Stone Harbor Emerging Markets Income Fund Declares Monthly Distributions of $0.18 Per Share
Stone Harbor Emerging Markets Income Fund (“the Fund”), which is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “EDF,” announced the declaration of monthly distributions of $0.18 per common share, payable on the dates noted below. Based of the Fund’s current share price of $15.07 and net asset value per share of $16.30 (as of close on January 20, 2015), the distributions represent an annualized distribution rate of 14.33% and 13.25% respectively.
The following dates apply to the distributions declared:
Ex-Distribution Date: February 11, 2015
Record Date: February 13, 2015
Payable Date: February 26, 2015
Ex-Distribution Date: March 12, 2015
Record Date: March 16, 2015
Payable Date: March 26, 2015
Ex-Distribution Date: April 16, 2015
Record Date: April 20, 2015
Payable Date: April 30, 2015
This press release is not for tax reporting purposes but is being provided to announce the amount of the Fund’s distributions that have been declared by the Board of Directors. In early 2016, after definitive information is available, the Fund will send shareholders a Form 1099-DIV, if applicable, specifying how the distributions paid by the Fund during the prior calendar year should be characterized for purposes of reporting the distributions on a shareholder’s tax return (e.g., ordinary income, long-term capital gain or return of capital).
The Fund is a non-diversified, closed-end management investment company that is managed by Stone Harbor Investment Partners LP (“Stone Harbor”). The Fund’s primary investment objective is to maximize total return, which consists of income on its investments and capital appreciation. There is no assurance that the Fund will achieve its investment objective.
The Fund seeks to achieve its investment objective by investing at least 80% of its net assets (plus borrowings for investment purposes) in emerging markets securities (“the 80% policy”), which include fixed income securities and other instruments, including derivatives, that are economically tied to emerging market countries, that are denominated in the predominant currency of the local market of an emerging market country or whose performance is linked to those countries’ markets, currencies, economies or ability to repay loans. A security or instrument is economically tied to an emerging market country if it is principally traded on the country’s securities markets or if the issuer is organized or principally operates in the country, derives a majority of its income from its operations within the country or has a majority of its assets within the country.
Stone Harbor Investment Partners LP is a global institutional fixed-income investment manager specializing in credit and asset allocation strategies. The firm manages institutional clients’ assets in a range of investment products: emerging markets debt, high yield, bank loans, as well as multi-strategy products, such as global high yield and core plus. The firm’s investment strategies are based on fundamental insights, derived from a combination of proprietary research and the in-depth knowledge and specialized experience of the firm’s team. Founded in 2006 and based in New York, Stone Harbor employs over 150 people across our locations in New York, London, and Singapore. Stone Harbor Investment Partners LP is an employee-owned partnership with $59.1 billion in assets under management as of November 30, 2014. For more information, please visit Stone Harbor’s website at www.shiplp.com.
For more complete information, please call 877-206-0791 (toll-free) or visit the Fund’s website – www.shiplpcef.com.
The Stone Harbor Emerging Markets Income Fund is a closed-end fund and closed-end funds do not continuously issue shares for sale as open-end mutual funds do. Since its initial public offering, the Fund has traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol EDF. Investors wishing to buy or sell shares need to place orders through an intermediary or broker.
- NASDAQ Breaks Out on Robust Momentum 1 view
- Canadian Retail Sales Could Show Modest Improvement in February 1 view
- Dennis J. DeCore Joins Comstock Capital Value Fund 1 view
- Eurozone Inflation Remains Perilously Low 1 view
- Strong Dollar Drives Commodities Losses 1 view
- New Relic Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering 1 view
- Western Union Offers Apple PayTM as New Pay-In Option for Money Transfer Customers 1 view
- Howard Marks On Luck And Skill In Investing 1 view
- MeetMe Launches New Virtual Currency Product “Stickers” Inside Chat 1 view
- US Manufacturing Survey Improves 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Genesee & Wyoming Inc. Enters into Agreement to Acquire Freightliner Group Limited; Expands Rail Operations in the United Kingdom, Continental Europe and Australia 1 view
- US Housing Starts Rise Nearly 30 Percent YOY 1 view
- US Dollar Index Gains as Euro, Pound Edge Lower 1 view
- The Federal Reserve Begins Its Two Day Meeting Today 1 view
- Daily Commentary – Forex Analysis 26/03/15 1 view
- Canadian Dollar Recovers from 3-Month Low as Trade Surplus Improves 1 view
- Guidance Software Appoints New Chief Marketing Officer to Drive Market Awareness and Customer Growth 1 view
- Exterran Holdings Nominates Five New Directors to Its Board 1 view
- FOREX FORECAST FOR 6-10 APRIL 2015 1 view
- Cigna Study: More than One-Fourth of U.S. Consumers with Dental Insurance Don’t Take Advantage of Their Coverage for Preventive Checkups 1 view