Yum! Brands’ Chief People Officer Anne Byerlein Named One of Forbes’ Top 10 Chief Human Resources Officers
Yum! Brands (NYSE:YUM) , one of the world’s largest restaurant companies with more than 41,000 KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell restaurants in over 125 countries and territories, announced today that Chief People Officer Anne Byerlein has been named one of Forbes’ Top 10 Chief Human Resources Officers (CHRO). The Top 10 CHRO list was developed by Mike Myatt, a Forbes contributor, author and leadership expert and advisor to Fortune 500 CEOs and Boards.
Yum! Brands, one of the world’s largest restaurant companies with more than 41,000 KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell restaurants in over 125 countries and territories, announced today that Chief People Officer Anne Byerlein has been named one of Forbes’ Top 10 Chief Human Resources Officers (CHRO). The Top 10 CHRO list was developed by Mike Myatt, a Forbes contributor, author and leadership expert and advisor to Fortune 500 CEOs and Boards. (Photo: Business Wire)
Byerlein, who has served as Chief People Officer since 2002, is one of an elite group of human resources executives on the list. In Myatt’s February 11 article on Forbes.com, he recognized Byerlein for her role in leading global Human Resources for Yum! Brands, which includes recruiting, staffing, benefits, people development and training, employee relations, diversity and inclusion, security, and facilities for more than 1.5 million employees and franchise associates across all the Company’s divisions. He noted that Byerlein has been behind many of the Company’s successes over the years. In addition, he said she has a reputation for strategic thinking, tactical precision and a nose for talent. Myatt also discussed how today’s successful CHROs are change agents who help fuel growth and development, corporate strategy and culture at their companies. To read Myatt’s article, visit: http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikemyatt/2015/02/11/my-picks-for-the-top-10-chros-why-it-matters/.
“It’s important that leaders in our company are Smart with Heart,” said Greg Creed, Chief Executive Officer, Yum! Brands. “Anne lives and breathes our culture and exemplifies someone who is Smart with Heart but also has the Courage to make the big decisions that drive successful results. Her recognition is well deserved and demonstrates our Company’s focus on building people capability at all levels.”
Yum! Brands was recognized late last year as one of the Aon Hewitt Top Companies for Leaders(R) in North America for its comprehensive leadership development programs and practices. Over the years, Yum! has created a unique people-first culture that is centered around reward and recognition to drive results. Yum! Brands’ approach to developing talent is customized and highly interactive. The Company creates programs and offers training and tools around the world – for restaurant team members to Restaurant Support Center employees – in order to unlock individual talent and foster business and personal growth. Some examples include:
- Yum! University – Yum! University is a worldwide learning and development platform that offers courses and workshops designed to teach the skills and behaviors to build the capability of above-restaurant leaders around the world. Yum! University offers classroom and online courses, with over 35 million online courses completed in the past few years alone.
- Achieving Breakthrough Results (ABR) – ABR is a high-impact leadership and action-planning training that Yum! has cascaded to its employees and franchisees around the globe to drive breakthrough thinking and innovation. ABR provides associates with more than 50 tools and concepts aimed at high performance.
- Taking People With You (TPWY) – Yum! Brands’ Executive Chairman, David Novak, developed and trained his Taking People With You leadership program to thousands of managers and franchisees worldwide for 17 years. The training – along with Novak’s best-selling book based on the program, TAKING PEOPLE WITH YOU: The Only Way to Make BIG Things Happen – offers a step-by-step guide to key aspects of leadership such as setting big goals, getting others on board and achieving break-through results. The Company has cascaded the training in 11 different languages, reaching more than 50,000 restaurant general managers and above restaurant leaders globally.
- Sales Overnight, Brand Over Time – Yum! Brands’ CEO, Greg Creed, teaches associates the Sales Overnight, Brand Over Time program. The training is designed to help associates build a successful marketing mindset. The interactive experience focuses on developing a better understanding of how each brand’s identity comes to life in everything they do. Attendees include franchise partners and marketers from Taco Bell, Pizza Hut and KFC.
- Tuition Reimbursement and Scholarships – Yum! wants to make learning and career development accessible to as many of its associates as possible. In the U.S., the Company provides salaried associates with tuition reimbursement opportunities. In addition, through Yum!’s Andy Pearson Scholarship Program, the Company has awarded 2,500 scholarships and nearly $6 million in grants to associates since 2003.
Yum! Brands, Inc., based in Louisville, Kentucky, has over 41,000 restaurants in more than 125 countries and territories. Yum! is ranked #216 on the Fortune 500 List with revenues of over $13 billion and in 2014 was named among the top 100 Corporate Citizens by Corporate Responsibility Magazine. The Company’s restaurant brands – KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell – are the global leaders of the chicken, pizza and Mexican-style food categories. Outside the United States, the Yum! Brands system opened over five new restaurants per day, making it a leader in international retail development.
Sorry. No data so far.