Barnes & Noble Announces the “NOOK(R) Reading Challenge” to Inspire People to Read More in 2015
Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE:BKS) , the nation’s largest retail bookseller and the leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products, today announced the NOOK Reading Challenge, a social media-based reading challenge with the goal of inspiring participants to read more and interact with their friends and the book community about what they’re currently reading. To participate in the challenge, readers have to commit on their Facebook page to read one or more books between January 24 (National Readathon Day) and February 28 using the hashtag #NOOKReadingChallenge.
Participants are encouraged to invite their friends to take the NOOK Reading Challenge by tagging them on Facebook throughout the duration of the challenge. They can join in engaging conversations about the books they’re reading, and enter for a chance to win one of 100 $25 Barnes & Noble Gift Cards that will be given to lucky participants.
“We’re always looking for creative and meaningful new ways to engage with readers through social media and we think NOOK fans and their friends will really enjoy the NOOK Reading Challenge,” said Allison Vartabedian, Vice President of Brand Marketing at NOOK. “Pledging to read a new book is a great way to start the New Year, and we’re launching this program on National Readathon Day to provide even more inspiration to pick up your next great read.”
National Readathon Day is a nationwide marathon reading session on Saturday, January 24, from noon to 4 p.m. (in respective time zones) where participants can share their love of books and support programs that promote reading by pledging to read and fundraise for the National Book Foundation (http://nationalbook.org). NOOK is extending the excitement around National Readathon Day by offering the NOOK Reading Challenge through February 28.
For more information on the NOOK Reading Challenge, visit www.facebook.com/nook or ask a bookseller at your local Barnes & Noble store. To start reading on NOOK, visit www.nook.com to get more information on NOOK’s award-winning line of eReaders and tablets or to download the Free NOOK Reading AppTM for iOS, Android or Windows 8. Barnes & Noble offers Always Free NOOK Support in all of its neighborhood bookstores, with more than 35,000 booksellers across the country ready to assist customers with downloading the Free NOOK Reading App, setting up a NOOK account or NOOK device, or choosing their next great read.
About Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE:BKS) is a Fortune 500 company and the leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products. The Company operates 658 Barnes & Noble bookstores in 50 states, and one of the Web’s largest e-commerce sites, BN.com (www.bn.com). Its NOOK digital business offers award-winning NOOK(R) products and an expansive collection of digital reading and entertainment content through the NOOK Store(R) (www.nook.com), while Barnes & Noble College Booksellers, LLC operates 714 bookstores serving over five million students and faculty members at colleges and universities across the United States.
General information on Barnes & Noble, Inc. can be obtained by visiting the Company’s corporate website: www.barnesandnobleinc.com.
Barnes & Noble(R), Barnes & Noble Booksellers(R) and Barnes & Noble.com(R) are trademarks of Barnes & Noble, Inc. or its affiliates.
For more information on Barnes & Noble, follow us on https://twitter.com/BNBuzz, http://instagram.com/barnesandnoble and http://thebarnesandnoble.tumblr.com, and like us on https://www.facebook.com/barnesandnoble.
About NOOK Media
NOOK reading and entertainment products make it easy to Read What You Love, Anywhere You LikeTM with a fun, easy-to-use and immersive digital reading experience. With NOOK, customers gain access to the expansive NOOK Store(R) of more than 3 million digital books in the US and UK, plus periodicals, comics, apps, movies and TV shows, and the ability to enjoy content across a wide array of popular devices through free NOOK Reading AppsTM. Find NOOK devices in Barnes & Noble stores and online at www.nook.com, as well as leading retailers including Best Buy, Walmart, Target and many others. NOOK products are available in the United Kingdom at leading retailers; NOOK content can be purchased at www.nook.co.uk.
NOOK(R), the NOOK logos and NOOK MediaTM are trademarks of barnesandnoble.com llc or its affiliates.
For more information on NOOK:
Like NOOK on Facebook
Follow NOOK on Twitter
Follow NOOK on Google+
Follow NOOK on Instagram
Follow NOOK on Pinterest
Subscribe to NOOK’s YouTube Channel
- Exterran Holdings Nominates Five New Directors to Its Board 1 view
- FOREX FORECAST FOR 6-10 APRIL 2015 1 view
- Cigna Study: More than One-Fourth of U.S. Consumers with Dental Insurance Don’t Take Advantage of Their Coverage for Preventive Checkups 1 view
- NASDAQ Breaks Out on Robust Momentum 1 view
- Canadian Retail Sales Could Show Modest Improvement in February 1 view
- Dennis J. DeCore Joins Comstock Capital Value Fund 1 view
- Eurozone Inflation Remains Perilously Low 1 view
- Strong Dollar Drives Commodities Losses 1 view
- New Relic Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering 1 view
- Western Union Offers Apple PayTM as New Pay-In Option for Money Transfer Customers 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Australian Currency Feels Pressure of a Rate Cut 1 view
- Celgene Receives Positive CHMP Opinion for OTEZLA(R) (apremilast), the First Oral PDE4 Inhibitor for the Treatment of Patients with Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis 1 view
- US manufacturing industry hits 8-month high: Markit 1 view
- Argentina Sees Trade Balance Pick Up 1 view
- Hulk Hogan(R), Chris Jericho(R), PaigeTM and Daniel Bryan(R) Headline New Season of WWE TOUGH ENOUGH(R) on USA Network Launching June 23 1 view
- US dollar rebounds as Ukraine tensions ease 1 view
- Canadian Dollar Treads Water on Divergent Data Releases 1 view
- UK Economy Said to Have Expanded 0.9% in Q1: NIESR 1 view
- Genesee & Wyoming Inc. Enters into Agreement to Acquire Freightliner Group Limited; Expands Rail Operations in the United Kingdom, Continental Europe and Australia 1 view
- US Housing Starts Rise Nearly 30 Percent YOY 1 view