Aerohive Networks Continues to Gain New Customers in K-12 Schools and Higher Education Institutions
Aerohive Networks(R) (NYSE:HIVE) , a leader in controller-less Wi-Fi and cloud-managed mobile networking, today announced that many U.S. K-12 School Districts and Higher Ed campuses rely on its robust wireless platform for their 1-to-1 and BYOD initiatives. Aerohive’s products have positioned many of today’s schools to handle the uptick in wireless devices and adapt for modern digital learning environments. Aerohive’s unique controller-less technology and cloud-based infrastructure provides teachers and students with access to reliable, secure and scalable wireless connectivity, while providing IT directors with low-cost and easy-to-deploy and manage WLAN solutions.
- Today, technology has become more ingrained in educational institutions, and the demand for schools to deliver 21st century classrooms has rapidly increased. More than ever, mobile devices are implemented as part of K-12 and higher education learning programs, and students are increasingly encouraged to bring their own devices (BYOD) to school. But with an “always on, always connected” student body also comes increased demand on the wireless network.
- Aerohive’s controller-less, WLAN architecture allows for easy and cost-effective deployment, necessary for highly distributed education environments with limited resources and IT budgets. In today’s modern classroom, secure, fast and reliable wireless access is mission-critical for 21st century learning and instruction.
- Aerohive’s growing list of education customers include some of the largest school districts in the United States, such as Broward County Public Schools (7th largest), Palm Beach County School District (11th largest), Montgomery County Schools (18th largest), Baltimore County Public Schools (26th largest), School District of Lee County (38th largest), Greenville County Public School District (48th largest) and Virginia Beach City Public Schools (50th largest). Other key education customers include the Vancouver School Board, Hathaway Brown School, Ormiston Senior College, Tennessee Tech University, West Valley Mission Community College, Fresno City College and the UK’s largest not-for-profit college of higher education, Regent’s College London.
- In October 2014, Aerohive announced that it is joining with Apple to donate equipment to local K-12 schools in conjunction with the U.S. government’s ConnectED initiative, which aims to encourage equal access to digital learning. Aerohive is the only Wi-Fi infrastructure company to provide connectivity alongside Apple to the 114 schools Apple has identified to receive $100M worth of Apple products.
- Aerohive’s AP230 access point combines 802.11ac Gigabit Wi-Fi technology with advanced security and mobility management that allows high-speed Wi-Fi to be deployed to every campus and classroom, cutting high IT costs with seamless remote management and zero-touch installation. Aerohive’s network management system HiveManager(R) Online provides school IT administrators the ability to centrally manage networks, gain visibility and enable easy system access from any wireless connected device.
- Other education-focused networking solutions from Aerohive include StudentManager and TeacherView. Aerohive’s StudentManager is a powerful WLAN monitoring and reporting system that includes TeacherView, a student monitoring and access control system. With TeacherView, educators gain at-a-glance visibility into student connectivity without having to walk around the classroom. This solution also provides a suite of features including student information system integration, lesson planning and CIO-level reporting for classes, schools and districts.
- Aerohive products also provide built-in application visibility and control and firewalling to help meet the conditions and requirements of the Child Internet Protection Act, a federal technology protection measure that requires K-12 schools to filter harmful content.
- In addition, Aerohive is one of the network vendors helping expand cost-effective, resilient and high-speed Wi-Fi to more than 10 million students in 2015 as part of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) update to the E-Rate program. The FCC’s update order focuses on assuring high-speed and reliable Wi-Fi for schools and libraries, transitioning support away from legacy technologies.
- Aerohive’s technology enables schools to optimize their networks for Apple devices, critical as more schools implement Apple-centric learning platforms. Aerohive’s Bonjour Gateway solution allows K-12 institutions to make BYOD with Apple devices a native part of every network. This feature manages and controls Apple service availability (such as AirPrint, AirPlay, file sharing, collaboration applications, etc.) across an entire enterprise-class network. Aerohive is also the only third-party enterprise-grade Wi-Fi solution available in Apple Online Stores in North America and Europe.
