ScanSource Announces Go-Live Implementation of SAP Enterprise Resource Planning System in Europe
ScanSource, Inc. (NASDAQ:SCSC) , the leading international value-added distributor of specialty technology products, today announced the successful implementation of its SAP(R) Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system in its European operations.
On February 2, 2015, ScanSource began using the SAP ERP application in Europe to support its growing business, as the ERP system allows for the enhancement of business processes and creation of efficiencies to meet the needs of its operations globally.
“SAP is the market leader in enterprise application software, and we are delighted to have the capabilities that the software provides. As we continue to broaden our worldwide footprint, it’s imperative to have an efficient, flexible, nimble organization to ensure our focus remains on continuing to provide the highest-quality experience for our reseller and vendor partners,” said Blake Zemp, CIO, ScanSource, Inc. “Our team’s dedication and effort resulted in our going live in Europe on time and on budget, and our European vendor and reseller partners have a stronger partner with a stable and scalable system to meet their needs and support their future growth. The Europe implementation lays a solid foundation for our transition to this new system in North America later this year.”
SAP Consulting Services acted as the prime system integrator on the project, which leveraged the best practices of SAP for Wholesale Distribution software solution. Using SAP’s innovative technology, including its SAP for HANA high-speed data analytics platform, the project was completed within its 13-month timeframe.
About ScanSource, Inc.
ScanSource, Inc. (NASDAQ:SCSC) is the leading international distributor of specialty technology products, focusing on point-of-sale (POS) and barcode, communications and physical security solutions. ScanSource’s teams provide value-added services and operate from two technology segments, Worldwide Barcode & Security and Worldwide Communications & Services. ScanSource is committed to helping its reseller customers choose, configure, and deliver the industry’s best products across almost every vertical market in North America, Latin America and Europe. Founded in 1992, the Company ranks #751 on the Fortune 1000. For more information, visit www.scansource.com.
SAP and other SAP products and services mentioned herein as well as their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP SE (or an SAP affiliate company) in Germany and other countries. See http://www.sap.com/corporate-en/legal/copyright/index.epx for additional trademark information and notices.
All other product and service names mentioned are the trademarks of their respective companies.
- THE JOKER and Harley Quinn Bring Havoc, Chaos, Twists and Spins as Two New Rides Open for the 2015 Season 2 views
- Neustar Names Adobe Systems Veteran Carl Steffens as Vice President of Demand & Field Marketing 1 view
- US Building Permits Fall in December 1 view
- Aussie edges higher ahead of RBA minutes 1 view
- Aussie Surges Following GDP Beat 1 view
- ECA Medical Instruments Develops First Disposable Spinal Instrument Fixation Kit to Gain FDA Approval with Intelligent Implant Systems 1 view
- Earnings Drive Stocks; Momentum Investors Slow to Rebound 1 view
- Jensen Joins Spirit Realty Capital, Inc. As Vice President – Investor Relations 1 view
- LSIS Accelerates Delivery of Smart Train Control System with Comprehensive Wind River Solution 1 view
- Quintiles Appoints Elgar Peerschke as President of Advisory Services 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- EUR/USD recovery: Short-lived? 1 view
- Stocks move lower led down by consumer stocks 1 view
- Further Weakness In Eurozone Manufacturing 1 view
- Commerce Bank Introduces New Visa(R) Rewards and Signature Rewards Credit Card Affiliations 1 view
- Community Bank Shares of Indiana, Inc. Names New Board Member 1 view
- Scripps Networks Interactive Appoints Mary Talbott as Corporate Secretary 1 view
- Sterling Bounces After Solid Production and Retail Data 1 view
- Hugh C. Tappan Appointed President of HCA’s South Atlantic Division 1 view
- Sterling Breaks Out; Focus Turns to US PMI and Claim 1 view