APS Seeks Additional Peaking Capacity
Arizona Public Service Co. (APS) announces a request for proposal (RFP) for dispatchable capacity to meet peak demand. The RFP will be released on January 30 with a bid submittal deadline of March 18, 2015.
APS is seeking approximately 300 megawatts of peaking capacity, which may be bid as a power purchase agreement or a build, own and transfer structure. Proposals must demonstrate that projects can achieve commercial operation by the summer of 2018 or 2019. The entire RFP process will be monitored and reviewed by a third-party independent monitor.
Proposals will be evaluated and compared to an APS self-build option to expand the existing Ocotillo Power Plant site located in Tempe, Ariz.
Additional information about the RFP is available online at www.aps.com/rfp.
APS expects to issue a second RFP in 2016. This “all-source” RFP will seek proposals to meet APS’s capacity and energy needs starting in 2019 or 2020.
APS, Arizona’s largest and longest-serving electricity utility, serves nearly 1.2 million customers in 11 of the state’s 15 counties. With headquarters in Phoenix, APS is the largest principal subsidiary of Pinnacle West Capital Corp. (NYSE:PNW) .
- Exterran Holdings Nominates Five New Directors to Its Board 1 view
- FOREX FORECAST FOR 6-10 APRIL 2015 1 view
- Cigna Study: More than One-Fourth of U.S. Consumers with Dental Insurance Don’t Take Advantage of Their Coverage for Preventive Checkups 1 view
- NASDAQ Breaks Out on Robust Momentum 1 view
- Canadian Retail Sales Could Show Modest Improvement in February 1 view
- Dennis J. DeCore Joins Comstock Capital Value Fund 1 view
- Eurozone Inflation Remains Perilously Low 1 view
- Strong Dollar Drives Commodities Losses 1 view
- New Relic Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering 1 view
- Western Union Offers Apple PayTM as New Pay-In Option for Money Transfer Customers 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Australian Currency Feels Pressure of a Rate Cut 1 view
- Celgene Receives Positive CHMP Opinion for OTEZLA(R) (apremilast), the First Oral PDE4 Inhibitor for the Treatment of Patients with Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis 1 view
- US manufacturing industry hits 8-month high: Markit 1 view
- Argentina Sees Trade Balance Pick Up 1 view
- Hulk Hogan(R), Chris Jericho(R), PaigeTM and Daniel Bryan(R) Headline New Season of WWE TOUGH ENOUGH(R) on USA Network Launching June 23 1 view
- US dollar rebounds as Ukraine tensions ease 1 view
- Canadian Dollar Treads Water on Divergent Data Releases 1 view
- UK Economy Said to Have Expanded 0.9% in Q1: NIESR 1 view
- Genesee & Wyoming Inc. Enters into Agreement to Acquire Freightliner Group Limited; Expands Rail Operations in the United Kingdom, Continental Europe and Australia 1 view
- US Housing Starts Rise Nearly 30 Percent YOY 1 view