CoreSite Achieves “Six 9s” Availability for Fourth Consecutive Year
CoreSite Realty Corporation (NYSE:COR) , a premier provider of secure, reliable, high-performance data center solutions across the US, announced today that for the fourth consecutive year it has achieved an average uptime exceeding 99.9999 percent, or “six 9s”, across its platform of data center facilities.
Six 9s availability reduces unscheduled downtime to less than 32 seconds per year against CoreSite’s 100 percent uptime service level agreement. By contrast, five 9s uptime, the uptime average of many other colocation data center providers, correlates to downtime exceeding five minutes annually. When compared to five 9s, six 9s availability provides businesses with nearly 10 times the statistical reliability in the data center environment.
“Once again, we are pleased to be a leading provider of data center reliability,” said Tom Ray, CEO at CoreSite. “Our historical six 9s uptime record underscores our commitment to delivering our customers the highest level of reliability and security, along with high-performance solutions and a customer experience that we believe is the best in the industry.”
The reliability of CoreSite data centers hinges on maintaining strict standards of excellence for the company’s staff and facilities. CoreSite on-site facility and security staff undergo rigorous internal training and recurring exams that each employee must pass to reach specified levels of accountability. CoreSite facilities are PCI DSS and SSAE 16 SOC 1 Type 2 validated, providing an additional, third-party review of the reliability of CoreSite’s infrastructure and systems.
CoreSite Realty Corporation (NYSE:COR) delivers secure, reliable, high-performance data center solutions across eight key North American markets. More than 800 of the world’s leading enterprises, network operators, cloud providers, and supporting service providers choose CoreSite to connect, protect and optimize their performance-sensitive data, applications and computing workloads. Our scalable, flexible solutions and 350+ dedicated employees consistently deliver unmatched data center options — all of which leads to a best-in-class customer experience and lasting relationships. For more information, visit www.CoreSite.com.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release may contain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the federal securities laws. Forward-looking statements relate to expectations, beliefs, projections, future plans and strategies, anticipated events or trends and similar expressions concerning matters that are not historical facts. In some cases, you can identify forward-looking statements by the use of forward-looking terminology such as “believes,” “expects,” “may,” “will,” “should,” “seeks,” “approximately,” “intends,” “plans,” “pro forma,” “estimates” or “anticipates” or the negative of these words and phrases or similar words or phrases that are predictions of or indicate future events or trends and that do not relate solely to historical matters. Forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties, assumptions and contingencies, many of which are beyond CoreSite’s control, that may cause actual results to differ significantly from those expressed in any forward-looking statement. These risks include, without limitation: the geographic concentration of CoreSite’s data centers in certain markets and any adverse developments in local economic conditions or the demand for data center space in these markets; fluctuations in interest rates and increased operating costs; difficulties in identifying properties to acquire and completing acquisitions; significant industry competition; CoreSite’s failure to obtain necessary outside financing; CoreSite’s failure to qualify or maintain its status as a REIT; financial market fluctuations; changes in real estate and zoning laws and increases in real property tax rates; and other factors affecting the real estate industry generally. All forward-looking statements reflect CoreSite’s good faith beliefs, assumptions and expectations, but they are not guarantees of future performance. Furthermore, CoreSite disclaims any obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement to reflect changes in underlying assumptions or factors, of new information, data or methods, future events or other changes. For a further discussion of these and other factors that could cause CoreSite’s future results to differ materially from any forward-looking statements, see the section entitled “Risk Factors” in CoreSite’s most recent annual report on Form 10-K, and other risks described in documents subsequently filed by CoreSite from time to time with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Forex Trading Tips – selling opportunities EUR/AUD 2 views
- Feeding America Furthers Its Mission of Fighting Hunger by Increasing Operational Efficiencies with Ultimate Software’s UltiPro 1 view
- Eurozone Current Account Falls Further 1 view
- Yen Rises Against Dollar Following BoJ Decision to Keep Monetary Policy Unchanged 1 view
- AUD/USD Hits Resistance 1 view
- Surprise Increase In Spanish Unemployment Numbers 1 view
- Currency markets consolidate ahead of Federal Reserve meeting 1 view
- Fall In German Confidence Readings 1 view
- US stocks fall, S&P’s longest rally in 7 months snapped 1 view
- Italian Inflation Continues To Fall 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Forex Trading Tips – selling opportunities EUR/AUD 2 views
- Canadian dollar: Weekly outlook 1 view
- US Employment Growth Eases in December as Jobless Rate Falls to 5-Year Lows 1 view
- Leverage in Currency Markets Takes its Toll on Brokers 1 view
- Euro Gets Whipsawed Focus Turns to Zew Survey and Retail Sales 1 view
- US Wholesale Inventories Rise 0.3 Percent in December 1 view
- More Than 200 Kids Test Their “IRONMAN” Skills at UnitedHealthcare IRONKIDS Las Vegas Fun Run 1 view
- Western Union Offers Apple PayTM as New Pay-In Option for Money Transfer Customers 1 view
- Russia’s GDP Stagnation 1 view
- MasterCard Pops on Spending Growth 1 view