First Trust Mortgage Income Fund Declares its Monthly Common Share Distribution of $0.085 Per Share for March
First Trust Mortgage Income Fund (the “Fund”) (NYSE:FMY) has declared the Fund’s regularly scheduled monthly common share distribution in the amount of $0.085 per share payable on March 16, 2015, to shareholders of record as of March 4, 2015. The ex-dividend date is expected to be March 2, 2015. The monthly distribution information for the Fund appears below.
First Trust Mortgage Income Fund (FMY):
|Distribution per share:||$0.085|
|Distribution Rate based on the February 18, 2015 NAV of $16.64:||6.13%|
|Distribution Rate based on the February 18, 2015 closing market price of $14.90:||6.85%|
The majority, and possibly all, of this distribution will be paid out of net investment income earned by the Fund. A portion of this distribution may come from net short-term realized capital gains or return of capital. The final determination of the source and tax status of all distributions paid in 2015 will be made after the end of 2015.
The Fund is a diversified, closed-end management investment company that seeks to provide a high level of current income. As a secondary objective, the Fund seeks to preserve capital. The Fund pursues these investment objectives by investing primarily in mortgage-backed securities representing part ownership in a pool of either residential or commercial mortgage loans that, in the opinion of the Fund’s investment sub-advisor, offer an attractive combination of credit quality, yield and maturity.
First Trust Advisors L.P., the Fund’s investment advisor, along with its affiliate, First Trust Portfolios L.P., are privately-held companies which provide a variety of investment services, including asset management and financial advisory services, with collective assets under management or supervision of approximately $106 billion as of January 30, 2015, through unit investment trusts, exchange-traded funds, closed-end funds, mutual funds and separate managed accounts.
Brookfield is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Brookfield Asset Management, a global alternative asset manager with approximately $200 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2014. Brookfield Asset Management has over a 100-year history of owning and operating assets with a focus on property, renewable power, infrastructure and private equity. Brookfield Asset Management’s public market activities are conducted by Brookfield, a registered investment advisor, with over $18 billion of assets under management as of December 31, 2014.
Past performance is no assurance of future results. Investment return and market value of an investment in the Fund will fluctuate. Shares, when sold, may be worth more or less than their original cost.
Principal Risk Factors: Investment in this Fund involves investment and market risk, management risk, credit risk, prepayment risk, reinvestment risk, interest rate risk, floating rate CMOs and inverse floating rate CMOs risk, bond market risk, economic sector risk, inflation risk, U.S. government securities risk, government agency risk, asset-backed securities risk, market discount risk, leverage risk, interest rate transactions risk, derivatives risk, market disruption risk, portfolio turnover risk, tax risk relating to investments in certain REMICs, and illiquid/restricted securities risk. The risks of investing in the Fund are spelled out in the shareholder reports and other regulatory filings.
The Fund’s daily closing New York Stock Exchange price and net asset value per share as well as other information can be found at www.ftportfolios.com or by calling 1-800-988-5891.
- Stocks close out worst week since June 2 views
- Base Metals Rally, Despite Declines in other Commodities 1 view
- Silver Consolidates After Historic Fall 1 view
- MoSys to Present Scalable SDN/NFV Acceleration Using Bandwidth Engine to Support up to Terabit Networks at the Linley Tech Carrier Conference 2015 1 view
- Euro Slides Further Following Weak PMI Report 1 view
- Christopher Brody to Step down From Intuit Board of Directors; Richard Dalzell Nominated 1 view
- Stocks flat, US Dollar declines following FOMC minutes 1 view
- FOREX Watch: Pound sterling soars as unemployment drops to 7.7 percent 1 view
- Outlook on the US dollar ahead of FOMC minutes, key data 1 view
- Improvement In South African Retail Sales 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Stocks close out worst week since June 2 views
- Hillary Ebach to become vice president, general counsel for Journal Media Group 1 view
- Stocks Hold Upward Sloping Trend 1 view
- Euro Production Figures Vindicate ECB Decision 1 view
- Aussie Approaches 0.94 US ahead of RBA Meeting Minutes 1 view
- Spain’s PPI Falls Further 1 view
- Dollar Rebounds a Risk Trade is Revived 1 view
- Kohl’s Delivers New Active and Wellness Solutions to Families Nationwide 1 view
- Slow day in the market as trade in U.S. finished early 1 view
- Retail sales lift Canadian dollar 1 view