NCR Silver Offers Small Businesses More Payment Options
The NCR SilverTM cloud-based point-of-sale (POS) system for small businesses is expanding payment acceptance options. The integration of NCR Silver with a growing number of payment alternatives, including Apple PayTM, Bitcoin and LevelUp, coincides with increasing consumer demand for smarter, safer and more seamless ways to pay.
These rollouts follow the previously announced integration of NCR Silver with PayPal. NCR Small Business is also working on chip and PIN (EMV) capability for later in 2015.
As depicted on a new infographic from NCR Small Business, mobile payments in the United States will reach $142 billion by 2019, up from $50 billion in 20141. That coincides with an expected five-year, $200 billion drop in cash use in the US in 20152.
Small business merchants such as Nanuet, NY-based Cloud99 Vapes appreciate the ability to offer diverse payment options to customers. The store has seen tremendous demand for bitcoin in particular.
“With the new integration, accepting bitcoin is as easy as running a credit card transaction,” said Cloud99 Vapes Co-owner Robert Testagrossa. “With our previous POS, we were using a hybrid system. It was inelegant and cumbersome. With NCR Silver, it’s completely seamless.”
These added capabilities are part of NCR Small Business’ ongoing strategy to offer a diverse set of integrated payment alternatives for small businesses and their customers.
“Cash and cards are no longer the only payments options accessible to small businesses and their customers,” said Reggie Kimble, NCR Small Business director of business development. “NCR Small Business understands the value digital payment alternatives provide small businesses in better serving consumers, and will continually advance the NCR Silver system to offer payment flexibility.”
For more insight on mobile payment trends and technology, take a look at NCR Small Business’ “What’s NOT in Your Wallet” infographic.
To learn more about NCR Silver’s features, visit the website, or call 1-877-630-9711. NCR Silver provides live, 7-day support and access to Silver SidewalkSM, a customer community portal with information and opportunities to connect with other members. NCR Silver tablet POS runs in the cloud, uses consumer-friendly technology, and works on Apple(R) devices running the latest iOS.
Source 1: Forrester Research
Source 2: ATM Marketplace, Aite Group
About NCR Corporation
NCR Corporation (NYSE:NCR) is the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With its software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables nearly 550 million transactions daily across retail, financial, travel, hospitality, telecom and technology, and small business. NCR solutions run the everyday transactions that make your life easier.
NCR is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia with approximately 29,000 employees and does business in 180 countries. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Web site: http://www.ncrsilver.com/
Apple, iPhone, iPad and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
- Eurozone Inflation Remains Perilously Low 1 view
- Strong Dollar Drives Commodities Losses 1 view
- New Relic Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering 1 view
- Western Union Offers Apple PayTM as New Pay-In Option for Money Transfer Customers 1 view
- Howard Marks On Luck And Skill In Investing 1 view
- MeetMe Launches New Virtual Currency Product “Stickers” Inside Chat 1 view
- US Manufacturing Survey Improves 1 view
- Janet Yellen’s major undertaking 1 view
- Australian Currency Feels Pressure of a Rate Cut 1 view
- Celgene Receives Positive CHMP Opinion for OTEZLA(R) (apremilast), the First Oral PDE4 Inhibitor for the Treatment of Patients with Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Hulk Hogan(R), Chris Jericho(R), PaigeTM and Daniel Bryan(R) Headline New Season of WWE TOUGH ENOUGH(R) on USA Network Launching June 23 1 view
- US dollar rebounds as Ukraine tensions ease 1 view
- Canadian Dollar Treads Water on Divergent Data Releases 1 view
- UK Economy Said to Have Expanded 0.9% in Q1: NIESR 1 view
- Genesee & Wyoming Inc. Enters into Agreement to Acquire Freightliner Group Limited; Expands Rail Operations in the United Kingdom, Continental Europe and Australia 1 view
- US Housing Starts Rise Nearly 30 Percent YOY 1 view
- US Dollar Index Gains as Euro, Pound Edge Lower 1 view
- The Federal Reserve Begins Its Two Day Meeting Today 1 view
- Daily Commentary – Forex Analysis 26/03/15 1 view
- Canadian Dollar Recovers from 3-Month Low as Trade Surplus Improves 1 view