Comcast Business Named Fastest Growing Ethernet Provider on Vertical Systems Group’s Year-End 2014 U.S. Carrier Ethernet LEADERBOARD
Comcast Business today announced that it was named the fastest growing Ethernet provider on Vertical Systems Group’s 2014 U.S. Carrier Ethernet LEADERBOARD. This is the second consecutive year that Comcast Business was named the fastest growing Ethernet provider, which helped drive its ranking up two spots to sixth on the research firm’s latest LEADERBOARD based on year-end 2014 U.S. business Ethernet port share results. Vertical Systems Group is recognized worldwide as a leading market research firm and its LEADERBOARD is the industry’s foremost benchmark for measuring Ethernet provider market presence based on billable retail port installations.
“Businesses of all sizes and across multiple industries are moving to Ethernet as their day-to-day operations become increasingly reliant on their networks, particularly to data centers and cloud services,” said Scott Cassell, senior director of product management for Comcast Business. “Our continued growth and movement up the LEADERBOARD underscores how our comprehensive Ethernet portfolio and unparalleled network reach are finally bringing competitive choice and Gigabit connectivity to more businesses so they can improve operations and better serve their customers.”
Underscoring the company’s Ethernet momentum, Comcast Business was also recently recognized with four 2014 Ethernet Excellence Awards from the Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF), including Best Service of the Year in North America (Ethernet @Home), Best Application of the Year in Health (Cooper University Health Care), Best Application of the Year in Government (Cumberland County Library System), and Ethernet Industry Person of the Year (Bill Stemper, president of Comcast Business).
Comcast Business’s movement up the LEADERBOARD can be attributed to more businesses moving to Ethernet, rollouts of new Ethernet products, along with significant customer traction across a number of key vertical markets in the past year, including:
- Data Center & Cloud Connectivity - C7 Data Centers, Continuum Data Centers and others are expanding network connectivity options with secure, scalable, high-performance Ethernet services from Comcast Business. The company also unveiled a new Ethernet-focused data center and cloud services program to provide customers with more efficient access to multiple cloud services.
- Healthcare – regional hospitals, health systems and outpatient facilities, such as Golden Valley Health Centers, Alliance, Inc., Cooper University Health Care, and Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System, moved to Comcast Business Ethernet for the performance and reliability to support electronic medical records, telemedicine and other digital healthcare initiatives.
- Federal Government – through a Schedule 70 contract with the General Services Administration (GSA), federal government agencies can now turn to Comcast Business Ethernet for secure, reliable, high-performance connectivity to integrate key sites like data centers, regional offices and headquarters.
- Education – local school districts and private academies, such as Community High School District 128, Mercersburg Academy, Oakland Unified School District and Springfield Public Schools are using Comcast Business Ethernet to deliver the increasingly mobile and digital educational experience and online assessments of today’s 21st Century learning environments.
- Professional Sports & Stadiums – the San Francisco 49ers, Tennessee Titans and other professional sports teams are looking to create stadiums of the future and a connected game day experience by providing scalable Internet through Comcast Business Ethernet.
“As our market analysis indicates, Ethernet’s momentum continued in 2014 – in fact, solid market demand for higher bandwidth services boosted the U.S. base of Ethernet port installations by 23 percent,” said Rick Malone, principal at Vertical Systems Group. “As the fastest growing Ethernet provider on the LEADERBOARD for the second consecutive year, Comcast Business is taking advantage of the market’s transition to Ethernet and is well positioned in 2015 due to its extensive fiber network footprint – which our research says is a top competitive advantage for Ethernet service providers.”
About Comcast Business
Comcast Business, a unit of Comcast Cable, provides advanced communication solutions to help organizations of all sizes meet their business objectives. Through a next-generation network that is backed by 24/7 technical support, Comcast delivers Business Internet, Ethernet, TV and a full portfolio of Voice services for cost-effective, simplified communications management.
For more information, call 866-429-3085.
About Comcast Cable
Comcast Cable is the nation’s largest video, high-speed Internet and phone provider to residential customers under the XFINITY brand and also provides these services to businesses. Comcast has invested in technology to build an advanced network that delivers among the fastest broadband speeds, and brings customers personalized video, communications and home management offerings. Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) is a global media and technology company. Visit www.comcastcorporation.com for more information.
About Vertical Systems Group
Vertical Systems Group is recognized worldwide as a leading market research and strategic consulting firm specializing in defensible quantification of the networking industry. For more information see www.verticalsystems.com. Follow us on Twitter @VerticalSys.
Sorry. No data so far.