TurboTax Turns the Story of Your Year Into the Biggest Check of Your Year
Few things are as personal as taxes. After all, taxes are the story of your year and no one knows them better than you. That’s why Intuit TurboTax(R) (Nasdaq:INTU) is easing the burden of tax preparation for hard-working Americans by creating a new, simpler and highly-personalized online and mobile experience that fits each individual’s life and tax situation so they can be confident they’re getting their maximum tax refund – guaranteed.
“We’ve made TurboTax better than ever, so you can easily prepare your taxes with confidence. We’ve created a simpler experience, custom-fit to your life and your taxes so you can be confident your taxes are done right and you’re getting every dollar you deserve,” said Sasan Goodarzi, general manager of Intuit’s Consumer Tax Group. “It all starts with you. No one knows your year better than you, and that makes you the best person to do your taxes. Together, we’ll make your refund the biggest check of your year.”
For tax year 2014, TurboTax is once again reinventing tax preparation and delivering on its commitment to dramatically simplify tax preparation for millions of hard-working Americans while putting even more money in their pockets on top of their refund.
It’s never been easier to prepare your own taxes:
- Getting to know you: TurboTax for 2014 is all about getting to know each customer personally. From the start, fun, colorful tiles ease customers into their tax return. Returning customers who transfer last year’s data into this year’s return will find their taxes are virtually complete – they just need to indicate if anything has changed. New customers will see simple questions about their life and taxes so that TurboTax can create a custom-fit tax return to meet their unique needs. Customers tell TurboTax the story of their year and in turn, get every dollar they deserve.
- Anywhere, Anytime Tax Prep: For the first time, TurboTax users can move seamlessly across different platforms – working online, on tablets or on smartphones – with the ability to start, stop and continue their taxes on the device of their choice. The new TurboTax mobile app, which now offers the full lineup of tax preparation products, is available for both iPhone and Android phones and iPad and Android tablets. It is free to download, and customers pay only when they file their return.
- Expanded data import: TurboTax customers can now import W-2, 1099 and other tax documents, directly from more than 1 million companies, making tax preparation easier and more accurate.
- Seamless health care reporting: Nearly 9 out of 10 Americans who already have health insurance through their employer, Medicaid or Medicare, or any other qualified health plan, reporting health care with TurboTax will be as simple as checking a box. TurboTax automatically completes the required forms, accurately calculating the correct tax credit or penalty. TurboTax also helps taxpayers determine if they qualify for an exemption to waive the tax penalty. And because health care forms are included in all TurboTax products at no extra cost, customers can keep more of their hard-earned money.
- Expert help: TurboTax for 2014 is with customers every step of the way so they can be confident their taxes are done right. TurboTax delivers customized answers to people’s questions and provides examples of the next steps they need to take to complete and file their taxes with confidence. For those needing further assurance, credentialed TurboTax tax experts, all CPAs and enrolled agents, are available by phone in most TurboTax online and mobile products at no additional charge.
Get every dollar you deserve:
- Absolute Zero for 60 million taxpayers: For the first time ever, Americans can file both their federal 1040A or 1040EZ returns, as well as their state returns, for absolutely $0 with TurboTax Federal Free Edition. TurboTax Absolute Zero is especially vital for the 60 percent of taxpayers with simple returns who file early in the year to get their tax refund as quickly as possible. There’s no better time to make the switch from a national tax preparation chain and pay nothing with TurboTax Absolute Zero.
- TurboTax Benefit Assist: One of the ways TurboTax has set out to help hard-working Americans put more money in their pocket is by helping them uncover and apply for government benefits. With TurboTax, eligible customers could find on average nearly $2,000 in government benefits and savings. TurboTax shows them which major government benefits they may qualify for all in one place and how much assistance they could qualify for. A streamlined application makes the process to apply for benefits, such as Food Stamps, discounted gas and electric, or low-cost phone service, easier and faster.
- More Money Beyond the Refund: TurboTax is the only tax preparation service working with Amazon.com to give customers extra money on top of their federal tax refund when they use their refund to buy Amazon.com e-gift cards. Customers can choose to use part of their federal tax refund, from $100 on up, to purchase Amazon.com e-gift cards and TurboTax will add an extra 5 percent or 10 percent on top of it, depending on the product they are using. This exclusive bonus is just another way TurboTax helps customers make their hard-earned dollars go even further.
- Never pay extra for Earned Income Credit (EIC): Three out of four Americans live paycheck-to-paycheck, but some tax preparation companies charge additional fees for taxpayers who qualify for the earned income tax credit. With TurboTax, eligible taxpayers can claim their earned income credit at no extra cost and get every dollar they deserve.
Pricing and Availability
TurboTax online and desktop products are now available and are up to date with the latest tax and health care laws. Taxpayers can file now with TurboTax and their return will be held securely and submitted as soon as the IRS begins processing e-filed returns on Jan. 20.
TurboTax online pricing starts at free for simple (1040A/EZ) tax returns. TurboTax Online federal and state products include e-filing at no additional cost and are available at http://www.TurboTax.com.
About Intuit Inc.
Intuit Inc. creates business and financial management solutions that simplify the business of life for small businesses, consumers and accounting professionals.
Its flagship products and services include QuickBooks(R), Quicken(R) and TurboTax(R), which make it easier to manage small businesses and payroll processing, personal finance, and tax preparation and filing. Mint.com provides a fresh, easy and intelligent way for people to manage their money, while Demandforce(R) offers marketing and communication tools for small businesses. ProSeries(R) and Lacerte(R) are Intuit’s leading tax preparation offerings for professional accountants.
Founded in 1983, Intuit had revenue of $4.5 billion in its fiscal year 2014. The company has approximately 8,000 employees with major offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, India and other locations. More information can be found at www.intuit.com.
- Visa Falls Despite Revenue Gains 2 views
- The Importance of Cash Savings 1 view
- Canadian Business Optimism rises: BOC 1 view
- LNB Bancorp, Inc. Shareholders Vote to Approve Merger with Northwest Bancshares Inc. 1 view
- Sterling Slides as Minutes Reveal Hawkish Central Bank that is Not Yet Ready to Act 1 view
- Synchrony Financial and MEGA Group USA Extend Consumer Financing Agreement 1 view
- Ronald Porter Joins Korn Ferry’s Global Human Resources Center of Expertise 1 view
- US Pension Fund Fitness Tracker: No Reversal in Q4, Funding Ratios Decline for Fourth Consecutive Quarter 1 view
- Forex News – Week Ahead – RBNZ and Australian jobs data in focus 1 view
- Euro Moves Higher as Tensions are De-escalated 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Visa Falls Despite Revenue Gains 2 views
- US Housing Data Steps into the Spotlight 1 view
- Violin Memory and Arrow Electronics Sign North America Distribution Deal 1 view
- FOREX Watch: EUR/USD falls on inflation woes 1 view
- American manufacturers outpace expectations: ISM 1 view
- Sam’s Club to Offer LifeLock(R) Identity Theft Protection 1 view
- Dow Jones Industrial Average: correction can extent to 17,000! 1 view
- Dex Media and Yext Sign Agreement to Expand Small Business Internet Marketing Offerings 1 view
- Stocks Consolidates on Weak Data 1 view
- The Importance of Cash Savings 1 view