Juniper Networks Enables Faster Service Creation and Simplified Management for Telcos with Expanded Routing Portfolio
Juniper Networks (NYSE:JNPR) , the industry leader in network innovation, today announced additions to its routing portfolio that expand the company’s Carrier Ethernet offerings. The new Juniper Networks(R) ACX500 and ACX5000 routers, as well as enhancements to the Junos(R) Space Network Management Platform software, will enable service providers to handle added capacity and accelerate service orchestration and provisioning more cost-effectively than ever before.
With these new products, Juniper is continuing to build out its mobile IP portfolio to deliver a holistic approach that will enable more efficient mobile service creation. When combined with Juniper’s existing offerings, such as the Service Control Gateway and MX Series routing platforms, Juniper delivers IP/MPLS solutions that can flexibly enable new services at an optimized cost. Additionally, Juniper’s Carrier Ethernet solution seamlessly blends hardware and software to address service providers’ growing need to support mobile backhaul and metro Ethernet coverage on one common heterogeneous network infrastructure.
Mobile service providers are facing exponential demands for bandwidth and service coverage, which they are increasingly addressing with small cells. However, with rising traffic demands coming from numerous small cells, the need to aggregate and streamline their management requires a more robust backhaul network that can maintain service quality at scale.
Purpose-built to mitigate capacity challenges associated with ever-sophisticated LTE networks, the ACX500 also features the industry’s first integrated GPS receiver to enhance the accuracy of cell signal hand-off, thereby diminishing dropped calls, improving location-based services, such as E911 emergency calls, and bolstering the quality of video streaming for on-the-go consumers. The ACX500 has extensible and customizable service options, is fan-less, hardened and designed for indoor or outdoor use.
As the industry’s only Carrier Ethernet router that can embed virtualized functions directly within the network fabric, Juniper’s new ACX5000 aggregates various networks, including small cells, macro cells and residential and commercial broadband networks. As access transforms from 1GE to 10GE speeds, this platform provides ideal investment protection by allowing seamless and cost-effective software-based port upgrades. With market-leading 10G and 40G densities, ACX5000 can deliver a cost-effective, high-performance aggregation platform that gives service providers a more efficient and manageable Metro Ethernet solution, greatly reducing operational expenses. The ACX5000 supports Kernel Virtual Machine (KVM)-compliant network function virtualization for rapid creation of advanced services, such as network analytics, security services and subscriber-specific virtualized network functions.
Simplified Provisioning and Management
Since service provisioning in the Carrier Ethernet network can often be a time-consuming and resource-intensive task, Juniper is also introducing support for these new devices in its Junos Space Connectivity Services Director and Junos Space Cross Provisioning Platform software. This enables automated provisioning of Carrier Ethernet services across multi-vendor networks for IP and Ethernet services.
- The ACX500 router, which will be available in Q2 2015, will deliver best-in-class small cell routing with integrated security and high precision timing capabilities with less than 0.5 microsecond phase accuracy to support LTE and LTE-Advanced deployments, which are important capabilities required by mobile service providers.
- Available in Q1 2015, the ACX5000 will be the highest density terabit scale Carrier Ethernet router in the market with 10GE metro Ethernet distribution and aggregation with 40GE interfaces.
- As an added enhancement to the Junos Space Network Management Platform, the Connectivity Services Director and Cross Provisioning Platform ensure unified network management of Ethernet services on multi-vendor carrier networks, shortening time to deployment and reducing total cost of operation.
- To help simplify the delivery of managed services, Juniper Networks ContrailTM has the ability to orchestrate billable subscriber service creation. In addition, the NorthStar Controller can manage and optimize seamless MPLS on the Carrier Ethernet network.
- When used in conjunction with Juniper Networks MX Series routers, ACX Series routers can distribute integrated capabilities to the edge, such as MX LTE Security Gateway and Service Control Gateway functionality, which enable customers to implement service chains at scale.
“Juniper Networks is continuing to deliver a holistic approach to effectively executing small cell backhaul and Carrier Ethernet deployments by integrating physical infrastructure with virtual services. These new solutions enhance the mobile subscriber experience and improve profit margins for service providers by cost-effectively meeting operational challenges with the zero-touch rapid deployment and delivering seamless access for new, high-bandwidth services.”
- Mike Marcellin, senior vice president of marketing and strategy at Juniper Networks
- Blog: ACX500 Universal Access Routers: High Density, Low Cost Solution Enhances Provider Profitability by Gurkirpal Singh
- Blog: How the ACX5000 Addresses Emerging Access and Aggregation Layer Market Drivers by Sasha Cirkovic
- Juniper.net Community: www.juniper.net/community
- Juniper on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Junipernetworks
- Juniper on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JuniperNetworks
About Juniper Networks in Routing
Juniper Networks was born from a willingness to challenge conventional thinking. Our routing solutions are the result of some of the industry’s most groundbreaking innovations across every aspect of networking technology: in silicon, systems and software. They continue to be the industry benchmark for performance, scale and rapid services deployment, giving customers a competitive advantage as they set out to build the best networks on the planet.
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks (NYSE:JNPR) delivers innovation across routing, switching and security. From the network core down to consumer devices, Juniper Networks’ innovations in software, silicon and systems transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.
Statements in this press release concerning Juniper Networks’ prospects, future products and prospective benefits to customers are forward-looking statements that involve a number of uncertainties and risks. Actual results or events could differ materially from those anticipated in those forward-looking statements as a result of certain factors, including delays in scheduled product availability, the company’s failure to accurately predict emerging technological trends, and other factors listed in Juniper Networks’ most recent reports on Form 10-K and 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. All statements made in this press release are made only as of the date of this press release. Juniper Networks undertakes no obligation to update the information in this release in the event facts or circumstances subsequently change after the date of this press release. Any future product, feature, enhancement or related specification that may be referenced in this press release are for information purposes only, are subject to change at any time without notice and are not commitments to deliver any future product, feature, enhancement or related specification. The information contained in this press release is intended to outline Juniper Networks’ general product direction and should not be relied on in making a purchasing decision.
Sorry. No data so far.