Cobham Wireless and NI Partner for Cellular and Connectivity Applications
Cobham Wireless, formerly the Wireless Test Business of Aeroflex, and NI (Nasdaq: NATI), the provider of platform-based systems that enable engineers and scientists to solve the world’s greatest engineering challenges, today announced a worldwide partnership to service applications in cellular and connectivity with solutions based on PXI technology.
Under the terms of the agreement, NI acquires the existing Cobham PXI modular instruments hardware product line and becomes Cobham’s primary provider of PXI technology. The acquired PXI modular instruments will be manufactured by NI and supplied exclusively to Cobham for sale through the Cobham Wireless business unit’s direct sales channels and brand, which will ensure continuity and continued support for existing PXI-based customers. The companies will also collaborate to incorporate the latest NI PXI modular instruments, including the NI vector signal transceiver with LabVIEW FPGA, into Cobham’s next-generation cellular and connectivity test systems.
With the agreement, Cobham Wireless will become the NI Global Preferred Partner for Cellular and Connectivity Applications, part of the NI Alliance Partner Network.
“We are excited to partner with Cobham,” said Pete Zogas, senior vice president of Segments and Services at NI. “As wireless industry leaders, they have the resources necessary to provide solutions and services on a global scale. Our customers will benefit greatly from the combination of the NI platform and Cobham’s unique domain-specific expertise within the cellular and connectivity application space.”
Ian Langley, senior vice president and general manager of the Cobham Wireless Business Unit, said, “With increased test complexity and faster design cycles, we chose to build our RF and wireless test systems based on NI’s industry-leading PXI modular instrumentation technology. The combination of LabVIEW FPGA and the NI vector signal transceiver enables us to deliver products and solutions to our customers with optimum performance and the lowest cost of test.”
Companies testing the cellular and connectivity capabilities of their products are increasingly transitioning to a software-defined modular approach using PXI to lower test costs, shorten test times and provide flexibility to adapt to changing test requirements. Because of the partnership between Cobham and NI, customers will benefit from the expertise, reputation and support of Cobham in cellular and connectivity test applications with systems based on modular instrumentation from NI, the world leader in PXI.
Cobham (www.cobham.com) protects lives and livelihoods with its differentiated technology and know-how, operating with a deep insight into customer needs and agility. The Group offers an innovative range of technologies and services to solve challenging problems in harsh environments across commercial, defense and security markets, from deep space to the depths of the ocean, specializing in meeting the growing demand for data, connectivity and bandwidth.
Employing more than 12,000 people on five continents, the Group has customers and partners in over 100 countries, with market leading positions in: audio, video and data communications, including satellite communications; defense electronics; air-to-air refueling; aviation services; life support and mission equipment. In September 2014 Cobham completed its acquisition of Aeroflex, a leading global provider of high performance microelectronic components, and test and measurement equipment used by companies in the space, avionics, defense, commercial wireless communications, medical and other markets. Aeroflex’s Wireless Test Business has been integrated into Cobham’s Communications and Connectivity sector. The scale and complementary nature of this transaction is expected to enable Cobham to unlock significant synergy benefits, generating increased shareholder value, while supporting customers even more effectively.
Since 1976, NI (www.ni.com) has made it possible for engineers and scientists to solve the world’s greatest engineering challenges with powerful platform-based systems that accelerate productivity and drive rapid innovation. Customers from a wide variety of industries – from healthcare to automotive and from consumer electronics to particle physics – use NI’s integrated hardware and software platform to improve the world we live in.
About The NI Alliance Partner Network
The Alliance Partner Network is a program of more than 850 independent, third-party companies worldwide that provide engineers with complete solutions and high-quality products based on graphical system design. From products and systems to integration, consulting, and training services, NI Alliance Partners are uniquely equipped and skilled to help solve some of the toughest engineering challenges. Readers can learn more about the Alliance Partner Network at www.ni.com/alliance.
(c)2015 National Instruments. All rights reserved. LabVIEW, National Instruments, NI and ni.com are trademarks of National Instruments. Other product and company names listed are trademarks or trade names of their respective companies.
- AOL Furthers its Commitment to Investing in Women and Youth and Strengthening Local Communities with Launch of AOL Charitable Foundation 2 views
- Euro Cuts Losses as CPI Moderates at 0.5% 2 views
- The Hershey Company Unwraps Dramatically Different ‘Candy Experience’ at Winn-Dixie; Invests in the Future of the Candy Aisle Beyond Center Store 1 view
- Currency Markets Await Central Bank Decisions; Aussie Breaks Higher 1 view
- RingCentral Executive Kira Makagon Selected for YWCA Silicon Valley’s 2015 Tribute to Women Award 1 view
- Bitcoin at the centre of international drug trade 1 view
- Gold advances as risk-aversion creeps in 1 view
- AstraZeneca to Update on Progress with Immuno-Oncology Pipeline and Combination Treatments at ASCO 2015 1 view
- Three Wells Fargo Veterans to Lead Commercial Banking in SoCal 1 view
- US Wholesale Inventories Rise Only 0.1 Percent in July 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Euro Cuts Losses as CPI Moderates at 0.5% 2 views
- Retrophin Names Margaret Valeur-Jensen, Ph.D. as General Counsel 1 view
- Bank of Canada maintains rate targets, revises growth outlook 1 view
- Christopher Brody to Step down From Intuit Board of Directors; Richard Dalzell Nominated 1 view
- Metals Break Through Support Driving Mining Stocks Lower 1 view
- Moderation In US Inflation 1 view
- Stocks tread water amid strong housing data 1 view
- Dow Chemical Chooses TETRA Digital Radio Technology from Motorola Solutions for Its Operations in the Netherlands 1 view
- EA Announces Unravel, a Beautiful Physics-Based Puzzle Platformer 1 view