildlife events, licenses, permits, and communicating with the DWR for outdoor enthusiasts.
Greg Sheehan, director of the Division of Wildlife Resources, says the free app allows hunters, anglers and wildlife watchers to blend their outdoor adventures and the latest technology together. “The app makes it easier to obtain and display hunting and fishing licenses,” Sheehan says. “It provides users with quick access to information that will help them in the field. We encourage you to download it, and give it a try.”
The Utah DWR surveyed the current technology and looked for ways to provide a leading-edge solution that would enhance the outdoor experience for hunters and anglers. The Division developed the application to help the public easily find hunting locations, even in remote areas where they may not have mobile service. One great feature is the ability to store and display hunting and fishing licenses right from a mobile device. In fact, licenses for a whole family or group can all be stored on one smart phone.
One note: if you’re hunting a wildlife species that requires you to place a paper tag on an animal after taking it, you must carry the tag with you and attach it to the animal after harvesting it.
Hunters and anglers can download all current valid licenses and new licenses to their mobile device and display them for game wardens. In addition they can:
- Find public hunting lands
- View Walk-In Access properties
- Report poachers
- Check shooting hours
- Identify wildlife, waterfowl, and fish species found in Utah
To find out more information about Utah.Gov visit:
RSS feeds: http://www.utah.gov/connect/feeds.html
Utah blogs: http://www.utah.gov/blogs/
Utah.gov is the entry point to over 1000 online services and benefits over 2.7 million residents in the State of Utah. Utah.gov provides citizens and businesses with more convenient options for interacting with government. Through Utah.gov, citizens can find public meetings, renew their vehicle registration, buy a hunting and fishing license, register a business, find a transparent state budget, and much more. In 2012 alone, Utah.gov received an unprecedented 24 awards making it the nation’s most honored state website. Utah.gov is managed and operated through a public-private partnership between the state and Utah Interactive, the Salt Lake City-based official eGovernment partner for the state of Utah. Utah Interactive is part of eGovernment firm NIC’s family of companies.
Founded in 1992, NIC (NASDAQ:EGOV) is the nation’s leading provider of official government websites, online services, and secure payment processing solutions. The company’s innovative eGovernment services help make government more accessible to everyone through technology. The family of NIC companies provides eGovernment solutions for more than 3,500 federal, state, and local agencies in the United States. Forbes has named NIC as one of the “100 Best Small Companies in America” five times, most recently ranked at No.11 (2013), and the company has been included four times on the Barron’s 400 Index. Additional information is available at http://www.egov.com.
- Greek Current Account Deficit Widens 1 view
- UK House Prices Settle Down This Month 1 view
- Slight Drop In Japanese Inflation 1 view
- Schwab Announces Planned Launch of Schwab Intelligent Portfolios 1 view
- Western Union Holds 9th Annual Consumer Protection and Compliance Conference 1 view
- B&W Volund Consortium Awarded Contract To Build Waste-To-Energy Power Plant in Scotland 1 view
- Stocks Trade Mixed Ahead of Data and Earnings 1 view
- No Rate Moves By ECB Or Bank Of England 1 view
- Ferro Acquires Laser Marking Industry Leader TherMark 1 view
- The Federal Reserve Begins Its Two Day Meeting Today 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- US pending home sales decline sharply in October 1 view
- Semis Show Strong Seasonal Tendencies for April 1 view
- JPMorgan’s $7.2 Billion in Legal Fees Weigh on Earnings 1 view
- NTT America Builds on Strengths with New Channel Partner Program 1 view
- Cable Holds Ground Following Mixed Retail Sales Data 1 view
- Rent-A-Center Promotes Jonathan Parks to Vice President, Global Logistics and Distribution 1 view
- Dex Media and Yext Sign Agreement to Expand Small Business Internet Marketing Offerings 1 view
- Canadian housing starts rise in July 1 view
- Echelon Expands its IzoT Platform for the IIoT to Enable Multiprotocol Wired and Wireless Building Automation Systems 1 view
- US Groundbreaking, Building Permits Plunge in January 1 view