Greece’s Leading Telecommunications Operator WIND Hellas Enhances Subscribers Mobile Video Experience with Citrix ByteMobile Adaptive Traffic Management Platform
Citrix today announced that WIND Hellas, a leading telecommunications operator in Greece, has successfully deployed its ByteMobile Adaptive Traffic Management platform as well as its carrier-grade NetScaler application delivery controller (ADC) within the mobile core of the WIND Hellas network. The deployment enables WIND to increase the uptake of mobile data services while improving the average subscriber’s mobile data experience, notably by reducing the incidence of video stalling.
WIND Hellas, which services more than 4.5 million customers, is one of the largest telecommunications companies in Greece offering mobile, fixed and Internet services. WIND Hellas was began its business activities in the Greek market in June of 1993, when the first mobile phone call was made in Greece. Since 1992, the company has evolved as a leader in the mobile technology, introducing innovative products, which changed consumer standards.
To deliver its solutions to WIND, Citrix partnered with mSensis, a European system and software provider serving a growing base of leading private enterprises and public organizations in the sectors of Telecommunication, Financial Services and Media. As a European system integrator, mSensis focuses on next generation technologies offering a broad portfolio of mobile solutions: mMarketing, mCare, mFinancials, mMessaging, mNetworking, and mAnalytics based upon a proven track record, business intelligence and innovative, multipurpose communication platform. While actively engaged in the field of mobile applications, mSensis helps enable the effective implementation of business ideas and the adoption of marketing initiatives.
Dr. George Sarigiannidis, Chairman and CEO, mSensis
“mSensis is proud to have cooperated with Citrix to successfully integrate the specific platform in WIND Hellas network and IT ecosystem. Furthermore, mSensis will continue to work with Citrix to offer best of value first and second line support services. Anticipating the future, we foresee the current system as a framework of additional IP based services for WIND’s subscribers.”
Chris Koopmans, VP & GM, ByteMobile Business Unit at Citrix
“The strategic decision by WIND Hellas to work with Citrix demonstrates to the industry that WIND wants the best possible experience for subscribers accessing mobile web and video content. As a telecoms pioneer, WIND understands the clear and critical importance of both customer satisfaction and ensuring maximum asset utilization.”
- Announcement: Citrix Data Reveal New Global Trends in Consumer and Enterprise
- Blog: WIND Hellas and the Mobile Subscriber Win-Win
Citrix (NASDAQ:CTXS) is leading the transition to software-defining the workplace, uniting virtualization, mobility management, networking and SaaS solutions to enable new ways for businesses and people to work better. Citrix solutions power business mobility through secure, mobile workspaces that provide people with instant access to apps, desktops, data and communications on any device, over any network and cloud. With annual revenue in 2014 of $3.14 billion, Citrix solutions are in use at more than 330,000 organizations and by over 100 million users globally. Learn more at www.citrix.com.
For Citrix Investors
This release contains forward-looking statements which are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. The forward-looking statements in this release do not constitute guarantees of future performance. Those statements involve a number of factors that could cause actual results to differ materially, including risks associated with the impact of the global economy and uncertainty in the IT spending environment, revenue growth and recognition of revenue, products and services, their development and distribution, product demand and pipeline, economic and competitive factors, the Company’s key strategic relationships, as well as other risks detailed in the Company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Citrix assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking information contained in this press release or with respect to the announcements described herein. The development, release and timing of any features or functionality described for our products remains at our sole discretion and are subject to change without notice or consultation. The information provided is for informational purposes only and is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions or incorporated into any contract.
(c) 2015 Citrix Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. Citrix, ByteMobile and NetScaler are trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one or more of its subsidiaries, and may be registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.
- US pending home sales decline sharply in October 1 view
- A Widening of the Yield Curve should Help Banks 1 view
- Western Union Offers Apple PayTM as New Pay-In Option for Money Transfer Customers 1 view
- Daily Commentary 20/01/2015 1 view
- Stocks Hold Steady After Yellen Nominated as Fed Chair 1 view
- A High Impact News Week 1 view
- Canadian Dollar Slips on Weak GDP 1 view
- SanDisk Unveils the World’s Highest Capacity microSDTM Card 1 view
- Dex Media and Yext Sign Agreement to Expand Small Business Internet Marketing Offerings 1 view
- Berry Genomics NextSeq CN500 Instrument and Non-Invasive Prenatal Testing Reagent Kit Receives Chinese FDA Premarket Clearance 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Government shutdown prompts trepidation to the capital markets 1 view
- Trading Outlook – GBP/CAD 1 view
- Enlighten 3 with Forge puts Greater Control of Dynamic Lighting in the Hands of Artists 1 view
- 3 December Forex daily review 1 view
- Stocks flat, US Dollar declines following FOMC minutes 1 view
- Canadian dollar holds ground despite weak retail sales data 1 view
- INVESTOR ALERT: Investigation of 21Vianet Group, Inc. Announced by Glancy Binkow & Goldberg LLP 1 view
- Softness Evident In US Manufacturing 1 view
- Detroit pensioners helped bankrupt the city: report 1 view
- Unilever Acquires Talenti(R) Gelato & Sorbetto 1 view