More resources for Aerohive’s Education Vertical:
- Cloud-Managed Mobility Platform for Education Whitepaper
- BYOD and Beyond: How To Turn BYOD into Productivity Whitepaper
- High-Density Wi-Fi Design Principles Whitepaper
- Schools Graduate to Enterprise-class Wi-Fi Whitepaper
- Seven Guidelines to Support Standardized Testing Solution Brief
- StudentManager & TeacherView Solution Brief
- ConnectED Initiative
- Apple and ConnectED
- E-rate Modernization
- Video: From Aerohive Customers: Why we love Aerohive
“Highly-distributed Wi-Fi with ease of use is essential to our wireless infrastructure,” said Chris Persaud, director of IT technical operations at Palm Beach County School District. “As IT costs have continued to rise, we needed a robust while cost effective solution to handle all of our devices in the network. Aerohive’s platform was able to scale seamlessly with our student and teacher growth.”
“After considering multiple wireless network vendors, we found that Aerohive provided the most consistent performance, reliability and coverage with a full-featured solution,” said Kathy Maimone, director of network technology at Hathaway Brown School. “Aerohive’s technology has completely transformed the quality of our wireless signal across campus and has given us the ability to provide network access to our BYOD users.”
“As a private college touting professionalism and internationalism, delivering best-of-breed learning tools to our highly-expectant and rapidly growing student base is essential,” explains Mick Heath, network and infrastructure manager Regent’s College London. “Aerohive’s forward-thinking and innovative technology complements our mission to provide best-of-breed learning resources to our students. From an IT perspective, we recognized the benefits of a centrally managed network. Aerohive’s linear pricing model was also a factor in our decision and means we have more financial leeway than before – having the flexibility to add APs as and when we need them wasn’t an option with controller-based solutions.”
“After careful assessment of numerous wireless vendors and networking solutions, Aerohive stood out among all the rest because they had all of the features we needed at the right price,” said Harry Zahlis, network coordinator for Fresno City College. “Aerohive’s team truly went above and beyond in assisting with Fresno City College’s implementation, enabling us to fully rollout the solution in a few short weeks.”
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding new Aerohive product and service offerings and statements regarding their expected performance, competitive advantage and market receptiveness, in particular in the education vertical. These forward-looking statements are based on current expectations and are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult or impossible to predict. The actual outcomes and results may differ materially from those contemplated by these forward-looking statements as a result of these uncertainties, risk and changes in circumstances, including, but not limited to, risks and uncertainties related to: general demand for wireless networking in the education vertical or demand for Aerohive products in particular, unpredictable and changing market conditions, risks associated with the deployment, performance and adoption of new products and services, risks associated with our growth, competitive pressures from existing and new companies, technological change, product development delays, our inability to protect Aerohive intellectual property or to predict or limit exposure to third party claims relating to its or Aerohive’s intellectual property, and general market, political, regulatory, economic and business conditions in the United States and internationally.
Additional risks and uncertainties that could affect Aerohive’s financial and operating results are included under the captions “Risk Factors” and “Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations,” in the Company’s recent quarterly report on Form 10-Q. Aerohive’s SEC filings are available on the Investor Relations section of the Company’s website at http://ir.aerohive.com and on the SEC’s website at www.sec.gov. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to the Company as of the date hereof, and Aerohive Networks disclaims any obligation to update the forward-looking statements provided to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date on which they were made, except as required by law.
Aerohive (NYSE:HIVE) unleashes the power of enterprise mobility. Aerohive’s technology enables organizations of all sizes to use mobility to increase productivity, engage customers, and grow their business. Deployed in over 19,000 enterprises worldwide, Aerohive’s proprietary mobility platform takes advantage of the cloud and a distributed architecture to deliver unified, intelligent, simplified and cost-effective networks. Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif. For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog, join our community or become a fan on our Facebook page.
“Aerohive” and “HiveManager” are registered trademarks of Aerohive Networks, Inc. All product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
Sorry. No data so far.