PECO Prepared for Forecasted High Winds and Winter Weather
PECO’s emergency response organization has been activated and the company is mobilizing additional field and office personnel in preparation for high winds forecasted to blow through the region Saturday evening into Sunday. High winds and wind gusts can bring tree limbs into contact with power lines and damage electrical equipment. PECO crews are ready to respond to any outages that might occur, repairing storm damage and safely restoring service to customers as quickly as possible.
PECO reminds customers to stay safe during extreme weather and prepare for possible storm damage. Customers should:
- Contact PECO immediately at 1-800-841-4141, peco.com or PECO Smart Mobile On-the-Go, the company’s mobile enhanced website, if they experience any outages or natural gas issues.
- Customers should stay away from downed wires, damaged electric equipment, and tree limbs and branches contacting electrical equipment. Always assume PECO’s equipment is energized – even if there is an outage in your neighborhood. Report these dangerous conditions to PECO immediately at 1-800-841-4141.
- Never use an oven or other cooking device as a heat source for your home.
- Read and adhere to generator manufacturer instructions for safe operation. Never connect generators directly to your home’s wiring. Never use a generator indoors or in an attached garage.
- Customers with special needs, such as those who may be elderly, disabled or dependent on electricity for medical equipment, should have alternate arrangements in place in case of an extended power outage.
- Check on elderly neighbors and relatives during the extreme cold.
- Have a supply of bottled water and easy-to-prepare, non-perishable foods available.
- Charge cell phones and other mobile devices.
- Have a flashlight with fresh batteries on each floor of your home.
More safety and storm preparation tips are available at peco.com/safety.
Based in Philadelphia, PECO is an electric and natural gas utility subsidiary of Exelon Corporation (NYSE:EXC) . PECO serves 1.6 million electric and more than 500,000 natural gas customers in southeastern Pennsylvania and employs about 2,400 people in the region. PECO delivered 85.7 billion cubic feet of natural gas and 37.8 billion kilowatt-hours of electricity in 2013. Founded in 1881, PECO is one of the Greater Philadelphia Region’s most active corporate citizens, providing leadership, volunteer and financial support to numerous arts and culture, education, environmental, economic development and community programs and organizations. For more information visit PECO.com, and connect with the company on Facebook and Twitter.
If you are a member of the media and would like to receive PECO news releases via e-mail please send your e-mail address to PECO.Communication@exeloncorp.com
Sorry. No data so far.